Windows 10: A closer look at Microsoft's new Surface Book laptop

Discus and support A closer look at Microsoft's new Surface Book laptop in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Would be nice if one of the choices is to have the unlocked i7 skylake chip *Smile They're not selling overclocked systems here; and it's still a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Cluster Head, Oct 5, 2015.

1. sygnus21 Win User

A closer look at Microsoft's new Surface Book laptop

They're not selling overclocked systems here; and it's still a notebook so heat is still an issue. It's not like you can water cool the thing *Smile

As for which is which, all you have to do is visit MS's Store - Microsoft Surface Book - scroll down to Tech Specs.

Anyway it says 6th gen processors so... here's a list of Intel's 6th gen mobile processors

sygnus21, Oct 8, 2015
  2. doorules Win User

Didn't plan on water cooling it *Smile But I did read that Intel says that 4.0 is achievable on air, be fun to try and see. And the tech specs don't specify which chip in particular yet to my knowledge.
    I am in no hurry. No issue with waiting for more info to drop to make my decision.

doorules, Oct 8, 2015
  3. A closer look at Microsoft's new Surface Book laptop [​IMG]

A closer look at Microsoft's new Surface Book laptop [​IMG]

A closer look at Microsoft's new Surface Book laptop [​IMG]

Cluster Head, Oct 8, 2015
  4. A closer look at Microsoft's new Surface Book laptop

Cluster Head, Oct 8, 2015
  5. Nubble Win User
    Found this on a vendors (authorized MS re-seller) website that I buy from ... not much more info other than processor info.

Microsoft 13.5" Surface Book Multi-Touch 2-in-1 Notebook (Silver)
    2.6 GHz Intel Core i7-6600U (Skylake)
    16GB of RAM
    13.5" PixelSense Detachable Display
    3000 x 2000 Screen Resolution (267 ppi)
    Dedicated NVIDIA GPU
    512GB SSD
    USB 3.0, Mini DisplayPort, SD Card Slot
    802.11ac Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0
    Surface Pen Included
    Windows 10 Pro

Microsoft 13.5" Surface Book Multi-Touch 2-in-1 Notebook (Silver)
    2.4 GHz Intel Core i5-6300U (Skylake)
    8GB of RAM
    13.5" PixelSense Detachable Display
    3000 x 2000 Screen Resolution (267 ppi)
    Dedicated NVIDIA GPU
    256GB SSD
    USB 3.0, Mini DisplayPort, SD Card Slot
    802.11ac Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0
    Surface Pen Included
    Windows 10 Pro

Nubble, Oct 8, 2015
  6. pparks1 Win User
    With a laptop I am more interested in battery life than overclocking

pparks1, Oct 8, 2015
  7. pparks1 Win User
    I have been at the amazon reinvent conference this week and have seen thousands of MacBook Pros. People are willing to spend if its a good product. I spent that much on my rMBP.

pparks1, Oct 8, 2015
  8. sygnus21 Win User

Hello Mr. Parks, how are you *Smile

Anyway I agree.

Peace *Cool

sygnus21, Oct 8, 2015
  9. Nubble Win User
    If I buy a Surface Book, it comes with W10 Pro as the OS. As this laptop is a Microsoft product, does anyone know if the OS is licensed as a "OEM" version or a "Retail" version?

Nubble, Oct 9, 2015
  10. sygnus21 Win User
    Being it's a Microsoft product I'm 99.99999 percent sure it's OEM. In short, it would be an utter shock (and miracle) to everyone if it wasn't OEM.

I think that wishful thinking can be put to rest *Wink

sygnus21, Oct 9, 2015
  11. pparks1 Win User
    Why on earth would it be retail? Do you plan to put Linux on the device to free up the Windows license to run someplace else?

pparks1, Oct 9, 2015
  12. Emma Win User
    That is good to hear. I have and Acer with a hinge like that, it is called a convertible laptop to tablet. It is so easy on the eyes because you can set it at the angle best for your vision, but I will not buy another Acer.

13. doorules Win User

Dropped into the MS store in Sq One in Ontario. They had no demos of the surface book at all. Hard to believe they expect people to pay this much sight unseen and still no exact spec list. Needless to say I didn't bother to order one at this point in time.

doorules, Oct 14, 2015
  14. rfruth Win User
    They don't even ship yet, no big surprise their not in stock yet

rfruth, Oct 15, 2015
  15. doorules Win User
    I did not expect them to be in stock for consumers. But I don't think it would be unreasonable for an actual MS store to have a demo or two. They only have a half dozen stores in all of Canada. We are not talking about many units for demo purposes in MS stores. You see them in reviews , so some people have access to them, just not their own stores.
    Surely they could let people see what they have before preordering.
    Lots of talk about how preorders have sold out but absolutely no info on the numbers so that stat has no meaning really.
    Still in wait and see mode. *Smile

doorules, Oct 15, 2015
Thema:

1. A closer look at Microsoft's new Surface Book laptop - Similar Threads - closer Microsoft's Surface

2. Closer look at new Microsoft Store for Windows 11 and Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Closer look at new Microsoft Store for Windows 11 and Windows 10: During the second event aimed at developers, Microsoft took the wraps off its new app store for Windows 11 and Windows 10. The Microsoft Store, otherwise known as Windows Store, has been “rebuilt” and redesigned to offer more than the store currently available on Windows 10....
  3. A closer look at Microsoft’s new Action Center on Windows 10X

in Windows 10 News
    A closer look at Microsoft’s new Action Center on Windows 10X: The leaked build of Windows 10X shows that the operating system will redesign the Action Center, Start Menu and Taskbar for single-screen PCs. On Windows 10X, Action Center has been specially crafted to power all form factors, including foldable, single-screen PCs and...
  4. A closer look at the new Start menu on Windows 10X

in Windows 10 News
    A closer look at the new Start menu on Windows 10X: On October 2, Microsoft announced Windows 10X for dual-screen and folding devices like Surface Neo. According to Microsoft, the OS is based on Windows 10 and it comes with a series of user-interface changes, including a new Start that offers less cluttered experience....
  5. Leak gives us a closer look at Microsoft’s new Edge for Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Leak gives us a closer look at Microsoft’s new Edge for Windows 10: As the work on the new Microsoft Edge browser advances, more details are appearing online. The latest leak has also confirmed that Microsoft will launch its own extension store and it will allow users to sideload extensions from Chrome Web Store which is a big deal....
  6. A closer look at new Skype experience for Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    A closer look at new Skype experience for Windows 10: A few days back, Microsoft updated the old Skype app into a new UWP app built on React Native instead of XAML. The comes with the same design guidelines as seen on other platforms meaning it doesn’t follow the Fluent Design guidelines but it’s still much better than the old...
  7. Microsoft Surface Book - who said Laptop was dead

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft Surface Book - who said Laptop was dead: Hi there Who said the laptop was dead -- Ms IMO have got this just right -- not cheap and very definitely a PRO machine - but well worthy as a MacBook competitor. Looks also a lot more rugged that the original tablet type "Vanilla" Surface Slab. Surface Book - The...
  8. A closer look at Spartan's new reading mode and reading list

in Windows 10 News
    A closer look at Spartan's new reading mode and reading list: [img] When Microsoft released Windows 10 build 10041, Spartan did not ship with it, which left many Windows Insiders upset as they wanted to play with the new bits. While you cannot experience Spartan for yourself quite yet, this post will help you get a closer look at a...
  9. Windows 10: A closer look at the new Battery Saver feature

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10: A closer look at the new Battery Saver feature: Battery Saver, as the name implies, will help your mobile device make the most out of your battery. This feature works by limiting the background activity on your device when the mode is activated. You can turn the feature on at anytime but there is also a setting to have it...
  10. A closer look at Windows Ink

in Windows 10 News
    A closer look at Windows Ink: Hello! I’m Li-Chen Miller, Group Program Manager for the Windows Ink team. I’m excited to share that many of the rich capabilities of Windows Ink are now available to Windows Insiders in the Fast ring today, and we will continue to light up new experiences over the coming...