Windows 10: A Cluster of Computers

Discus and support A Cluster of Computers in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hey there! I am trying to setup a local server(i think) or maybe domain with active directory? So here is my goal and i have no idea where to start... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/atrocitykings47, Sep 8, 2020.

1. A Cluster of Computers

Hey there! I am trying to setup a local server(i think) or maybe domain with active directory?

So here is my goal and i have no idea where to start and was wondering if anyone could help.

1. MAIN SERVER
      • 1 admin account
      • a couple user accounts (read write privileges)
      • 1 file read only account (read only privileges)

Now the part that keeps going over my head for some reason. I want to make the user accounts and the read only account to have their own space on the server for storage like their own personal files but at the same time i want to add another drive that they can both share. In addition, i also want to make it so any user can login from any pc in the network and access their files.

At the same time along with all this, i also need file history, so that even if a single byte changes, i can restore or view the older version.

submitted by /u/atrocitykings47
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/atrocitykings47, Sep 8, 2020

2. Perform Upgrade of Windows Cluster & SQL Cluster from 2008 R2 to 2012 R2

I am looking to perform Upgrade of Windows cluster on which SQL cluster is running 2008 R2 and i have to upgrade the OS to 2012 R2.

Please can some one suggest or share some step by step guide which i can refer.

Thanks in Advance!!

Kumar

NiteshKumar10, Sep 8, 2020
  3. 95Viper Win User
    Strange idea... possible to cluster computers on a network for general processing?

Not so strange...

Tech Article - DIY Supercomputing: How to Build a Small Windows HPC Cluster

Building Your Own Super Computer

Building your own supercomputer using Ubuntu and Kerrighed

Quote from here --> How to Hook Up Several Computers to Make a Supercomputer

95Viper, Sep 8, 2020
  4. A Cluster of Computers

Windows 2019 Datacenter Cluster - Configuring Cluster Aware Updating

Hello, everyone.

I am trying to configure Cluster Aware Updating (CAU) on a 2-node, Windows 2019 Datacenter Cluster. Using Failover Cluster Manager, when I run the "Analyze cluster updating readiness" function, I receive a report with two errors and one warning.

The first error is "The failover cluster nodes must be enabled for remote management via WMIv2". They already are. When I run "WINRM QUICKCONFIG -q" on each node, I get no errors; in fact I get "WinRM service is already running on this machine. WinRM is
    already set up for remote management on this computer."

The second error is "Windows PowerShell remoting should be enabled on each failover cluster node". It already is. When I run "Enable-PSRemoting" on each node, I get no errors;. in fact I get no messages back at all.

The one warning is "The CAU clustered role should be installed on the failover cluster to enable self-updating mode". I think this will go away once I get CAU set up and running on this cluster.

My command to add CAU to my cluster ends up being:

Add-CauClusterRole -ClusterName ES19TESTCL1 -Force -CauPluginName Microsoft.WindowsUpdatePlugin -MaxRetriesPerNode 3 -CauPluginArguments @{ 'IncludeRecommendedUpdates' = 'True' } -RequireAllNodesOnline -StartDate "8/1/2020 12:00:00 AM" -DaysOfWeek 64 -WeeksOfMonth
    @(3) -VirtualComputerObjectName ES19TESTCL1CAU -EnableFirewallRules;

ES19TESTCL1CAU is a computer name I pre-staged in my Active Directory.

The results of running that PowerShell script was: "Validation failed for adding CAU cluster role." I'm guessing once I figure out and fix what's causing the validation errors, the script will work. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. This is my first
    cluster.

theBoringCoder at CSB, Sep 8, 2020
Thema:

A Cluster of Computers

1. A Cluster of Computers - Similar Threads - Cluster Computers

2. Kusto cluster access

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Kusto cluster access: Hello, I have power automate flow running to execute Kusto queries. Part of the Kusto query accesses a Kusto cluster kvc7nn8qjvx58czv1ks7kw.southcentralus.kusto.windows.net, and this part throws an error:"ErrorReason": "BadRequest","ErrorMessage": "Errors occurred while...
  3. Kusto cluster access

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Kusto cluster access: Hello, I have power automate flow running to execute Kusto queries. Part of the Kusto query accesses a Kusto cluster kvc7nn8qjvx58czv1ks7kw.southcentralus.kusto.windows.net, and this part throws an error:"ErrorReason": "BadRequest","ErrorMessage": "Errors occurred while...
  4. Blue Screen of death on cluster machine.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue Screen of death on cluster machine.: Hello,We've recently encountered a Blue Screen incident on one of our cluster machines, with the following error " The computer has rebooted from a bug check".Following this article...
  5. Blue Screen of death on cluster machine.

Blue Screen of death on cluster machine.: Hello,We've recently encountered a Blue Screen incident on one of our cluster machines, with the following error " The computer has rebooted from a bug check".Following this article...
  6. Blue Screen of death on cluster machine.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Failover Cluster Storage Replication

Failover Cluster Storage Replication: We have a Windows failover cluster containing a shared disk assigned to a Role and want to set up replication from it.We tried removing the disk from the cluster to use DFS Replication, however we lose access to the network shares of the disk even once they are recreated with...
  8. High Performance Cluster Computing

in Windows 10 Customization
    High Performance Cluster Computing: Hello! How you doin' I am trying to setup a cluster of just two laptopsfor learning, so that I would later on be able to purchase Microsoft services to build an actual HPC in my university for researchers, and I am not in favor of Linux like some of my group members are,...
  9. Are there Clustered Computing solutions for Windows ?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Are there Clustered Computing solutions for Windows ?: I have been researching this topic for a while , about harnessing the power of all PCs and Laptops within a home or a company to achieve super computing / gaming . All my researches leads to that its quite possible over Linux using shell commands dedicated for the process ,...
  10. Bad clusters - automatic repair can't get into computer?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bad clusters - automatic repair can't get into computer?: So my computer came up with automatic repair - your pc did not start correctly. I don't want to lose my files so I tried system reset, restore, startup repair, basically everything. I ran a chkdsk command which told me that it moved 1 bad cluster to the bad cluster file and...