Windows 10: A command screen sometimes appears

Discus and support A command screen sometimes appears in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello I sometimes see a command screen suddenly appearing on my screen. Just for a few seconds. I've never noticed this before so I was worried it... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Femke_886, Oct 27, 2020.

1. Femke_886 Win User

A command screen sometimes appears

Hello

I sometimes see a command screen suddenly appearing on my screen. Just for a few seconds. I've never noticed this before so I was worried it could be some kind of virus. Can anyone help me out as to why it is suddenly appearing like that?

Thanks in advance

:)

Femke_886, Oct 27, 2020
  2. Bree Win User

Installation media boots to command prompt

I've just booted from known working install media to see exactly what it does when booting. The sequence of events is...

1. Windows logo on a black screen
    2. circling dots appear beneath the logo
    3. light blue 'Please wait' screen with circling dots
    4. a command prompt window (very briefly)
    5. the initial Setup page appears

Do you see steps 1-3? If so, it appears you have stopped at step 4, suggesting that something on the disc cannot be read.

Does the disc boot properly in another machine? If so, try cleaning the laptop's drive lens then try booting from the disc again.

If not, make new install media with Microsoft's Media Creation Tool, either as a bootable USB, on an ISO that you can burn to another disc. At Step 8 in Option One of this tutorial you can choose between making a USB or an ISO.

Download Windows 10 ISO File

3. Naki Win User
    GPU-Z what command line parameter ?

Suggestion: /? (-?) and /help (-help) command-line arguments to show a list of all possible arguments in a small window. *Smile A command screen sometimes appears :)

4. ryanly Win User

GPU-Z what command line parameter ?

Current /? (-?) or / help (-help) parameter is invalid

ryanly, Oct 27, 2020
Thema:

1. A command screen sometimes appears - Similar Threads - command screen sometimes

2. Lock Screen Sometimes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lock Screen Sometimes: I have windows 10 and have set lock time to 5 minutes with no screen saver. Display windows spotlight with weather app.I leave the desktop and display on at the end of the day. On some mornings when I return the screen is locked with spotlight showing. On other days, the...
  3. Lock Screen Sometimes

in Windows 10 Customization
    Lock Screen Sometimes: I have windows 10 and have set lock time to 5 minutes with no screen saver. Display windows spotlight with weather app.I leave the desktop and display on at the end of the day. On some mornings when I return the screen is locked with spotlight showing. On other days, the...
  4. Taskbar sometimes refuses to appear

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar sometimes refuses to appear: So, I have enable the option to hide the taskbar because I think it makes my desktop look much better. The problem is that sometimes I have to minimize all of my windows sometimes it works if I just minimize a specific one to get the taskbar to reappear and it's quite...
  5. Command Prompt appears and disappears

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Command Prompt appears and disappears: Sometimes and not always command prompt appears while I am browsing on google and it stays there for like a second and then suddenly disappears . My laptop is new and it has no problems as of now also i scanned for viruses but it showed none , please someone help me because...
  6. "Sometime in the future" appearing in file explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "Sometime in the future" appearing in file explorer: Today I went to a folder in my Downloads, and the folders last modified date was 7/21/2185. I did not modify the folder in any way, please tell me what is going on![ATTACH]...
  7. Why the black screen appears sometimes while using window 10

in Cortana
    Why the black screen appears sometimes while using window 10: Most of the times when i was surfing internet these things appears on my screen, still cant able to solve this issue. Please provide a solution...
  8. but sometimes mouse freezes and sometimes appear error in attachment

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    but sometimes mouse freezes and sometimes appear error in attachment: My PC has Windows 10 Home but sometimes mouse freezes and sometimes appear error in attachment both needed HARD SHUT-DOWN [keep press shutdown 4-5 seconds] what to do? [IMG]...
  9. Black/Blank information boxes and sometimes full black screen appear.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black/Blank information boxes and sometimes full black screen appear.: I started having a problem with my HP Pavilion laptop model number 15-au076sa. Sometimes the whole screen goes black, this was the only issue i noticed for a while until other little black boxes started appearing like if i scrolled over the name of a youtube video instead of...
  10. Second monitor appears pixelated sometimes

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Second monitor appears pixelated sometimes: Before we get started, here might be some setup information that may be worth noting. My primary monitor is a 1080p, 1920 x 1080 (native) using an HDMI to DVI. My secondary monitor is a SONY TV 1360 x 768 (native) using an HDMI. Both are connected to my graphics card and not...