Windows 10: A computer on a private network not shown

Discus and support A computer on a private network not shown in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have two computers A and B on a private network using Ethernet.Computer A can access computer B, but B cannot access A.Computers both A and B use the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ToshimiMinoura, May 9, 2021.

1. A computer on a private network not shown

I have two computers A and B on a private network using Ethernet.Computer A can access computer B, but B cannot access A.Computers both A and B use the following settings for the Private network in the "Advanced sharing settings" page.'Turn on network discovery' and 'Turn on file and printer sharing' are selected, and "Turn on automatic setup of network connected devices" is checked.Under "Network" of File Explorer of computers A and B, computer B is shown.However, Computer A is not shown under "Network" of File Explorer of com

:)

ToshimiMinoura, May 9, 2021

2. Network computer not shown in Network-list

I have acces to a computer in the network with \\Computer2\ in the file explorer.

This computer however is not shown in the NETWORK-list. Others are shown.

Anton

ZoettlAnton, May 9, 2021
  3. Change Network from Public to Private

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to
    change your network from Public to Private:

• Type PowerShell in Search Window and then right click on it and click on
      Run as Administrator.

• Type the following command to find your interface Index:
      Get-NetConnectionProfile

• Use your interface index (for example 5) with this command:
      Set-NetConnectionProfile -InterfaceIndex 5 -NetworkCategory Private

• Now reboot the device and check if the network has changed from Public to Private.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, May 9, 2021
  4. Ryan Fra Win User

A computer on a private network not shown

Windows HomeGroups and Xfinity Private Networks

Hi Gene,

Thank you for sharing the outcome when you followed the steps on how to create a HomeGroup. Please follow these steps to change the network profile to Private:

• Left click on the Wi-Fi icon at the bottom right side of the screen, near the clock.
    • Left click on Properties below your network name.
    • Under Network profile, change it to Private.
    • Create a HomeGroup again.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Ryan Fra, May 9, 2021
Thema:

A computer on a private network not shown

1. A computer on a private network not shown - Similar Threads - computer private network

2. Administrator controls on a private non network computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Administrator controls on a private non network computer: I have this issue which led me to re install a clean version of win 10 today but the problem has not gone away. Almost any app I want to open i get a message in a blue background box This app has been blocked by your system administrator. WIndows defender firewall is off. I...
  3. Administrator controls on a private non network computer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Administrator controls on a private non network computer: I have this issue which led me to re install a clean version of win 10 today but the problem has not gone away. Almost any app I want to open i get a message in a blue background box This app has been blocked by your system administrator. WIndows defender firewall is off. I...
  4. No networks shown

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No networks shown: I hadn't realised it up until now but I have no networks shown in my wifi tab, my ethernet connected to my wifi and works fine but its intervening in something i'm downloading I think. This never used to happen though, there were other wifi networks in my area as well that...
  5. No networks shown

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No networks shown: I hadn't realised it up until now but I have no networks shown in my wifi tab, my ethernet connected to my wifi and works fine but its intervening in something i'm downloading I think. This never used to happen though, there were other wifi networks in my area as well that...
  6. No networks shown

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Cannot see other computers on private network

Cannot see other computers on private network: I am trying to set up my home network so I can access my other computers' files from one computer. I currently have 2 computers. Computer A Main and Computer B Secondary both on Private network. Computer B is able to see all of the shared folders Computer A has set AND...
  8. unable to discover desktop computer on private network

unable to discover desktop computer on private network: I am unable to discover my desktop computer on private network. My desktop can access my laptop but not the otherway round. It used to be fully useable a few weeks ago....
  9. Private Network

Private Network: Can I still browse the internet if I set my network status to Private? It is currently on Public. I have a second PC that I want to be able to share files and devices. I am assuming is that sharing on public network is more problematic from a security point of view...
  10. Computer found on the network but no files shown

Computer found on the network but no files shown: This started a week ago after loosing power. I have 4 computers that are linked together on my network. All 4 computers are showing up in my network. The problem is my main computer (shieldsservice) when you try to access it from any other computer it says the folder is...