Windows 10: A computer's drives are no longer accessible on my network yet it can browse other...

Discus and support A computer's drives are no longer accessible on my network yet it can browse other... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a Win 10 1803 computer that all of a sudden this morning its drives can no longer be accessed by other computers on my network yet it can browse... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by selfsimilar, Oct 14, 2018.

1. A computer's drives are no longer accessible on my network yet it can browse other...

I have a Win 10 1803 computer that all of a sudden this morning its drives can no longer be accessed by other computers on my network yet it can browse the other computer drives with no problems.

It can be pinged with no problems.

When I try to map a network drive on that computer from another one using \\machinename\folder I get the message

Windows cannot access \\machinename

Error 0x870070035

I can map a network drive from another computer using \\192.168.x.x.\folder with no problems.

There seems to be problem with using the computer name

Suggestions on how to fix this problem?

:)

selfsimilar, Oct 14, 2018
  2. taward Win User

One computer cannot access other network computers.

So I've tried every troubleshooting step I know:
    • Double checked that Net Bios was enabled
    • Ran a bunch of network commands:
      • flushed DNS
      • registered dns
      • pinged and located the named computers successfully
    • Reset my router to factory settings

Nothing works when I try to access via explorer. I'm still baffled by the fact that every other computer can access each other AND access this computer. It's just the outgoing connection from this machine that doesn't work.

Any thoughts?

taward, Oct 14, 2018
  3. Can't access drives on computers on network

I am on a new HP Pavilion laptop running Windows 10. I also have the following on my network, sharing the same domain.

• Laptop running Windows 7
    • Laptop running Windows 10
    • Desktop running Windows XP
    • HP Deskjet printer

I can see the laptops and the printer on the network, and I can access and use the printer. But I cannot access the laptop drives. I am asked for the name and password for each device, but when entered, they are not accepted

What suggestions can you offer?

SonoRimaggio, Oct 14, 2018
  4. Yolvi Ell Win User

A computer's drives are no longer accessible on my network yet it can browse other...

Unable to browse network computers.

We suggest creating a new administrator user account by following the steps
    here
    . Make sure to use the same network settings that you used for your other computers, then check if you can connect to the home network. Since you also mentioned that Windows 10 was freshly installed on this particular computer, have you already downloaded
    the latest updates? The latest build for Version 1607 is 14393.1715, and 15063.608 for Version 1703. You can check the build version of your computer by following these steps:

• Click Start.
    • Type winver and press Enter.

If you don't have the latest updates, you can follow these steps to install them:

• Click Start.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Click Update & security.
    • Click Check for updates.

If that doesn't work, we'd like screenshots of the network and file sharing settings of the computer that doesn't work, and the settings of one of your other computers that can connect and share files properly on the home network.

Yolvi Ell, Oct 14, 2018
Thema:

A computer's drives are no longer accessible on my network yet it can browse other...

1. A computer's drives are no longer accessible on my network yet it can browse other... - Similar Threads - computer's drives are

2. I can no longer access my D: drive on my computer.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I can no longer access my D: drive on my computer.: I recently took my computer to Best Buy due to issues with me factory resetting it that I couldn't find a way to resolve myself. I just now opened it and downloaded something to find that in files under "This PC" I no longer had access to my D: drive. I am wondering if it is...
  3. I can no longer access my D: drive on my computer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can no longer access my D: drive on my computer.: I recently took my computer to Best Buy due to issues with me factory resetting it that I couldn't find a way to resolve myself. I just now opened it and downloaded something to find that in files under "This PC" I no longer had access to my D: drive. I am wondering if it is...
  4. Can't access other computer in network but other can access mine

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't access other computer in network but other can access mine: so i cant acces other computer via network sharing but other computer can access mine. im in windows 11 newest version please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-access-other-computer-in-network-but-other/47ecbb83-f674-4a16-8b3b-9d94630e132e
  5. Can't access other computer in network but other can access mine

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't access other computer in network but other can access mine: so i cant acces other computer via network sharing but other computer can access mine. im in windows 11 newest version please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-access-other-computer-in-network-but-other/47ecbb83-f674-4a16-8b3b-9d94630e132e
  6. I can access my network drive yet no shares are to be seen

I can access my network drive yet no shares are to be seen: I can access this Drive with windows Explorer. When I reboot machine it comes up and it asks me for a password and it connects. [img] The problem I have is I want to use everything search on that neworked drive yet I have no way to tell everything that this share exists....
  7. can't access network drives on other computers,

can't access network drives on other computers,: I'm livid, I have three computers, one running windows 7, one running windows 10 pro and a new one with windows 10 home. I had some trouble but finally was able to make the files available between the windows 10 pro and the windows 7 computer, but this stupid windows 10...
  8. Other computers can access my network, but i can't access theirs.

Other computers can access my network, but i can't access theirs.: I tried connecting to 2 different computer via Ethernet cable and WiFi but their pc can't be accessed and is requiring user/password login or network credentials to access. The settings Turn off password protected sharing and Use user accounts and passwords to connect to...
  9. why can I no longer see other computers on my network?

why can I no longer see other computers on my network?: It seems ever since they(Microsoft) got rid of the homegroup I can no longer see other computers on my network. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/why-can-i-no-longer-see-other-computers-on-my/da8c492d-3223-47f7-b205-f22790627e72
  10. W10 no longer can access other devices on network.

W10 no longer can access other devices on network.: I THINK I found the problem/answer in another thread, ... but it is an old thread and I am not sure. That thread is here: Cannot access shared network drive In any case, here is the case: Computer #1 DELL W10-64 Computer #2 Toshiba W7-64 Computer #3 Acer W7-32 NAT...