Windows 10: A connection to the Windows Update service could not be established

Discus and support A connection to the Windows Update service could not be established in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, I am running Windows 10 Pro 2004. It was freshly installed on this PC about a week ago. Since then, every time I check for updates, I receive... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Capt. Timeter, Jul 9, 2020.

1. A connection to the Windows Update service could not be established

Hello,

I am running Windows 10 Pro 2004. It was freshly installed on this PC about a week ago. Since then, every time I check for updates, I receive a message that my Windows is up to date. I would not be worried otherwise, but today while looking through the Event viewer I found this kind of records see the attached screenshot. They are multiple and are present for every day in the journal.

I have tried the Windows Troubleshooter just in case, but it has found no problem with the Update. I have checked Services and the Windows Update service is running.

Could I be having problems with updates? How can I check?

A connection to the Windows Update service could not be established 7a5efd49-a21a-4ec8-a79b-2531fd2b498c?upload=true.jpg

Al

:)

Capt. Timeter, Jul 9, 2020

2. Windows Update can't establish connection

After a long time I could finally find a solution to this problem! A connection to the Windows Update service could not be established :D

Today I was reading some posts in Reddit about Windows 10 apps having problems establishing connection, and found a user that could solve all problems with a certain tool.

Here is the post with the solution:

Windows 10, Edge does not connect to the internet, Cortana does not connect to the internet, Windows store error 0x80072EE7 and cannot activate windows 10. : Windows10

And here is a link to the suggested tool in the above post:

Tweaking.com - Windows Repair Free/Pro

Download and install it, follow all 5 steps listed in the program, and then run the repairs in safe mode.

After doing the repair install 2 months ago no apps where able to connect (before that only Edge could connect).

Today, after running the above program, I opened the Store, Edge, and Windows Update, and to my surprise every app could connect succesfuly with no errors.

Fernando.93, Jul 9, 2020
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jul 9, 2020
  4. A connection to the Windows Update service could not be established

Kapil Arya MVP, Jul 9, 2020
Thema:

A connection to the Windows Update service could not be established

1. A connection to the Windows Update service could not be established - Similar Threads - connection Update service

2. WSL not downloading on windows 11 A connection with the server could not be established

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WSL not downloading on windows 11 A connection with the server could not be established: Typing this command does not work. I opened Terminal with admin rights and windows 11 is updated to the latest update as of today https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wsl-not-downloading-on-windows-11-a-connection/fb947aaa-e4bb-4128-9936-2dd236857776
  3. WSL not downloading on windows 11 A connection with the server could not be established

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WSL not downloading on windows 11 A connection with the server could not be established: Typing this command does not work. I opened Terminal with admin rights and windows 11 is updated to the latest update as of today https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wsl-not-downloading-on-windows-11-a-connection/fb947aaa-e4bb-4128-9936-2dd236857776
  4. Connection not established

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Connection not established: Hi,I have a problem with internet connection on my Windows 10 computer. On Ethernet icon right bottom I havemessage "Connection not established no available connections" but Internet working,The computer is on the domain and network settings are entered. The problem is with...
  5. Connection not established

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Connection not established: Hi,I have a problem with internet connection on my Windows 10 computer. On Ethernet icon right bottom I havemessage "Connection not established no available connections" but Internet working,The computer is on the domain and network settings are entered. The problem is with...
  6. Connection not established

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. No connection could be established to the multiplayer game Farming Simulator error

in Windows 10 News
    No connection could be established to the multiplayer game Farming Simulator error: [ATTACH]Some users are seeing No connection could be established to the multiplayer game in Farming Simulator. The error usually appears when trying to play a multiplayer game. In this article, we are going to see what’s causing the issue and what you can do to resolve it....
  8. The underlying connection was closed: Could not establish trust relationship for the...

The underlying connection was closed: Could not establish trust relationship for the...: So, I have an app that wants to download some content, but when I launch it, even though I'm connected to the Internet, I get this error. Any solutions? Here's a screenshot for your reference- [IMG]...
  9. Connection could be established without network access!!

Connection could be established without network access!!: Hi guys , I used to make a personal VPN account of my current windows VPS with softether VPN server manager.recently it couldnot be registered on the network anymore while I reinstalled a new fresh windows server 2008R2 with new softether VPN.I even used the following...
  10. VPN: A connection to the remote computer could not be established

VPN: A connection to the remote computer could not be established: After i reseted the whole network, the VPN does not work anymore no matter how i configurated the VPN but it works in Virtual Machine. What i did was input these commands in cmd Code: netsh winsock reset netsh int ip reset ipconfig /release ipconfig /renew ipconfig...