Windows 10: A copy of Minecraft randomly appeared on my PC

Discus and support A copy of Minecraft randomly appeared on my PC in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Is this normal? Says it was installed about a month ago. I can launch it but I haven’t tried actually playing it. Did they give it away for free and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/DiscoDingoDoggo, Jul 12, 2020.

1. A copy of Minecraft randomly appeared on my PC

Is this normal? Says it was installed about a month ago. I can launch it but I haven’t tried actually playing it.

Did they give it away for free and just include it with an update or something?

submitted by /u/DiscoDingoDoggo
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/DiscoDingoDoggo, Jul 12, 2020
  2. Barman58 Win User

Homegroup For Minecraft Servers Or What?

It looks as if the existing minecraft server will use the new system without modification - It needs to be able to access the computers on the network in a two way link, which is the standard for Workgroup and Homegroup

There is a complete step by step available, if you have any issues ...

Tutorials/Setting up a server – Official Minecraft Wiki

It's not something I have any direct experience with but a quick read suggests to me that you will not need to do Much if any reconfiguration of the existing server

Barman58, Jul 12, 2020
  3. Just got minecraft PC edition, freezes on Mojang logo

Thanks for the clarification.

For us to have a better overview of your concern, kindly answer the following questions:

• Which edition of Minecraft are you using?
    • Are you using the physical copy or digital version of the game?
    • Where did you purchase the game?
    We suggest that you follow the steps provided on this
    link
    on how to find out if a game will work on your Windows 10 device.

Keep us posted.

Catherine Cus., Jul 12, 2020
  4. A copy of Minecraft randomly appeared on my PC

Purchased Multiple Copies Of Minecraft Versions, But Need Minecraft - Java Edition.

Hi Debalena,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

If you have purchased several copies of Minecraft from Mojang, then I suggest you to refer the
    Mojang refunds policy and check their refund policy.

If you want to swap your editions of Minecraft that you have purchased, please
    Contact Mojang Support and they will help you with this.

If you have purchased Minecraft from Microsoft Store, then I suggest you to refer
    Returning items you bought from Microsoft Store for exchange or refund
    and check if you can get a refund.

As you need the Java Edition of Minecraft, you can follow the steps mentioned in
    How do I install Minecraft: Java Edition? and install
    the Java Edition of Minecraft on your computer.

Before purchasing the Java Edition of Minecraft, I suggest you to refer the system requirements for installing the Java Edition of Minecraft from
    Minecraft: Java Edition system requirements.

For reference, you may also refer the Different Minecraft Editions
    to know more about the different versions of Minecraft.

Shafeeq_Khan, Jul 12, 2020
Thema:

A copy of Minecraft randomly appeared on my PC

1. A copy of Minecraft randomly appeared on my PC - Similar Threads - copy Minecraft randomly

2. Random screenshots appearing in hidden folders on my pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random screenshots appearing in hidden folders on my pc: Screenshots of my home screen are randomly appearing called "Capture0" I check for their file location and they are in "LocalState" in folders with weird numbers and lettersIs this something to be concerned about?...
  3. Random screenshots appearing in hidden folders on my pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random screenshots appearing in hidden folders on my pc: Screenshots of my home screen are randomly appearing called "Capture0" I check for their file location and they are in "LocalState" in folders with weird numbers and lettersIs this something to be concerned about?...
  4. Minecraft - This account does not appear to own minecraft or have PC Gamepass

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Minecraft - This account does not appear to own minecraft or have PC Gamepass: Hi,I bought Minecraft a few years ago and have just installed it on a new PC via the Microsoft Store, when I login to the store with my account and then install the game, it works with no issues, however, when I try and login to other Minecraft applications that link to my...
  5. Minecraft does not appear in my library

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Minecraft does not appear in my library: Hello,I just bought "Minecraft Windows 10 -startcollectie", my creditcard was charged 29.99 Euro, but the game does not appear in my MS account's library. I does appear on my order history, but when I click on it, it sends me to the MS Store to buy it again!.How can I...
  6. my Minecraft world won't appear

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my Minecraft world won't appear: Somebody to Remember - YouTube source for info ↑ the issue is likely caused by data corruption 1.make a new world and get to high ground or fly up 2.save to title 3.get to your saves folder. 4.open the corrupted world's folder 5.copy the region file.the file...
  7. my Minecraft world won't appear

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my Minecraft world won't appear: a few days ago I left Minecraft open, and my laptop froze while in sleep mode. I powered it off and on. reopened the app and the world didn't show up at all it is still present in the files. what should I do to fix this? I moved it to another folder to try to reload the file...
  8. Random "services and controller app" appeared in my new pc

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Random "services and controller app" appeared in my new pc: So i just got a new pc litterally one day ago. I only got to install 2 cracked games that i had on a USB. (Dont judge me) But suddenly today when decided to boot it up windows defender popped up asking me if i want to allow access to this "services and controller app" i...
  9. minecraft not appearing in my library

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    minecraft not appearing in my library: my church leader bought me minecraft windows 10 as a gift, and i had to redeem the code blah blah blah. that was earlier this year. i wiped the laptop i redeemed the code on. im logged into the account/email that the code & minecraft applied to but i cant play it- it wants me...
  10. Random User appeared on pc

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Random User appeared on pc: Help, i found a new user on pc, mine is gone and i cant remove it because it is admin, i dont know how to get back on im worried ive lost everything. Is there anyway i can fix this and remove the account and do a reset?...