Windows 10: A corrected hardware error has occurred. WHEA-Logger no blue screen

Discus and support A corrected hardware error has occurred. WHEA-Logger no blue screen in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have been running into an issue where my computer screen will go black and everything will become unresponsive. I will have to force shut down with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by John DavidCM, Aug 20, 2022.

1. A corrected hardware error has occurred. WHEA-Logger no blue screen

I have been running into an issue where my computer screen will go black and everything will become unresponsive. I will have to force shut down with the power button and restart. When I look in the event viewer I see many A corrected hardware error has occurred events along with events from DistributedCOM. All benchmark tests passed, temperatures are all normal, drivers are updated. I have no idea why this is occurring.https://1drv.ms/u/s!AofcJBpC8hbrgi6IB-7RFsIQ_nmf?e=6tqL1q here is the link to the event logs. Any help is appreciated.

:)

John DavidCM, Aug 20, 2022

2. WHEA-Logger Error 19

When I installed the January 2018 cumulative update, I started getting consistent WHEA-Logger errors about every 60 seconds. Here's what's in the event viewer:

A corrected hardware error has occurred.

Reported by component: Processor Core

Error Source: Corrected Machine Check

Error Type: Internal parity error

Processor APIC ID: 2

I also started getting random blue/green screen crashes. I did a system restore to before the update, and everything went back to normal: no logger errors and no crashes. I waited for the next cumulative update (KB4058258), then installed that figuring that
    the problem would be sorted out.

Nope. The logger errors are back. The system hasn't crashed yet, but I'm living in dread. Looks like I'll roll back to the pre-January state so that I can keep working without fearing for loss of data.

Does anyone know a fix/workaround for this? Please don't suggest doing clean Windows install or a reset. In addition to making a mess of things, it's not relevant. This is simple: remove the update and the problem goes away. Apply the update problem comes
    back. It's the update. It's not my Windows installation. Thanks!

RulySuperset609, Aug 20, 2022
  3. philc43 Win User
    Blue screen whea uncorectable error

All I can suggest is that you start the diagnostic tests for hardware errors.

STOP 0x124 Troubleshooting [/i] Read carefully before proceeding.

A corrected hardware error has occurred. WHEA-Logger no blue screen [​IMG]
    Warning
    A corrected hardware error has occurred. WHEA-Logger no blue screen warnsmall.png
    If you're overclocking your system, revert back to stock clocks now.
    A corrected hardware error has occurred. WHEA-Logger no blue screen warnsmall.png

Note Test the system once the overclock is removed before continuing with the steps outlined below.

Part One: CPU Stress Test
    Part Two: MemTest86+ RAM Diagnostic
    Part Three: Hard Drive Diagnostics
    Part Four: GPU Stress Test

ONE [/i] CPU TEST
    *Arrow Run Prime95 to stress test your CPU. Prime95 - Stress Test Your CPU - Windows 10 Forums

Warning Your CPU temperatures will rise quickly while under this stress test. Keep a keen eye on them and abort the test if overheating occurs.

TWO [/i] RAM TEST
    *Arrow Run MemTest86+ to analyse your RAM. MemTest86+ - Test RAM - Windows 10 Forums

Note

MemTest86+ needs to be run for at least 8 passes for conclusive results. Set it running before you go to bed and leave it overnight. We're looking for zero errors here. Even a single error will indicate RAM failure.

THREE [/i] HDD TEST
    *Arrow Run HDTune to
    • check the health,
    • scan for errors, no quick scan but full scan
    • run a benchmark.
    It may take some time, but please take the time you need to perform it properly.
    When above is done please make screenshots of the following
    • the health,
    • the error scan,
    • the benchmark incl. following
      • transfer rate,
      • access time,
      • burst rate,
      • cpu usage.

FOUR [/i] GPU TEST
    *Arrow Run Furmark to stress test your GPU. FurMark - GPU Stress Test - Windows 10 Forums

Note Run Furmark for around 30 minutes.

Warning Your GPU temperatures will rise quickly while Furmark is running. Keep a keen eye on them and abort the test if overheating occurs.

philc43, Aug 20, 2022
  4. EdTittel Win User

A corrected hardware error has occurred. WHEA-Logger no blue screen

EdTittel, Aug 20, 2022
Thema:

A corrected hardware error has occurred. WHEA-Logger no blue screen

1. A corrected hardware error has occurred. WHEA-Logger no blue screen - Similar Threads - corrected hardware error

2. A corrected hardware error has occurred. WHEA-Logger no blue screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A corrected hardware error has occurred. WHEA-Logger no blue screen: I have been running into an issue where my computer screen will go black and everything will become unresponsive. I will have to force shut down with the power button and restart. When I look in the event viewer I see many A corrected hardware error has occurred events along...
  3. A corrected hardware error has occurred. WHEA-Logger no blue screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    A corrected hardware error has occurred. WHEA-Logger no blue screen: I have been running into an issue where my computer screen will go black and everything will become unresponsive. I will have to force shut down with the power button and restart. When I look in the event viewer I see many A corrected hardware error has occurred events along...
  4. WHEA-Logger Event ID:17 - A corrected hardware error has occurred...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WHEA-Logger Event ID:17 - A corrected hardware error has occurred...: Hi,Since I upgrade from Windows 10 to Windows 11 I start to see this warning message in Event Viewer. This message repeats it self at a high rate, and I can't find the way to resolve it. I don't know what is the source of it. I've already done two resets to my windows...
  5. WHEA-Logger Event ID:17 - A corrected hardware error has occurred...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WHEA-Logger Event ID:17 - A corrected hardware error has occurred...: Hi,Since I upgrade from Windows 10 to Windows 11 I start to see this warning message in Event Viewer. This message repeats it self at a high rate, and I can't find the way to resolve it. I don't know what is the source of it. I've already done two resets to my windows...
  6. WHEA-Logger A fatal hardware error has occurred.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    WHEA-Logger A fatal hardware error has occurred.: Hi I noticed today I have two of these events, A fatal hardware error has occurred. A record describing the condition is contained in the data section of this event. The first one happened on february 4 and the last one happened on february 24 Haven't noticed any stability...
  7. WHEA-Logger A fatal hardware error has occurred...

WHEA-Logger A fatal hardware error has occurred...: ...A record describing the condition is contained in the data section of this event. I want to know how to decode the RawData numbers in this error. Please don't tell me how to fix it or what could be causing it or try to troubleshoot, or ask me whether or not I'm having...
  8. WHEA-Logger Event "A corrected hardware error has occurred" Event ID 17

WHEA-Logger Event "A corrected hardware error has occurred" Event ID 17: Hi I'm having a hard time solving this issue even after looking for the issue on multiple websites. My laptop is unable to go to sleep and draining my battery all along every time i put it into sleep mode. This wasn't the case before. After few weeks of uninstalling...
  9. WHEA-Logger, Event 19: A corrected hardware error has occurred.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    WHEA-Logger, Event 19: A corrected hardware error has occurred.: Just yesterday my computer completely shut down due to a bluescreen with the error code being: 0x00000124 WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR. I looked at other posts suggesting to update drivers and I did, but it didn't resolve the problem. I checked for faulty drivers and memory...
  10. WHEA-Logger Event "A corrected hardware error has occurred"

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    WHEA-Logger Event "A corrected hardware error has occurred": Hi. Today i checked my event viewer and found some weird errors in 21.01.2018 : System Warning 21/01/2018 A corrected hardware error has occurred. Reported by component: Processor Core Error Source: 1 Error Type: 9 Processor ID: 0 Here are screen: [img] Its only in...