Windows 10: A couple of Excel files will not show up in jump list

Discus and support A couple of Excel files will not show up in jump list in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; New laptop only 2 weeks old with Windows 11 running... I have a handful of Excel files that I use regularly and have had them pinned in my taskbar Jump... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by A1L01L0, Dec 1, 2022.

1. A1L01L0 Win User

A couple of Excel files will not show up in jump list

New laptop only 2 weeks old with Windows 11 running... I have a handful of Excel files that I use regularly and have had them pinned in my taskbar Jump List for years previous laptop was running windows 10 and now on the new laptop, a couple of those Excel files that will not show up in the taskbar jump list's recent list so I can pin them. I have cleared all Recent history several times , unchecked and checked Quick Access option, turned "Show recently opened items in Start, Jump List and File Explorer" off and on several times, moved the files to a new location, opened and closed them s

:)

A1L01L0, Dec 1, 2022
  2. Bree Win User

Can't unpin excel jump list file from the start menu

The same jumplist shows wherever you right-click on Excel (or any other app that has a jumplist) be that on a tile in Start, pinned to the taskbar or in Start's 'all apps' list.

Right-click on any file name in the jumplist (like your ABC.xls) and you should see options to 'Pin to this list' and 'Remove from this list'. If the file is pinned to the list, you have to unpin it first before you can remove it from the list.

A couple of Excel files will not show up in jump list [​IMG]

*Arrow Pin or Unpin Items on Jump Lists in Windows 10

If that isn't working for you, then it sounds like you'll need to reset the recent items that jumplists show. This will reset ALL jumplists, not just the Excel one, so only reset it if nothing else works.

*Arrow Reset and Clear Recent Items and Frequent Places in Windows 10

Bree, Dec 1, 2022
  3. Where is my Excel Jump List on Windows 10?

I used to use the jump list for Excel from the start menu to open recently used Excel files. Now it has gone and I cant find out how to get it back. I am sure it is there somewhere. Does anyone know how I can restore the jump list of recently used Excel
    files?

leicestersq, Dec 1, 2022
  4. sygnus21 Win User

Can't add document to Excel jump list

Humor me. Open your jump lists from the taskbar, mouse over one and click the pin icon. Does it pin?

Trying to pin from within Excel (opening Excel, pinning from the jump lists there) doesn't work for me. It only works from the taskbar - mouse over, click pin icon, pinned (as shown above in red). Again, this is Office 365.

Why it only works this way I can not say.

sygnus21, Dec 1, 2022
Thema:

1. A couple of Excel files will not show up in jump list - Similar Threads - couple Excel files

2. A couple of Excel files will not show up in jump list

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    A couple of Excel files will not show up in jump list: New laptop only 2 weeks old with Windows 11 running... I have a handful of Excel files that I use regularly and have had them pinned in my taskbar Jump List for years previous laptop was running windows 10 and now on the new laptop, a couple of those Excel files that will not...
  3. Windows 10 jump lists - file extensions not showing inconsistently

Windows 10 jump lists - file extensions not showing inconsistently: I have and always have had file extensions visible:But in my jump lists - a feature I use a lot - the extensions appear inconsistently, e.g:Anyone know why or how I can fix this?...
  4. Windows 10 jump lists - file extensions not showing inconsistently

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 jump lists - file extensions not showing inconsistently: I have and always have had file extensions visible:But in my jump lists - a feature I use a lot - the extensions appear inconsistently, e.g:Anyone know why or how I can fix this?...
  5. list of files jumps to the top

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    list of files jumps to the top: It is the issue with File Explorer. When I open a long list of files trying to go through it, it suddenly jumps up, to the beginning https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/list-of-files-jumps-to-the-top/36787289-5415-4a6c-b104-b14b6199b826
  6. Can't add document to Excel jump list

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Can't add document to Excel jump list: I am no longer able to add a new pinned Excel document to the Excel jump list on the Taskbar. I can remove existing items from the jump list, but when I try to pin a new item to it my request is ignored. I can manage my MS Word jump list without any problems. I've tried using...
  7. Large Jump List Showing Up In The Middle Of The Screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Large Jump List Showing Up In The Middle Of The Screen: Hi Everyone, I don't know how exactly to describe this problem but the closest I can figure is to describe it as a large jump list appearing in the middle of the screen every time a new program is opened. I don't know how to turn it off. Below is a picture of the problem....
  8. Can't unpin excel jump list file from the start menu

Can't unpin excel jump list file from the start menu: There's nothing there that links those shortcuts to the jumplist for the app that opens them, that the job of the files in the AutomaticDestinations folder. So what is the purpose of the recent items folder? Where are those shortcut files, folders used?
  9. Unable to copy file from Excel jump list

Unable to copy file from Excel jump list: Hi, With Win7 I used to be able to copy a recent or pinned file from any MS Office jump list by right clicking and selecting Copy from the context menu For Win 10 the menu is still there but when you r/c the file it doesn't appear to be in focus and consequently nothing is...
  10. Jump Lists Not working for Word 2016 or Excel 2016

Jump Lists Not working for Word 2016 or Excel 2016: so jump lists via my taskbar and windows 10, I'm not having much joy :-( I've just got a new desktop (Jan 2016) with windows 10 pre-loaded and I installed office 2010 - jump lists didn't work - so I thought I'll uninstall and install office 2016 64bit - jump lists still...