Windows 10: A Couple of Questions about Windows Store Apps

Discus and support A Couple of Questions about Windows Store Apps in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; 1) Is it possible to move an existing app which is installed from an internal HDD to an External HDD? 2) Is it possible to download apps to an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/N4WW4F, Nov 24, 2019.

1. /u/N4WW4F Win User

A Couple of Questions about Windows Store Apps

1) Is it possible to move an existing app which is installed from an internal HDD to an External HDD?

2) Is it possible to download apps to an external HDD but use those apps on another Windows 10 PC?

Thanks in advance.

submitted by /u/N4WW4F
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/N4WW4F, Nov 24, 2019
  2. P4-630 Win User

Microsoft is purging a lot of low quality apps from the Windows Store

"Microsoft is sending emails to some Windows Store developers informing them that their apps have been removed from the Store for violating its quality standards."

"Neowin reports that app developers have been receiving these emails over the past couple of days:

In its latest review of the Store, Microsoft is evaluating if the published apps are good enough to be listed in the Windows Store. This includes publicly available apps as well as private beta apps. Additionally, Microsoft is also asking developers to delete any promotional campaigns for their apps to prevent advertising charges. Similarly, app name reservations are also being nullified; which means that if your app is unpublished, there's no guarantee that you'll be able to republish it under the same name.

Officially, the policies for the Microsoft Store says that apps must have "distinct and informative metadata" and "provide a valuable and quality user experience". There are also some specific standards that must be in the apps, including having a name that is not similar to another app or device, along with offering a description that is accurate about its features and functions.

There have certainly been many Windows Store users who have complained over the years about the large number of apps published that are clones of other apps or ones that are simply poorly made. Hopefully, this new move by Microsoft will help to curb these issues, at least for now.
    "

Microsoft to remove low quality apps from Windows Store

P4-630, Nov 24, 2019
  3. Dos101 Win User
    Windows Phone users Clubhouse

I think I'll put a list of people's favourite apps in the OP, starting with my own until I get some suggestions, but you can take a look at the Windows Phone app store at the top apps to see what's popular Windows Phone-Apps – Microsoft Store

You are both now added, welcome! *Toast :toast:

Dos101, Nov 24, 2019
  4. A Couple of Questions about Windows Store Apps

Windows Store to Pack "Mature" Games and Apps

They announce this right after they said weren't going to carry any of it... Ya think some investors told them to stfu and take money? *Laugh :laugh:

I wonder how long it will be before you can't install noncertified apps? The app store is the 1st stepping stone. Although, you'd have to be an idiot to give 30% to these clowns.

TheGuruStud, Nov 24, 2019
Thema:

A Couple of Questions about Windows Store Apps

1. A Couple of Questions about Windows Store Apps - Similar Threads - Couple Questions Store

2. A question about Microsoft store app icons.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A question about Microsoft store app icons.: Hello everyone!Does anyone have any idea how to change the icon of any app from the Microsoft store e.g. Whatsapp? Even making a shortcut on the desktop, changing its icon, and pinning it to the start menu doesn't work - the icon still remains the default.Can someone tell me...
  3. A question about Microsoft store app icons.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    A question about Microsoft store app icons.: Hello everyone!Does anyone have any idea how to change the icon of any app from the Microsoft store e.g. Whatsapp? Even making a shortcut on the desktop, changing its icon, and pinning it to the start menu doesn't work - the icon still remains the default.Can someone tell me...
  4. Questions about microsoft store app and xbox app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Questions about microsoft store app and xbox app: I have two questions.1- If I reset Xbox app, does it cause all my games delete?2- If I reset Microsoft Store app, does it cause all my apps and games delete?...
  5. Questions about microsoft store app and xbox app

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Questions about microsoft store app and xbox app: I have two questions.1- If I reset Xbox app, does it cause all my games delete?2- If I reset Microsoft Store app, does it cause all my apps and games delete?...
  6. Questions about microsoft store app and xbox app

7. A couple of questions about Edge Chromium

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    A couple of questions about Edge Chromium: Does anyone know if it is possible to keep a site muted after the browser gets restarted? When I use Win+Tab I can see pages I've had open/history in Edge on my iPhone, but I don't see any pages I've had open on my actual computer. Does anyone know how to get them to show?...
  8. A couple of questions about a clean install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    A couple of questions about a clean install: Hi, I'd like to ask two questions regarding what happened in my case when installing Windows 10 recently. When I clean installed using my USB installation media for version 1903 18362.356 a strange thing happened during the Windows Setup stage. After entering my Microsoft...
  9. Question about Apps from store.

Question about Apps from store.: If I download and install free App thats not normally with Win 10 Pro 1703 from store to test if I like it, will it install like any other program, and can I easily uninstall it like before with other programs, or will it be difficult to remove cleanly-? 94155
  10. A Couple Questions About Partitions

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    A Couple Questions About Partitions: Hello forum, I'm a bit of a newbie as far as computers go. I've had this rig currently for about a year and am always messing with it to learn more about computers as I consider it a hobby and learning experience. Today I decided to take a look at the current disk situation...