Windows 10: A couple of the bizarre entries that are showing up in the Windows log

Discus and support A couple of the bizarre entries that are showing up in the Windows log in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I didn't see a forum specific to odd log entries, so if this should go elsewhere let me know... New Dell 7740 laptop. Windows 10 Pro. A few software... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by GracieAllen, Dec 30, 2019.

1. A couple of the bizarre entries that are showing up in the Windows log

I didn't see a forum specific to odd log entries, so if this should go elsewhere let me know... New Dell 7740 laptop. Windows 10 Pro. A few software applications installed – Office 2019, Adobe Lightroom and Photoshop, standard stuff.

I removed most of the MS apps like Xbox and such. It’s using Microsoft Defender, so there’s nothing bizarre in the anti virus.
    I’m getting a number of entries in the Windows logs I’ve never seen before.
    A half dozen random times/day I get

Warning Event 27, e1dexpress
    The description for Event ID 27 from source e1dexpress cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event. The following information was included with the event:

Intel(R) Ethernet Connection (7) I219-LM The message resource is present but the message was not found in the message table

- <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
    - <System> <ProviderName="e1dexpress" /> <EventIDQualifiers="40964">27</EventID> <Level>3</Level> <Task>0</Task> <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords> <TimeCreatedSystemTime="2019-12-29T14:59:31.286859700Z" />
    <
    EventRecordID>11572</EventRecordID> <Channel>System</Channel>
    <
    Computer>TINMAN</Computer>
    <
    Security/>
    </
    System>
    -
    <EventData> <Data />
    <
    Data>Intel(R) Ethernet Connection (7) I219-LM</Data> <Binary>0000040002003000000000001B0004A00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001B0004A0</Binary> </EventData>
    </
    Event> I found a discussion that said the system boots faster than the Ethernet can connect, but I’m not using the wired Ethernet… Ideas how to fix the warning?

I’m also getting 2 errors I can’t find much information on. Both are Service Control Manager.
    Error event 7023, Service Control Manager

The cphs service terminated with the following error:
    Unspecified error
    Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
    - <System>
    <ProviderName="Service
    Control Manager" Guid="{555908d1-a6d7-4695-8e1e-26931d2012f4}" EventSourceName="Service Control Manager" />
    <EventIDQualifiers="49152">7023</EventID>
    <Version>0</Version>
    <Level>2</Level>
    <Task>0</Task>
    <Opcode>0</Opcode>
    <Keywords>0x8080000000000000</Keywords>
    <TimeCreatedSystemTime="2019-12-29T14:59:33.755772200Z" />
    <EventRecordID>11591</EventRecordID>
    <Correlation/>
    <ExecutionProcessID="1000" ThreadID="1380"/>
    <Channel>System</Channel>
    <Computer>TINMAN</Computer>
    <Security/>
    </System>
    - <EventData>
    <Data Name="param1">cphs</Data>
    <Data Name="param2">%%2147500037</Data>
    <Binary>63007000680073000000</Binary>
    </EventData>
    </Event>

Error event 7023, Service Control Manager

The Intel(R) Content Protection HECI Service service terminated with the following error:
    Unspecified error

- <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
    - <System>
    <ProviderName="ServiceControl Manager" Guid="{555908d1-a6d7-4695-8e1e-26931d2012f4}" EventSourceName="Service Control Manager" />
    <EventIDQualifiers="49152">7023</EventID>
    <Version>0</Version>
    <Level>2</Level>
    <Task>0</Task>
    <Opcode>0</Opcode>
    <Keywords>0x8080000000000000</Keywords>
    <TimeCreatedSystemTime="2019-12-29T22:43:11.660917500Z" />
    <EventRecordID>11639</EventRecordID>
    <Correlation/>
    <ExecutionProcessID="1000" ThreadID="8780"/>
    <Channel>System</Channel>
    <Computer>TINMAN</Computer>
    <Security/>
    </System>
    - <EventData>
    <Data Name="param1">Intel(R)Content Protection HECI Service</Data>
    <Data Name="param2">%%2147500037</Data>
    <Binary>63007000680073000000</Binary>
    </EventData>
    </Event>

I found an Intel Content Protection HECI service, but of course, the description doesn’t tell me much (for playing blu-Ray?)… Is this a service I can just disable without any problem?

Any ideas what these are connected to, and how to get rid of the errors?

:)

GracieAllen, Dec 30, 2019

2. A couple of the bizarre entries that are showing up in the Windows log

Thanks for the response... I tried the link:
    From the command sc query “Content Protection HECI Service” I got
    [SC] EnumQueryServicesStatus:OpenService FAILED 1060: So I ran the net helpmsg 1060 query and got:

The specified service does not exist as an installed service.
    I confirmed that by looking at the Microsoft system error codes and got ERROR_SERVICE_DOES_NOT_EXIST
    1060 (0x424) The specified service does not exist as an installed service.
    Does this mean the system thinks the Content Protection HECI Service isn’t there? ‘Cause there IS a service “Intel® Content Protection HECI Service”…

Is this some bizarre problem with a driver or service or something from Intel? Here’s where I lose the train…
    Opened the event viewer and looked at the Event 7023

The link says: "In the details pane, click on the Source column to view the events sorted by the entity that logged that event. For events logged by the SCM, the source is the Service Control Manager Eventlog Provider."
    In the detail in the original post, it LOOKS like the source is the Service Control Manager, so I presume I want the Service Control Manager Eventlog Provider…
    But, it shows and example for Event 7011 and one for 7034, but both my events are 7023 and I don’t know where to go from here…

When I look at the Service Stop Operations, at 7023 it just says the service is stopped and the error will be the second parameter. Except on my system it says "unspecified error".
    Does this whole thing mean there SHOULD be a "Content Protection HECI Service" in addition to, or instead of, "Intel(R) Content Protection HECI Service"?

Where do I go from here?

- - - Updated - - -

Anybody have any ideas about the "Warning Event 27, e1dexpress " in the first event?

This is turning out to be really interesting... I have THREE Windows 10 machines:

1. Alienware 17R3 laptop. It's been in use about 4 years, runs Windows 10 Home and NEVER threw any of the kind of errors I"m seeing now. It got completely wiped, formatted, and Windows 10 Home re-installed for my wife to use.
    2. ASUS X99 Deluxe desktop that's been running at LEAST 4 years, and since I was having to put Windows on everybody I figured it was a good time to reinstall this battered, beaten, overworked, clogged up system. I formatted the system partition and installed Windows 10 Pro.
    3. Brand new (week old) Dell 7740 laptop. Came with Windows 10 Pro so other than getting rid of the goofy MS apps for stuff like sticky notes and Xbox, it's still clean. Has Office 2019, Lightroom and Photoshop - exactly the same stuff the desktop and Alienware get used for.

Everybody has a couple browsers, the laptops use wifi, the desktop is hard wired.

They're ALL throwing HUGE numbers of information, warning, and error events into the Application and System logs, and they're all throwing DIFFERENT ONES.......

And I'm having an incredibly difficult time finding much about ANY of the warnings and errors.

GracieAllen, Jan 6, 2020
  3. A couple of the bizarre entries that are showing up in the Windows log

Have you tried running sfc /scannow at least twice,followed by dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth ?
    Also check Reliability History to see if there are any relevant entries.
    When the word "corruption" appears,it often indicates a problem file.

joeandmarg0, Jan 6, 2020
  4. A couple of the bizarre entries that are showing up in the Windows log

A couple of the bizarre entries that are showing up in the Windows log

I ran sfc /scannow twice. Both times came back with
    Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.

ran dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool Version: 10.0.18362.1 Image Version: 10.0.18363.535 [==========================100.0%==========================] The restore operation completed successfully.

The operation completed successfully.

Unfortunately, though I know a lot of warnings can be ignored, and we're stuck with several errors that have been around since some earlier Win 10 update, that everybody says we can ignore, I also keep TRYING to clean up the logs 'cause I hate checking and seeing hundreds of warnings and dozens of errors.

I just installed the new Ethernet drivers, so I'll see if that does anything.

And since your information on the HECI service matches what I'd found, I'm just going to turn it off. I never had, and likely never will, do Blu-Ray video on this laptop!

I"ll clear the event logs and see where I am tomorrow.

GracieAllen, Jan 6, 2020
Thema:

A couple of the bizarre entries that are showing up in the Windows log

1. A couple of the bizarre entries that are showing up in the Windows log - Similar Threads - couple bizarre entries

2. A couple of Excel files will not show up in jump list

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A couple of Excel files will not show up in jump list: New laptop only 2 weeks old with Windows 11 running... I have a handful of Excel files that I use regularly and have had them pinned in my taskbar Jump List for years previous laptop was running windows 10 and now on the new laptop, a couple of those Excel files that will not...
  3. A couple of Excel files will not show up in jump list

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    A couple of Excel files will not show up in jump list: New laptop only 2 weeks old with Windows 11 running... I have a handful of Excel files that I use regularly and have had them pinned in my taskbar Jump List for years previous laptop was running windows 10 and now on the new laptop, a couple of those Excel files that will not...
  4. Windows Domain showing only up to 100 entries

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Domain showing only up to 100 entries: Hi! Good day. I have noticed that one of my server that is accessing windows domain can only see 100 entries of groups. This is use to import users from our system. After googling it, I found the thread below that is saying:"Addresses an issue with applications and scripts...
  5. Windows Domain showing only up to 100 entries

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Domain showing only up to 100 entries: Hi! Good day. I have noticed that one of my server that is accessing windows domain can only see 100 entries of groups. This is use to import users from our system. After googling it, I found the thread below that is saying:"Addresses an issue with applications and scripts...
  6. I had this entry show up in the Event Viewer>Windows Logs>System that showed Event 47,...

in Windows 10 Customization
    I had this entry show up in the Event Viewer>Windows Logs>System that showed Event 47,...: This was a long list of entries. This was when I started my computer up this morning after it froze a little earlier. I replaced one of the graphics cards that had been having issues. This was a used graphics card and I need to find out if this event entry has to do with...
  7. Windows restarts, stays on for a couple of minutes and this screen shows up and restarts...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows restarts, stays on for a couple of minutes and this screen shows up and restarts...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/cartman-is-not-fat [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kykk9o/windows_restarts_stays_on_for_a_couple_of_minutes/
  8. Windows is bizarre

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows is bizarre: OK, so here's what's going on: I attemped installing Debian in the Linux side of my laptop and it completely messed Windows up. I managed to get the bootloader working again but now Windows boots to a blank screen. Thinking it was a driver issue or a corrupt hiberfile, I...
  9. Multiple entries in Application Log

in Windows 10 Support
    Multiple entries in Application Log: I have literally hundreds of these, repeating every five minutes; "The description for Event ID 1903 from source HHCTRL cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or...
  10. Strange Log Entry

in Windows 10 Support
    Strange Log Entry: Has anyone ever seen an entry to admin log file like this: The platform firmware has corrupted memory across the previous system power transition. Date and time: 1/11/2183 - 10:46:25 pm. How would someone even go about fixing this from reappearing since this is the third...