Windows 10: A couple of threee questions

Discus and support A couple of threee questions in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; The partition can be created any where, not necessarily at the end but easier just to shrink the partition at the end. Depend on if your Windows is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by cereberus, Apr 5, 2018.

1. cereberus Win User

A couple of threee questions

Re last point. Of course the 32 bit version will run on a 64bit pc but not other way round.

cereberus, Apr 5, 2018
  2. doncole Win User

Thank you Everybody, Who has helped me with this project. *Smile*Smile*Smile

I have a couple of three questions.

I'm looking at "Windows 10 Recovery Tools - Bootable Rescue Disk" --By Kyhi.

"1) Create a FAT32 > 2GB - 32GB < Partition at the end of your drive". I assume he means the C:\
    drive.

Is this correct ???

I now see Win14393PE_x86 ISO and Win14393PE_x64 ISO v170116,

Are you saying I should create one of these USBs and test it before messing with the Macreum USB ???

I believe you are.

I read somewhere that the 32bit will work just as well on a 64bit computer.

I have a 64bit computer.

Which one should I use ???

Don Cole

:)

doncole, Apr 20, 2018
  3. A couple of E63 questions.

The background in the contacts is set by the theme. unfortunately you might have to change the theme to change the background.

you can get the games and a whole lot of themes from
    www.mosh.nokia.com

kingpin007, Apr 20, 2018
  4. A couple of threee questions

A Couple of Questions

Updates to programs is something we are unaware of. You would have to contact the developer to find out if and when updates will be coming.

Sadly, at this point in time, you have no option to create your own tones for messages.

You might consider adding a suggestion in the suggestion box.

Feature suggestions can be made at
    windowsphone.uservoice.com

You could also use the Suggestion Box app to post suggestions & feature requests for wp8 from your windows phone.

Jack Cook - aka Help_Line, Apr 20, 2018
  5. topgundcp Win User
    • The partition can be created any where, not necessarily at the end but easier just to shrink the partition at the end.
    • Depend on if your Windows is installed using GPT or MBR disk type. If MBR, you must set this partition to Active then you would not be able to boot Windows (Only one partition can be Active on the same disk).
      You can do this if your Windows is installed with GPT disk type. However, if your C drive becomes damaged then you're stuck. GPT does not look for Active partition to boot from.
    So create the partition on another Internal/external Disk or on a USB.

KYHI's WinPESE is just a customized WinPE which he added a bunch of utilities including Macrium Rescue disk and convenient to have.
    I built my own WinPESE similar to his with different set of utilities for my need.

Your Windows is 64 bit so you'd need Win14393PE_x64 ISO v170116.

Not true, 32bit can only run 32 bit software, limit to usable 4GB RAM.

topgundcp, Apr 20, 2018
Thema:

A couple of threee questions

1. A couple of threee questions - Similar Threads - couple threee questions

2. a couple file management questions

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    a couple file management questions: Hi all, I have two questions about file management. 1. I notice when I examine my documents folder in file explorer that a blank status column appears. Is there a way to get rid of this? This is my local folder, not One Drive. 2. I notice that when modifying files stored in...
  3. couple of questions

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    couple of questions: hi again microsoft i have a couple of SVChosts.exe running in my taskmanager now my first question is this, is svchost.exe a virus, malware or a worm? what is dashost.exe should i remove or disable svchost.exe would it be dangerous to do so?what is MaskVPN could you please...
  4. A couple of questions

in Windows 10 Support
    A couple of questions: Q #1. Can cookies be manually added to Google Chrome Browser? I recently purchased a new computer. I backed up my cookies and passwords and added them into the new machine. What I didn't realize that I had to "Turn on Cookies" so websites could recognize my usernames and...
  5. Windows Security - Couple Of Questions

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Security - Couple Of Questions: Hello to all. I've just emigrated from the 7 forum. Didn't really want to change, but circumstances dictated. Anyway, I'm sure I'll be fine with 10 when I get my head around it. Got the classic shell so breaking myself in gently. Anyway, my friend replaced my HD with a new...
  6. Couple questions

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Couple questions: Recently built my PC.... dream build. So happy. Got a few questions though. Ryzen 5 3600 (overclocked to 4300Mhz) B450 tomahawk max Gigabyte 8Gb 2070 super 16gb Corsair ddr4-3600 128? Gb ssd 1) when I boot it, I turn on my two monitors. Most of the time they go to sleep...
  7. A couple Macrium Reflect questions

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    A couple Macrium Reflect questions: Stuff like this should be obvious but I'm at a loss. I made a full system backup, and plan on doing daily incremental backups to a dedicated external drive. To open Macrium, I had to Ok UAC. Once the backup was made, I exited the program. Will Macrium do the incremental...
  8. A couple of Diskpart questions?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    A couple of Diskpart questions?: Hi all, I have a bootable Windows 10 USB flash drive that Ive created. I have a couple of questions that Im curious about. 1. If I select the USB flash drive in Diskpart and then type in Detail Disk. There is an option listed there..."Boot Disk" and in my case it says "No"....
  9. Couple questions

in Windows 10 Support
    Couple questions: First of all does anyone know a simple way to deny permissions to an unknown user in the registry? S-1-15-3-1024-1065365936-1281604716-3511738428-1654721687-432734479-3232135806-4053264122-3456934681 this unknown user has read permissions all through out the registry - I...
  10. Couple Enterprise questions

in Windows 10 Support
    Couple Enterprise questions: 2 PCs...1 W10 Pro, the other W10 Enterprise. W10 Pro is on an inferior old laptop and is functioning as intended. W10 Enterprise is on a bigger better desktop and there are two issues at the moment: 1) it is slower than Pro on the older laptop. 2) Edge is installed and...