Windows 10: a curious M2 NVme question

Discus and support a curious M2 NVme question in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Computer hp Pavillion 590-p0053w Desktop I replaced the optane drive with a M2 NVme drive no problems other then taking it out of raid mode in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by thomaseg1, Apr 26, 2020.

1. thomaseg1 Win User

a curious M2 NVme question

Computer hp Pavillion 590-p0053w Desktop

I replaced the optane drive with a M2 NVme drive no problems other then taking it out of raid
    mode in the bios. It now is my system drive.
    According to the motherboard diagrams the wifi slot is also M2.

I'm wondering if I could put a Nvme drive in there and whether it would work/
    The computer is hardwired to the router/modem so wifi is unnecessary .

Has anyone tried this ?

:)

thomaseg1, Apr 26, 2020

2. Windows 10 1809 clean install to m2 NVMe SSD issues

Hi,

I am Ganesh Gandhi, an Independent Advisor, 18 years experienced windows guide. I am here to work with you on this problem.

Make sure if you have changed Motherboard Settings to Disable Intel RST RAID Storage.

Kindly refer these steps.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...

Do let me know if you require any further help on this. I will keep working with you until it's resolved.

Note:

Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

GaneshGandhi1982, Apr 26, 2020
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Installing Windows 10 on an M2 SSD drive - will it work? Any tips?

Hi Neil

No need to worry, installing Windows 10 onto an M2 or NVMe M2 drive is no different to installing Windows 10 onto an ordinary drive, the same process applies . . .

DaveM121, Apr 26, 2020
  4. Vog110 Win User

Windows 10 1809 clean install to m2 NVMe SSD issues

Thank you to all that replied.

All of the links provided supplied very helpful and useful information, and, although I learned very much from them, they did not help in the slightest.

I believe I had a corrupted SSD card.

What did work flawlessly was this;

New M.2 SSD NVMe card (same exactly)

Download EaseUS Partition Manager FREE (yes, not a trial version) vers. 13 IMPORTANT

CLONE drive (not partition) to SSD

I had previously tried a clone with an earlier version of Part Mngr and although that worked to some degree, there were corruptions.

Also notable is that the m2 was installed on a add-in adapter card and the system was cloned on a mainboard that did not natively support M2

Vog110, Apr 26, 2020
Thema:

1. a curious M2 NVme question - Similar Threads - curious NVme question

2. Transfer Windows SATA M2 to NVME M2 - clone not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transfer Windows SATA M2 to NVME M2 - clone not working: Hi All, I am attempting to breath some life into a 4 year old HP Laptop running windows 10. Memory upgrade to 16GB was straightforward, and I planned to move from th 256GB SATA M2 SSD to a 256GB WD SN750 NVME SSD - which in theory should be a bit of a boost too...I use...
  3. Transfer Windows SATA M2 to NVME M2 - clone not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Transfer Windows SATA M2 to NVME M2 - clone not working: Hi All, I am attempting to breath some life into a 4 year old HP Laptop running windows 10. Memory upgrade to 16GB was straightforward, and I planned to move from th 256GB SATA M2 SSD to a 256GB WD SN750 NVME SSD - which in theory should be a bit of a boost too...I use...
  4. New m2 nvme drive not initializing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    New m2 nvme drive not initializing: Just bought a Samsung 980 m2 nvme drive. As an extra drive. I installed it into my computer and when I started it up nothing showed. I opened disk management and it’s shows with no size only “disc 0” and “unknown” “not initialized” when I try to initialize it gives me error...
  5. New m2 nvme drive not initializing

New m2 nvme drive not initializing: Just bought a Samsung 980 m2 nvme drive. As an extra drive. I installed it into my computer and when I started it up nothing showed. I opened disk management and it’s shows with no size only “disc 0” and “unknown” “not initialized” when I try to initialize it gives me error...
  6. M2 NVME BSODWATCHDOG VIOLATION

in Windows 10 Gaming
    M2 NVME BSODWATCHDOG VIOLATION: Random BSOD when playing games, but i cant repeat this bsod when Stress with Aida or OCCT.CPU: 1240v3 changed => i7 11700kGPU: GTX1070MOB: ASUS ROF RANGER VII changed => ASUS TUF Gaming Z590-PlusBoot drive is a SSD Samsung 870 256 GB SATA no problem, second HDD 1 TB SEAGATE,...
  7. M2 NVME BSODWATCHDOG VIOLATION

M2 NVME BSODWATCHDOG VIOLATION: Random BSOD when playing games, but i cant repeat this bsod when Stress with Aida or OCCT.CPU: 1240v3 changed => i7 11700kGPU: GTX1070MOB: ASUS ROF RANGER VII changed => ASUS TUF Gaming Z590-PlusBoot drive is a SSD Samsung 870 256 GB SATA no problem, second HDD 1 TB SEAGATE,...
  8. M2 NVME BSODWATCHDOG VIOLATION

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. M2 NVME SSD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    M2 NVME SSD: How much exactly does Windows 10 benefit from being installed on an M2 NVME SSD compared to a SATA-600 SSD ? Other than a faster boot time, how exactly does windows benefit from the direct connection to the cpu that an NVME SSD offers?...
  10. How to clone NVMe M2 to Nvme M2 (with single slot in computer) ?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to clone NVMe M2 to Nvme M2 (with single slot in computer) ?: Good Evening Guys, Hope you all good, My computer (ASUS UX563FD) having a single slot Nvme m2 ssd, i would like to clone this to the newly bought larger Nvme m.2 ssd. I don't have Nvme M2 to usb adapter- I am sure still there is option to do that without adapter,Did some...