Windows 10: "A current driver on your PC may be better than the driver we're trying to install. We'll...

Discus and support "A current driver on your PC may be better than the driver we're trying to install. We'll... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi, I've been trying to update my driver but it won't allow me to due to the message above. Is there generally a certain issue that correlates with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/APeacefulExistence, Dec 2, 2020.

1. "A current driver on your PC may be better than the driver we're trying to install. We'll...

Hi, I've been trying to update my driver but it won't allow me to due to the message above. Is there generally a certain issue that correlates with this message, or could it be numerous problems? I've disabled the previous driver under optional updates and that did nothing. What do you suspect it could be?

I'm running Windows 10 on an ASUS laptop. I just updated Windows 10 to the most recent update from October.

submitted by /u/APeacefulExistence
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/APeacefulExistence, Dec 2, 2020

2. Windows 10 update error - A current driver on your PC may be better than the driver we're trying to install. We'll keep trying to install.

Hello, I am currently running build 1709 on a desktop and I am trying to upgrade to 1909 to be able to download the xbox app. However, I have been coming into this error for months.

A current driver on your PC may be better than the driver we're trying to install. We'll keep trying to install.

I've ran the troubleshooter and just about every other tip on the internet.

I did find a list of drivers in the "setupapi.dev" in the windows inf folder, I just don't know how to read it.

Thanks, Matt

MattRe575757, Dec 2, 2020
  3. Bertilak Win User
    What do I do about the message "A current driver on your PC may be better than the driver we're trying to install. We'll keep trying to install."

What do I do about the message "A current driver on your PC may be better than the driver we're trying to install. We'll keep trying to install."

Why would Microsoft "keep trying to install" an inferior driver? There is no reasonable action on my part suggested. The only option is "retry" and I don't know why why I want to retry doing something that seems silly to do (install an inferior driver over
    the existing "better" driver). It doesn't even tell me what driver is involved so I have NO WAY to deal with this.

I was NOT trying to install anything. That message just showed up on its own when I looked at update status.

P.S. I could find NO WAY to contact technical support other than the "virtual agent" who seemed more interested in explaining how to run windows and in telling me how great windows is!

Bertilak, Dec 2, 2020
  4. Ozpeg Win User

"A current driver on your PC may be better than the driver we're trying to install. We'll...

Windows 10 Update 1903 - A current driver on your PC may be better than the driver we're trying to install. We'll keep trying to install.

I am trying to update my laptop to Windows 10 1903 but keep seeing the error "A current driver on your PC may be better than the driver we're trying to install. We'll keep trying to install."

How do I find out which driver is affecting the Windows10 update, so I can uninstall it

Ozpeg, Dec 2, 2020
Thema:

"A current driver on your PC may be better than the driver we're trying to install. We'll...

1. "A current driver on your PC may be better than the driver we're trying to install. We'll... - Similar Threads - current driver may

2. A current driver on your PC may be better than the driver we're trying to install. We'll...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    A current driver on your PC may be better than the driver we're trying to install. We'll...: I've had this message say this for a while tried a bunch of different things to try to get around it nothing has worked any help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/a-current-driver-on-your-pc-may-be-better-than-the/558047bf-d4f1-425b-a68d-427204b7ce65
  3. A current driver on your PC may be better than the driver we're trying to install. We'll...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A current driver on your PC may be better than the driver we're trying to install. We'll...: I've had this message say this for a while tried a bunch of different things to try to get around it nothing has worked any help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/a-current-driver-on-your-pc-may-be-better-than-the/558047bf-d4f1-425b-a68d-427204b7ce65
  4. A current driver on your PC may be better than the driver we're trying to install. We'll...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. A current driver on your PC may be better than the driver we're trying to install. We'll...

A current driver on your PC may be better than the driver we're trying to install. We'll...: Hello,I am currently trying to update my computer from 2019-04 Cumulative Update 1709. I have tried the software distribution trick but I've had no luck. If anyone can help that would be amazing...
  6. A current driver on your PC may be better than the driver we're trying to install. We'll...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A current driver on your PC may be better than the driver we're trying to install. We'll...: Hello,I am currently trying to update my computer from 2019-04 Cumulative Update 1709. I have tried the software distribution trick but I've had no luck. If anyone can help that would be amazing...
  7. A current driver on your PC may be better than the driver we're trying to install. We'll...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. A current driver on your PC may be better than the driver we're trying to install. We'll...

A current driver on your PC may be better than the driver we're trying to install. We'll...: A current driver on your PC may be better than the driver we're trying to install. We'll keep trying to install. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/a-current-driver-on-your-pc-may-be-better-than-the/99d6ba0d-5a43-4a4e-8fcb-b20d2acab413
  9. A current driver on your PC may be better than the driver we're trying to install. We'll...

A current driver on your PC may be better than the driver we're trying to install. We'll...: I keep getting this error when Windows attempts to update. How can I fix this? Thanks! Al https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/a-current-driver-on-your-pc-may-be-better-than-the/159385a5-a18a-40ab-8528-e143b3c13e2a
  10. A current driver on your PC may be better than the driver we're trying to install. We'll...

A current driver on your PC may be better than the driver we're trying to install. We'll...: Hey guys. I have a problem, when i want to update my windows i get this error. [ATTACH] Everything goes well but when it wants to install i get this error. It would be great if someone could help me. Thanks for reading....