Windows 10: A decent bluetooth usb dongle that's completely compatible with Win 10?

Discus and support A decent bluetooth usb dongle that's completely compatible with Win 10? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I bought one of those tp-link dongles on Amazon that said it was plug and play. It's not, and even with the drivers, it doesn't show up in the new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/paxinfernum, Mar 31, 2020.

1. A decent bluetooth usb dongle that's completely compatible with Win 10?

I bought one of those tp-link dongles on Amazon that said it was plug and play. It's not, and even with the drivers, it doesn't show up in the new Windows 10 settings menu. You have to go through the old Bluetooth menu to attach anything.

Any suggestions for a decent Bluetooth dongle that's actually plug and play?

submitted by /u/paxinfernum
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/paxinfernum, Mar 31, 2020

2. Bluetooth USB Dongle

Ok so here's a question. I had a revelation today that: "Duh, my keyboard/mouse is bluetooth, shouldn't that be the same thing?" My goal here is to get my new Motorola HT820 bluetooth headphones to work with on my computer.

Keyboard/Mouse is Logitech MX5500 Revolution, bluetooth wireless, came with a USB dongle that they connect through. I tried today to get the headset to work, and it won't receive sound. I can get it "connected," but with complications. I'm using Windows XP, have Setpoint 4.7, and I've tried the following:

-Changed the radio settings to a bluetooth hub instead of locked to the keyboard/mouse.

-Clicked "Connect Other Devices."

- Paired headphones with windows. Windows connects correctly, the device reads connections, windows shows it as "already connected" when I try to connect it again. I click on Control Panel -> Bluetooth Devices, and I see the "Motorola HT820" listed as "Passkey enabled," but it doesn't say "Connected" like the keyboard and mouse do. Also, audio does play on the headphones.

-Click on Properties on HT820, and then on services, it does not show any services at all.

- Searched around google, logitech, motorola websites & forums to answers or help, nothing. Closet I got was logitech's "Bluetooth FAQ" which has the following paragraph (http://www.logitech.com/lang/pdf/bluetooth/bluetooth-faq.pdf):

"3.6 How do I listen to music wirelessly with a Bluetooth headphone?
    All you need is a Bluetooth headphone and a media player such as iTunes or Windows Media Player 10. For optimal results, it is recommended you use a headphone with Bluetooth 2.0 Enhanced Data Rate, to benefit from the maximum bandwidth (up to 3Mb/s).
    Please refer to our online "How To" documents for step-by-step instructions related to your specific device (www.logitech.com/bluetooth/howto)." [That link transfers you back to the same pdf document - it's a circle]

-I tried to install latest Widcomm stack from broadcomm's website, but it says it's not compatible with this dongle.

-Called Logitech Tech Support - got a total jerk girl who straight up said "No i can't help you." And then wouldn't give me the time of day after that.

I've read on threads on Logitech forum that people are using this headset with logitech dongles. Any help getting this connected? I just don't want to have 2 bluetooth dongles connected when I rly only should need this one. Otherwise I guess I'll just purchase one of the ones above, and use that to connect my keyboard, mouse, and headphones all in one swoop.

Sidenote: anyone have experience/knowledge with behavior when 2 bluetooth USB dongles are connected to the same computer?

surfsk8snow.jah, Mar 31, 2020
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Bluetooth USB Dongle

Dual-device pairing is something that only a handful of BT transceivers have done well, so dont expect much.

Sasqui, Mar 31, 2020
  4. A decent bluetooth usb dongle that's completely compatible with Win 10?

Bluetooth USB Dongle

Any recommendations for a good USB Bluetooth dongle? So far I have found:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000OQV3P6/?tag=tec06d-20 - cheap, and mixed reviews for compatibility

2.4GHz Bluetooth v2.0 USB Dongle Adapter EDR for Windows Vista/XP/2000:Amazon - super cheap, generally good reviews, but I always question something this powerful thats this cheap

Jabra A320s Bluetooth Adapter (Discontinued by Manufacturer):Amazon - a lil more expensive, but supposedly worth it

I don't know tho. Any recommendations?

surfsk8snow.jah, Mar 31, 2020
Thema:

A decent bluetooth usb dongle that's completely compatible with Win 10?

1. A decent bluetooth usb dongle that's completely compatible with Win 10? - Similar Threads - decent bluetooth usb

2. WIFI USB Dongle Windows 11 ARM64 compatible

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WIFI USB Dongle Windows 11 ARM64 compatible: Good Morning,i need to use a USB WIFI Dongle on Windows 11 arm, does anyone know a working adapter? many thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-usb-dongle-windows-11-arm64-compatible/51701a16-ddda-4f4d-b3ed-13a23bb9562d
  3. Bluetooth Dongle USB reconized as USB Mass Storage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth Dongle USB reconized as USB Mass Storage: Bluetooth Dongle reconized as USB Drive mass storage ________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________hello everyone. my USB...
  4. Can't Remove USB Bluetooth Dongle Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't Remove USB Bluetooth Dongle Windows 10: Dongle shows up in Devices and Printers that doesn't exist. I suspect it was a dongle that used a USB Bluetooth adapter, as hardware IDs are USB but it uses the Generic Bluetooth driver. The Generic Bluetooth device then fails to load with Code 31 - no updated driver is...
  5. Can't Remove USB Bluetooth Dongle Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't Remove USB Bluetooth Dongle Windows 10: Dongle shows up in Devices and Printers that doesn't exist. I suspect it was a dongle that used a USB Bluetooth adapter, as hardware IDs are USB but it uses the Generic Bluetooth driver. The Generic Bluetooth device then fails to load with Code 31 - no updated driver is...
  6. Can't Remove USB Bluetooth Dongle Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Issues with Bluetooth USB Dongle

Issues with Bluetooth USB Dongle: I recently purchased an inexpensive Bluetooth dongle to be able to use my wireless headset. There is however a little issue with my new Bluetooth option where my headset does not connect automatically, I must go into my Bluetooth settings to reconnect the paired device every...
  8. Can someone recommend a USB Bluetooth dongle that has good compatibility with Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can someone recommend a USB Bluetooth dongle that has good compatibility with Windows 10?: Seriously. This is the third time I've posted and deleted because people keep trying to diagnose my computer as having problems. My computer is fine. I just want a recommendation for a decent Bluetooth adapter that's USB and fully compatible with Windows 10, not legacy....
  9. Can someone recommend a USB Bluetooth dongle that has good compatibility with Windows 10?...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can someone recommend a USB Bluetooth dongle that has good compatibility with Windows 10?...: Preferably something in the < $30 range. submitted by /u/paxinfernum [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fu97t0/can_someone_recommend_a_usb_bluetooth_dongle_that/
  10. Help choosing a bluetooth dongle for win 10?

Help choosing a bluetooth dongle for win 10?: Hi, Could anyone recommend a decent bt 4.0 usb dongle that works perfectly with win 10? I bought one of these mini csr8510 ones cheap, and it's an absolute pile of junk. If I leave it plugged in It regularly stops other usb devices from starting upon boot, and even when it...