Windows 10: A decent GPU for an i5-2400 3.1ghz

Discus and support A decent GPU for an i5-2400 3.1ghz in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; I'm probably going to go ahead and upgrade the RAM to 8GB DDR3 SDRAM in this OptiPlex 390 at some point, but I'm not keen on touching the processor or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by digzu, Jun 20, 2019.

1. digzu Win User

A decent GPU for an i5-2400 3.1ghz

I'm probably going to go ahead and upgrade the RAM to 8GB DDR3 SDRAM in this OptiPlex 390 at some point, but I'm not keen on touching the processor or such which is from the Sandy/Ivy Bridge era.

I'm generally just interested in upping some performance in things, not a heavy at all gamer (or a modern gamer at all) by any means which is why I bought this OptiPlex 390 in the first place, alongside the fact that it was only £60 and seemed reasonable. Plus I can live on fairly low end hardware...

digzu, Jun 20, 2019
  2. lx07 Win User

3 Questions about the i5 Processor for Gaming

For gaming I don't think ECC is really a requirement. Or cores. Or XEON. At all.

Not being funny but you wouldn't drive this down the shops if you wanted a takeout because it was more hardcore than a Toyota Camry (or whatever it is). It would just be silly (although cool perhaps). I could go on about PCI lanes for GPU but that would spoil the picture...

A decent GPU for an i5-2400 3.1ghz [​IMG]
    [

It might be "enterprise strength" but not really ideal for the job at hand I'd suggest my friend A decent GPU for an i5-2400 3.1ghz :)

3. Needalink Win User
    Is it possible to run Windows 10 on Gen 2 Core i5-2400 processor?

I have a Lenovo M91p with Windows 7 I want to upgrade to Windows 10. It has a Core i5-2400 processor that Intel does not show as compatible. Similarly, Lenovo does not list the M91p as compatible with Windows 10.

I tried installing Windows 10 and it was not stable, so I returned to Windows 7.

Is it possible to run Windows 10 on this processor? If so, how?

If not, I guess my options are to replace the processor or buy a new PC, which is unfortunate, as the machine is otherwise capable of running 10 just fine.

Needalink, Jun 20, 2019
  4. Needalink Win User

Is it possible to run Windows 10 on Gen 2 Core i5-2400 processor?

Thanks for responding.

I started with a clean installation of Windows 10 and then ran Lenovo's update tool, which I assumed updated all drivers. The system ran unreliably, with intermittent blue screen issues, so I went back to Windows 7.

My question is specific to the CPU in my PC, which is an Intel Core i5-2400. The Intel site does not list it as compatible with Windows 10:

Does My Intel® Processor Support Microsoft Windows® 10?

Similarly, Lenovo does not list my PC (ThinkCentre M91p) as compatible with Windows 10.

I don't understand why, and am wondering what the issue may be and whether there is a solution to allow updating this PC to Windows 10.

Needalink, Jun 20, 2019
Thema:

1. A decent GPU for an i5-2400 3.1ghz - Similar Threads - decent GPU 2400

2. Does a recovery drive of intel gpu and i3 processor will it work for nvidia gpu and i5...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does a recovery drive of intel gpu and i3 processor will it work for nvidia gpu and i5...: Does a recovery drive of intel gpu and i3 processor will it work for nvidia gpu and i5 processor for resetting a pc , cause i had a recovery drive of my old pc and I want to reset my new pc does the recovery drive of the old pc work for resetting?...
  3. Does a recovery drive of intel gpu and i3 processor will it work for nvidia gpu and i5...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Does a recovery drive of intel gpu and i3 processor will it work for nvidia gpu and i5...: Does a recovery drive of intel gpu and i3 processor will it work for nvidia gpu and i5 processor for resetting a pc , cause i had a recovery drive of my old pc and I want to reset my new pc does the recovery drive of the old pc work for resetting?...
  4. Does a recovery drive of intel gpu and i3 processor will it work for nvidia gpu and i5...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. No device drivers were found when installing Windows through USB with Intel Core i5-2400

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    No device drivers were found when installing Windows through USB with Intel Core i5-2400: I am using Intel Core i5-2400. I was trying to upgrade to windows 10 from windows 8.1. I successfully upgraded to windows 10 by downloading the ISO file. Then, I tried to update it. During the update installation, my computer turns off and now I cannot boot my computer. Now...
  6. No device drivers were found when installing Windows through USB with Intel Core i5-2400

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No device drivers were found when installing Windows through USB with Intel Core i5-2400: I am using Intel Core i5-2400. I was trying to upgrade to windows 10 from windows 8.1. I successfully upgraded to windows 10 by downloading the ISO file. Then, I tried to update it. During the update installation, my computer turns off and now I cannot boot my computer. Now...
  7. No device drivers were found when installing Windows through USB with Intel Core i5-2400

8. a decent address book?

a decent address book?: Hi you all, I have a problem with my contacts and their management. All of my contacts are stored in a Gmail account. I tried People -> but I can't see the all the information of the contact through columns, but only by clicking on it. So I can't view people by...
  9. 3 Questions about the i5 Processor for Gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    3 Questions about the i5 Processor for Gaming: I got 3 questions about the i5 processor for a desktop I'll be building: 1) I was told an i5 6600K isn't needed for gaming since its for overclocking. And that instead I get an i5 6500. Is this true? 2) Does overclocking prolong the life of a computer so you don't have...
  10. DDR3 1600 to 2400 - Is it worth ?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DDR3 1600 to 2400 - Is it worth ?: Is it worth to change my current 32GB DDR3 1600 MHz (OC 1822 MHz @ 1,60v) for a new 32GB 2400 MHz kit for US$ 400,00 ? I still can sell the old kit or keep it to build a new rig in a near future. Do you think that the performance improvement in gaming will be significant ?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. best gpu i5 2400

2. best gpu for i5 2400

3. gpu for i5-2400\

4. best gpu with i5 2400,
  5. i5 2400 gpu,
  6. what gpu dhould i get for my i5-2400