Windows 10: A dell tech replaced my Notebook Camera and Windows hello Stopped working

Discus and support A dell tech replaced my Notebook Camera and Windows hello Stopped working in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; gpedit.msc is missing I am told it might help but I need help finding it, downloading and installing it. when I try to set up win Hello, I can't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by robinwenz, Jan 2, 2019.

1. robinwenz Win User

A dell tech replaced my Notebook Camera and Windows hello Stopped working

gpedit.msc is missing I am told it might help but I need help finding it, downloading and installing it.

when I try to set up win Hello, I can't because the frame that frames my face to snap the picture is pure black. My camera works in other apps but not win hello. I just did a win update and it made it worse. Before you could faintly see my face outline in the black shadows (I tried all kinds of lighting)

Advice?

:)

robinwenz, Jan 2, 2019
  2. JimSS_777 Win User

Windows Hello cannot turn on a camera on Dell 5368

I have a Dell Inspirion 24-7459 with an Intel RealSense 3D Camera and windows hello used to work, but recently (probably after latest updates) it stopped working. Always says cannot turn on camera. The camera works fine for Camera app.

worse still, under sign-in options on settings, it now says "Windows Hello isn't available on this device."

I would say that it is a supported device, listed on "https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/windows/view-all?type=WindowsHello" and up until recently it worked fine.

of course, it tries to turn on the camera to use windows hello every time I sign in, and takes time to say it cannot turn on the camera. I have to wait for it to fail before I can select another sign in method. What a pain.

I wonder how we can get Microsoft, Dell, and Intel to work together to resolve this?

JimSS_777, Jan 2, 2019
  3. My hello sign in stopped working.

Hi,

This problem that started after installing the last Windows update might be caused by outdated or corrupted device drivers. For us to better assist you, we'll be needing additional information:

• Are you pertaining on Windows Hello sign-in? If yes, does it mean that the facial recognition is not working?
    • Is there an error message displayed when using Windows Hello?

Meanwhile, it is better to check the status of Windows Hello sign-in option in your computer. To check the Windows Hello status, follow these steps:

• Click the Start button and select the Settings
      icon.
    • Choose Accounts from the list.
    • Select Sign-in options in the left pane of the window.
    • Under Windows Hello, kindly check the status of it.

As an initial troubleshooting step, we suggest keeping the device drivers like camera driver up-to-date. For your reference, check this article on how to
    update drivers in Windows 10.

We'll keep an eye out for your response.

Gerard Qui, Jan 2, 2019
  4. CaseyHIll Win User

Camera and Windows Hello not working after notebook wakes from sleep mode

After waking HP notebook from sleep mode the camera does not active. Windows Hello says it's trying to recognize me, but the camera light does not come on. I have to choose alternative way to login, and that works fine. Have Fall Creators Update installed.
    Hello works fine when first starting notebook or with a restart.

CaseyHIll, Jan 2, 2019
Thema:

1. A dell tech replaced my Notebook Camera and Windows hello Stopped working - Similar Threads - dell tech replaced

2. Camera is not working for Windows Hello

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Camera is not working for Windows Hello: My facial recognition stopped working on my Lenovo Yoga 7i laptop. It worked great until about 2 weeks ago. I followed all of the instructions in the troubleshooter and still nothing. Everytime I try to re-set it up, the camera looks like it wants to turn on but all I get is...
  3. Windows Hello Camera is not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Hello Camera is not working: After doing a clean installation of Windows 11 via bootable USB in my Dell Inspiron 7535 2-1, the face recognition is not working.The face recognition was working properly in Windows 10, before the format. In settings, when I try to set up the face recognition it says "We...
  4. Windows Hello recognition through the camera stopped working

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Hello recognition through the camera stopped working: Surface Book. At the end of February, a face in Windows Hello stopped recognizing for no reason. After disconnecting from the settings and trying to restart, it appears that the camera could not be found. Screenshot: https://prnt.sc/r9xaxk . Installing all the latest updates...
  5. Dell XPS 15 Camera not working with Windows Hello face

Dell XPS 15 Camera not working with Windows Hello face: Why? I have an XPS 13 that is 2 years old and it works just fine, why would the newer computer not be compatible? How can I fix it? It isn't a huge issue, but I enjoyed the feature. ***Modified title from: I have a brand new Dell Laptop, XPS 15 and the camera won't work...
  6. camera, windows hello stopped working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    camera, windows hello stopped working: Hi, my camera app stopped working and so did windows hello. I haven't added anything new to the computer. It was working fine and out of nowhere shows this error code 0xA00F4243<CameraReservedByAnotherApp>0xC00D3704. I don't use any third-party apps for the camera so this...
  7. Notebook camera not working on apps

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Notebook camera not working on apps: My camera does not work with apps although device managers say that the Camera settings are all turned 'ON' Is there a test to see if my front and/or back camera is even working?...
  8. Camera stopped working on my Dell laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Camera stopped working on my Dell laptop: Dell Inspiron 5559. The camera of my laptop stopped working as expected. It works only when I turn on the laptop, but when it goes to sleep or I close the lid the issue shows up. It starts working only after rebooting my laptop. My touchpad has also stopped working. Help!...
  9. Windows Hello stopped defaulting to camera

Windows Hello stopped defaulting to camera: Last year I used Windows Hello and camera successfully under Windows 10 Pro 1709. Meaning I turned it on and was unlocking my PC that way for months. Mind you, I always lock my PC when I step away from my computer or it would do that automatically after 10min of inactivity....
  10. Camera not working for windows hello

Camera not working for windows hello: My camera stopped working a few days ago. I wasn't able to log-in using Windows Hello and the camera app wasn't working either. I looked for a solution online and based on an answer on this website added a file in the registry. This fixed the camera app but not Windows Hello....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microsoft.cohttps://www.expedia.com/

2. troubleshooting windows hello for a dell precision 7540