Windows 10: A desktop Bug

Discus and support A desktop Bug in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I would like to through some light on a bug that I came across after my recent windows update. In this bug, whenever I start my Desktop sometimes my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AbhishekSaxena1999, Feb 25, 2021.

1. A desktop Bug

I would like to through some light on a bug that I came across after my recent windows update. In this bug, whenever I start my Desktop sometimes my icons and sometimes my taskbar got stuck, I have to put to put it on sleep multiple times so as to overcome this problem. I request microsoft to please look through it.

:)

AbhishekSaxena1999, Feb 25, 2021
  2. ss2020 Win User

Desktop items open Libreoffice; windows bugged and flickering

My mother's PC had the most bizarre bug I've ever seen this morning.

PC specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit
    Version: 1903 when problem occurred (1909 now)

What happened:
    • all desktop items, including folders, opened in Libreoffice Writer; once open it displayed a blank document then began flickering as if it had bugged while scrolling
    • opened Task Manager from the task bar, selecting the second tab opened the final tab, which began flickering like Libreoffice
    • problems stopped after a restart, then occurred again after another restart; then stopped after the PC ran for a short time
    • no error popups or BSODs
    • she said Candycrush reported an error earlier but it didn't occur when I looked at it; she said it mentioned "something about the desktop"

Steps I've taken:
    • did a quick virus scan then reboot scan with Windows Defender; no problems found
    • sfc /scannow; no problems found
    • installed update KB4537572 and upgraded system to 1909; updates appear to have been successful, no other updates available

At the moment the problem has disappeared, but since it reoccurred previously I'm not sure it hasn't been fixed.

I'm out of ideas. What else can I check and what other tests can I run? Based on the given information could anyone suggest what the problem might be?

ss2020, Feb 25, 2021
  3. fllckering desktop

Hi Yvonne,

To resolve your issue with flickering desktop, we suggest that you update your display drivers with the steps listed below:

• Right-click Start, then select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters to find the name of your device.
    • Right-click the device and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow steps to update display drivers.

Update us on the result.

Regards.

Angela Pun, Feb 25, 2021
  4. MohanC Win User

A desktop Bug

windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Feb 25, 2021
Thema:

A desktop Bug

1. A desktop Bug - Similar Threads - desktop Bug

2. Bug: In Task View, clicking Desktop 2, 3, etc always switches to Desktop 1 instead.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bug: In Task View, clicking Desktop 2, 3, etc always switches to Desktop 1 instead.: Hello,I want to make use of the multiple desktop feature of Windows but I have a problem. No matter which desktop I select, it will switch to Desktop 1 instead. Here is a video of it happening: https://photos.app.goo.gl/zSCRUZ1n4saKHFVcA However, if I use CTRL+Win+Right/Left,...
  3. Bug: In Task View, clicking Desktop 2, 3, etc always switches to Desktop 1 instead.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bug: In Task View, clicking Desktop 2, 3, etc always switches to Desktop 1 instead.: Hello,I want to make use of the multiple desktop feature of Windows but I have a problem. No matter which desktop I select, it will switch to Desktop 1 instead. Here is a video of it happening: https://photos.app.goo.gl/zSCRUZ1n4saKHFVcA However, if I use CTRL+Win+Right/Left,...
  4. icon spacing of desktop icons after the text resizing bug.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    icon spacing of desktop icons after the text resizing bug.: There is a horrible bug in the system win 11 after using multiple times enlarging or decreasing textsize . After some tries to have the right text size, I have enormous spacing between the desktop icons. It is impossible to get the original setup of icons again. The...
  5. icon spacing of desktop icons after the text resizing bug.

icon spacing of desktop icons after the text resizing bug.: There is a horrible bug in the system win 11 after using multiple times enlarging or decreasing textsize . After some tries to have the right text size, I have enormous spacing between the desktop icons. It is impossible to get the original setup of icons again. The...
  6. Bug in Remote Desktop Client for Windows V1.2.5105 when using multiple monitors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bug in Remote Desktop Client for Windows V1.2.5105 when using multiple monitors: Not sure on the best please to report this but the new version of remote desktop for windows has a bug in the way it displays on multiple monitors.My computer setup is as follows:Screen 1 is my laptop screen, set to primary with a resolution of 3840 x 2160Screen 2 is an...
  7. Bug in Remote Desktop Client for Windows V1.2.5105 when using multiple monitors

Bug in Remote Desktop Client for Windows V1.2.5105 when using multiple monitors: Not sure on the best please to report this but the new version of remote desktop for windows has a bug in the way it displays on multiple monitors.My computer setup is as follows:Screen 1 is my laptop screen, set to primary with a resolution of 3840 x 2160Screen 2 is an...
  8. Why DON'T Microsoft fix the Desktop Icon shadow bug

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why DON'T Microsoft fix the Desktop Icon shadow bug: There are a million things that cause the desktop icon text shadow to reappear, even when you've turn the option off in your preferences. Since this bug has existed since about Windows 3 in 1990 possibly earlier and since Microsoft have been notified since about that period I...
  9. Why DON'T Microsoft fix the Desktop Icon shadow bug

Why DON'T Microsoft fix the Desktop Icon shadow bug: There are a million things that cause the desktop icon text shadow to reappear, even when you've turn the option off in your preferences. Since this bug has existed since about Windows 3 in 1990 possibly earlier and since Microsoft have been notified since about that period I...
  10. Why DON'T Microsoft fix the Desktop Icon shadow bug

in Windows 10 Customization