Windows 10: a device attached to system is not functioning error when trying to turn off bitlocker

Discus and support a device attached to system is not functioning error when trying to turn off bitlocker in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello, i am trying to turn off BitLocker on my pc however every way i tried i have got the same error of ' A device attached to the system is not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by piyush jain00, May 25, 2023.

1. a device attached to system is not functioning error when trying to turn off bitlocker

Hello, i am trying to turn off BitLocker on my pc however every way i tried i have got the same error of ' A device attached to the system is not functioning'any idea how to fix it?

:)

piyush jain00, May 25, 2023

2. Network Folder connection error : "A device attached to the system is not functioning"

Hi All,

since few weeks We're having issue to connect to network folder like \\xyq-xxx-xxx\ , when trying to connect user receive the error "a device attached to the system is not functioning".

We have tried to :

• Connect using FQDN, adding domain on the folder name
    • Connect using RUN
    • Remote server is up as:
      • We can access to the folder from another device
      • From the unworking device it's possible to run a tracert to the folder (completed succesfully)
    • Enable unsicure guest logon ENABLED from GPO in Lanman Workstation
    • Network discovery and file sharing turned on for both Private and Public network profile
    • Remove security update KB5015807
    Device information:

• Configured with Intune
    • Initial version: 20H2
    • Updated to 21H2 , issue persist
    • All windows update installed
    • Cisco AMP installed (but it's installed on all device , also to devices that are able to connect)
    • Bitlocker enabled
    • Windows Hello for Business is NOT configured
    • Logging in using password
    Any suggestion on what to check to get it fixed ?

Luca_Brambilla_82, May 25, 2023
  3. "A device attached to the system is not functioning" in Windows 10

I am getting A device attached to the system is not functioning" error while installing any .exe file on laptop. Below is one of example in this case team viewer.

I have already taken few steps but invain getting same error again.

1. First step, format and reinstalled Windows 10
    2. There was driver error in device manager for "*Dellpro" I uninstalled this device.
    3. I ran SEC and DISM scans but they intermittently aborted.

Can someone help in fixing this error, can't install any software on laptop. Please help urgently.

a device attached to system is not functioning error when trying to turn off bitlocker 44d406ae-9b13-4a90-9d44-4c68a5ad84d3?upload=true.jpg

RajeshP_1269, May 25, 2023
  4. a device attached to system is not functioning error when trying to turn off bitlocker

error message -a device attached to the system is not functioning when trying to save a file

I'm getting an error message a device attached to the system is not functioning when trying to save a file. Can anyone help me with this?

KristyVaughan75, May 25, 2023
Thema:

a device attached to system is not functioning error when trying to turn off bitlocker

1. a device attached to system is not functioning error when trying to turn off bitlocker - Similar Threads - device attached system

2. a device attached to system is not functioning error when trying to turn off bitlocker

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    a device attached to system is not functioning error when trying to turn off bitlocker: Hello, i am trying to turn off BitLocker on my pc however every way i tried i have got the same error of ' A device attached to the system is not functioning'any idea how to fix it?...
  3. a device attached to system is not functioning error when trying to turn off bitlocker

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    a device attached to system is not functioning error when trying to turn off bitlocker: Hello, i am trying to turn off BitLocker on my pc however every way i tried i have got the same error of ' A device attached to the system is not functioning'any idea how to fix it?...
  4. Incorrect Function error when turning off BitLocker

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Incorrect Function error when turning off BitLocker: Hello, we are trying to turn off BitLocker on a computer however every way we try we get the same unhelpful error of 'Incorrect function'?We are doing it all using administrator privileges and have tried from the BitLocker settings page and from CMD with the same result see...
  5. Incorrect Function error when turning off BitLocker

Incorrect Function error when turning off BitLocker: Hello, we are trying to turn off BitLocker on a computer however every way we try we get the same unhelpful error of 'Incorrect function'?We are doing it all using administrator privileges and have tried from the BitLocker settings page and from CMD with the same result see...
  6. A device attached to the system is not functioning

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A device attached to the system is not functioning: Hello:Can somebody help me with this message:"a device attached to the system is not functioning"I downloaded a tax software but when tried to install it that message appears.Thanks,Hiram...
  7. A device attached to the system is not functioning

A device attached to the system is not functioning: Hello:Can somebody help me with this message:"a device attached to the system is not functioning"I downloaded a tax software but when tried to install it that message appears.Thanks,Hiram...
  8. A device attached to system is not functioning

in Windows 10 Customization
    A device attached to system is not functioning: [IMG] I dont know how happend but i cant open systems app and i cant disable network too [ATTACH] and another error happend when i want open device manager this error come Why ? My laptop is lenovo g510 Core i3 Amd r5 m230...
  9. Error: A device attached to the system is not functioning

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Error: A device attached to the system is not functioning: I have not used my HP Envy 20 in a couple of years and just spent the day updating it. I reset the entire thing and the sound icon at the bottom right has a red X. I tried troubleshooting and could not update drivers due to "A device attached to the system is not...
  10. A device attached to the system is not functioning

in Windows 10 News
    A device attached to the system is not functioning: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]If you receive this error message A device attached to the system is not functioning, here are a few things you may try. It is quite possible that the attached device is not working for one of these reasons. The device [...] This post A device attached to...