Windows 10: ‘A device enclosed in parenthesis has been disabled in the corresponding type menu’

Discus and support ‘A device enclosed in parenthesis has been disabled in the corresponding type menu’ in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So my computer has ONE boot device, I have no CD, as my PC doesn’t have a disk tray, and this is the only boot menu I have. When I try to boot from it,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MicroFiend, Jan 23, 2020.

1. ‘A device enclosed in parenthesis has been disabled in the corresponding type menu’

So my computer has ONE boot device, I have no CD, as my PC doesn’t have a disk tray, and this is the only boot menu I have. When I try to boot from it, it is just a black screen. I don’t know what to do and I have very important files and programs on here, I am afraid that my system is beyond repair. When I try to reset the PC, it fails and undoes the changed it made to the reset, and gets to a blue screen that has nothing on it. I am afraid for my computer, I am good at tech myself, and I know I have not come in contact with malware, I think it might be system corruption. Is anyone able to help me out with this? I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you.

:)

MicroFiend, Jan 23, 2020
  2. StacieEP Win User

windows 10 automatic repair infinite loop

What if my Harddrive is disabled? How do I enable it?

Says "A device enclosed in parenthesis has been disabled in the corresponding type menu. "

Is this the reason the infinite looping is happening?

I am unable to get to anywhere into my computer - just always ends back at Automatic Repiar - your PC did not start correctly.

Help!! Thanks!

Note this happened after doing the free Windows 10 upgrade. I had Windows 7 previously. Regretting attempting to move to Windows 10 as now I have no computer. Dell Inspirion desktop

StacieEP, Jan 23, 2020
  3. issues with Reloading windows 10 unable to change Boot sequence

The first boot device is the Hard Disk, the second is the cd/dvd, the third is usb generic and the fourth is lan, but they are all in parenthesis and the help item says those in parenthesis have been disabled in the corresponding type menu. I’m not sure
    what that means. Any way, I press F10 to save and exit and it goes right back to the same message to insert boot media. I’m still trying.
    Thanks for any additional help............

David S_29, Jan 23, 2020
  4. Naki Win User

‘A device enclosed in parenthesis has been disabled in the corresponding type menu’

Feature suggestion: Add right-click menu

Suggestion: Please add a Windows 7 Jump-List and/or right-click menu to the GPU-Z icon in the Windows taskbar. Possible menus in it would be "Exit" and "About GPU-Z...".
    Maybe also "Switch to tab 1/Switch to tab 2/Switch to videocard 1/Switch to videocard 2" too.
    Examples of programs that have such menus are ICQ, Skype, AIM.

NOTE: It seems for a right-click menu, Windows 7 is not needed - it works on WinXP and Vista too.
    But even a Windows 7 Jump-list may be good enough.
    What do you think?

Thema:

‘A device enclosed in parenthesis has been disabled in the corresponding type menu’

1. ‘A device enclosed in parenthesis has been disabled in the corresponding type menu’ - Similar Threads - ‘A device enclosed

2. administrator has been disabled.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    administrator has been disabled.: I reset my laptophp and it has problems that administrator has been disabled.So I tried to fix it. I opened the command prompt and I did sfc/scannow.Verification 100% complete, but I got Windows resource Protection could not perform the requested operation.How can I fix it?...
  3. administrator has been disabled.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    administrator has been disabled.: I reset my laptophp and it has problems that administrator has been disabled.So I tried to fix it. I opened the command prompt and I did sfc/scannow.Verification 100% complete, but I got Windows resource Protection could not perform the requested operation.How can I fix it?...
  4. administrator has been disabled.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Search for parenthesis

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search for parenthesis: Since Microsoft seems to have fired all devs that made Windows OS great, FILE SEARCH has become a pile of excrement.On the Thread How do I search for parenthesis? - Microsoft Community created on 2010-10-11 the ANSWER is not Generic or Useful to find All Duplicates.So, I ......
  6. Search for parenthesis

Search for parenthesis: Since Microsoft seems to have fired all devs that made Windows OS great, FILE SEARCH has become a pile of excrement.On the Thread How do I search for parenthesis? - Microsoft Community created on 2010-10-11 the ANSWER is not Generic or Useful to find All Duplicates.So, I ......
  7. how to disable "Type to search" in start menu?

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to disable "Type to search" in start menu?: as the title says is there a way to disable "Type to search" in start menu? [ATTACH] else if that can't be done, is there a way to disable task bar to a specific user?...
  8. audio has been disabled

audio has been disabled: The audio function on our computer appears to have been disabled after a friend's child was playing x box or something on the computer, we have tried everything to find out how the audio seems to have disappeared but the message on the computer just keeps saying that there is...
  9. your account has been disabled

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    your account has been disabled: You're most welcome Dave. *Smile Hello. I actually have the same problem. Even at my lock screen it is showing your account has been disabled. I cannot access my computer. It there any way I can enable the administrator account again by entering cmd at boo? I've tried...
  10. account has been disabled

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    account has been disabled: hi, just bought a new dell with windows 10. During the point when you enter your new password and have to reenter the password the screen went haywire with flashing colours, it would not stop, so i turned the computer off. So i never got to set a password. So now when i...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. a device enclosed in parenthesis has been disabled in the corresponding type menu

2. a device enclosed in parentheses

3. a device enclosed in parenthesis has been disabled

4. a device enosed in parenthesis has been disabled in the corresponding type menu,
  5. a device in parenthesis has been disabled,
  6. how do you open cd drawer