Windows 10: A different sound for the Alarms app

Discus and support A different sound for the Alarms app in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I there a way to add a .wav file to the choice of alarm sounds. I can hardly hear the ones available because they are too short. I have some songs as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by blockie, Dec 26, 2015.

1. blockie Win User

A different sound for the Alarms app

I there a way to add a .wav file to the choice of alarm sounds. I can hardly hear the ones available because they are too short. I have some songs as well as ringers that I can hear across the room.

Another question is since the W-10 update I have been bugged by scrolling. On occassion, an icon pops up with 4 arrows left, right, up & dn. When I move the mouse then I scroll all over the place. I can shut it off by a click of the left mouse key How to disable eetc.

:)

blockie, Dec 26, 2015

2. E72 - Alarm

Hi,

I noticed that if I have 2 alarms and I change the alarm sound then this will affect all alarms!

How can I set different alarm sounds for different alarms?

Thanks.

yobi4ever---01, Dec 26, 2015
  3. Mike_1369 Win User
    Setting a specific sound for a specific alarm

1 -- Windows 10 Mobile version 1703

2 -- It has always been like this, since I got the phone and preset alarms.

I do the following:

1 -- Set an alarm in Clocks and Alarms

2 -- Click on the item, "Sound > From My Music or From My Ringtones" and then I select a specific Ringtone, "Pear" for example.

When the alarm sounds, it plays the Alarm Set in the Notifications for the Alarms App, overriding the setting for the individual alarm that is set.

UPDATE: Further experimenting, I set the Alarms App Default Notification to "Default", and now the alarms that I choose a custom alarm sound for, now play. But, what about other alarms, I might want to set a different "default" alarm sound
    to?

Mike_1369, Dec 26, 2015
  4. Edwin New Member

You would need to replace one or more of the "Alarm01.wav" files in C:/Windows/Media with one of your own, and only 01 - 10

My mouse does similar but only when 'Gesture' button is held down.

A different sound for the Alarms app [​IMG]

You should be able to assign 'None' to the action.

Edwin, Dec 26, 2015
Thema:

1. A different sound for the Alarms app - Similar Threads - different sound Alarms

2. Alarms & Clock No sound!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Alarms & Clock No sound!: I set an alarm using the clock tool but when I tested the alarm, there was no sound. How can I fix this? Windows 11 Home Edition and my pc is an HP laptop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/alarms-clock-no-sound/c6cb8955-16a2-4bb2-89df-2305ffbb96f6
  3. Alarms & Clock No sound!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Alarms & Clock No sound!: I set an alarm using the clock tool but when I tested the alarm, there was no sound. How can I fix this? Windows 11 Home Edition and my pc is an HP laptop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/alarms-clock-no-sound/c6cb8955-16a2-4bb2-89df-2305ffbb96f6
  4. Alarm and Timer does not sound.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Alarm and Timer does not sound.: Focus assistant is turned off. All other media can be played with sound. I have seen many posts about the same problem but from 5-6 years ago and they did not work, so I'm wondering if I can get a tip for Windows 10 now. Thanks in advance. submitted by /u/calicomaria...
  5. Alarm Sounds

Alarm Sounds: I would like to change one of the alarm sounds in the Alarms and Clock app to a personal .flac sound file. How do I perform this task? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/alarm-sounds/e8132de6-fc41-4d63-a38a-7034ebb3b59d
  6. Alarms & Clock No sound!

Alarms & Clock No sound!: Hello everyone, it 's been almost a month since I used it! But now that I want to set the alarm, there is no sound! Everything works! But it does not have only sound! In the meantime, I checked all the problems of Windows sound, no device, program, driver, music player, etc.,...
  7. Alarms & Clock app not working (No sound)!

Alarms & Clock app not working (No sound)!: [ATTACH] Hello everyone, it's been almost a month since I used it! But now that I want to set the alarm, there is no sound! Everything works! But it does not have only sound! In the meantime, I checked all the problems of Windows sound, no device, program, driver, music...
  8. The sounds in the Alarm app are beautiful.

The sounds in the Alarm app are beautiful.: For those who don't use it, the Alarm app in Windows 10 has some really awesome alert sounds. I've repurposed some of them for notifications and the like. You probably want to use an app like Audacity to trim ones that are longer, but in my opinion it's worth it. Gives a...
  9. Alarm App sounds?

Alarm App sounds?: 1) How do I sample alarm sounds in Alarm App? (Win 10) 2) Various Searches via Settings prompted .... Nada!?! 3) Search via Contana prompted "Huh? Whaaa? How about Spotify? What should I use to Open this?" ARRRGH!! 4) Silly question, I know: Any way to provide my own...
  10. Alarm Clock Muting Sounds?

Alarm Clock Muting Sounds?: I'm not sure if this is actually the case but I have 2 alarm clocks that I use in my computer at the same time due to me having trouble waking up and the default Windows alarm clock is set to go off first then the other which an online alarm goes off after an hour. For some...