Windows 10: A disk read error while verifying DMI Pool Data

Discus and support A disk read error while verifying DMI Pool Data in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; This happened on 10/7, following 10/6 update to Windows 10. Is there a fix?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by CAEllis, Oct 8, 2018.

1. CAEllis Win User

A disk read error while verifying DMI Pool Data

This happened on 10/7, following 10/6 update to Windows 10. Is there a fix?

:)

CAEllis, Oct 8, 2018

2. Verifying DMI pool Data?

I just tried to install windows on a HDD and it rebooted and now it just goes to this one screen and all it says it's verifying DMI Pool Data.

Well, I think I've got it now...IDK for sure, but I think I do. I had to erase the Partition, then format the Disk, so...

Franklinwallbrown, Oct 8, 2018
  3. Hanging at Verifying DMI Pool Data

Spent a couple of hours last night trying to get my Windows 10 install to boot without having the Windows 7 install disk attached to my desktop.

Tried recreating the MBR etc. as described by a number of web sites, but all this achieved was to cause a "Disk Read Error, Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart" message to appear after the "Hanging at Verifying DMI Pool Data", whenever I tried to reboot.

Please don't suggest there is an issue with the SSD drive, because there isn't!!!! This is crappy Windows simply not working!

As soon as I plug the Windows 7 drive back in (so both the SSD drives are connected), everything goes back to working perfectly i.e. I can boot into either OS and get NO errors.

So, the issue is clearly with the MBR on the Pro EVO 850 256gb SSD (Windows 10 install).

I need to figure out how to fix this and at the moment this forum is being less than useful *Sad

milleniumaire, Oct 8, 2018
  4. A disk read error while verifying DMI Pool Data

Win10 Stuck at Verifying DMI Pool Data??? Please help..

After a win10 critical update installed my CPU- after reboot it is now hung at Verifying DMI Pool Data.

I cannot get past this..

Any ideas?

SherryPanosky, Oct 8, 2018
Thema:

A disk read error while verifying DMI Pool Data

1. A disk read error while verifying DMI Pool Data - Similar Threads - disk read error

2. Disk reading error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk reading error: When I start my pc it says that there is a disk read error. How can I fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disk-reading-error/ecb05ee0-c691-41ef-a23b-a56f5b3c2efe
  3. Disk reading error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disk reading error: When I start my pc it says that there is a disk read error. How can I fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disk-reading-error/ecb05ee0-c691-41ef-a23b-a56f5b3c2efe
  4. Computer stuck on verifying DMI and crashes in BIOS

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer stuck on verifying DMI and crashes in BIOS: Hello, I've recently run into the problem of my computer getting stuck on verifying DMI on start up. I have looked online and they all seem to suggest I need to change something in BIOS, but I can't enter BIOS or Boot without it freezing completely. I cannot progress any...
  5. Disk read error.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Disk read error.: my laptop is jut displaying a screen sying that a disk read error has occured and i have to restart it by clicking on Alt, Ctrl, Del buttons. but its still not working when i press the buttons....
  6. Samsung Data Migration: Cloning Failed, An error occurred while reading the disk

in Windows 10 News
    Samsung Data Migration: Cloning Failed, An error occurred while reading the disk: [ATTACH]Samsung Data Migration is a software that allows users to clone HDD or SSD to Samsung branded SSD. It is the easiest way to switch […] This post Samsung Data Migration: Cloning Failed, An error occurred while reading the disk is from TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  7. Disk read errors

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Disk read errors: Is Microsoft ever likely to read disks and handle read errors without taking for ever! It's NOT hard. I did this in the early '80s in assembler and I am not even a programmer. It was slow then using floppies and a read error could be taken care of in a few hundred...
  8. Computer Stuck at VERIFYING DMI POOL DATA.................. UPDATE SUCESS

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Computer Stuck at VERIFYING DMI POOL DATA.................. UPDATE SUCESS: Hi, anytime I try to boot Windows 10 on my brand new computer I get this message. Is this because I didn't download the Windows 10 boot correctly? Is it that I downloaded the file off a 2013 MacBook Air? I don't think it's my USB flash drive but is it possible I formatted it...
  9. DMI Pool Hang...Windows 10 Recovery?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DMI Pool Hang...Windows 10 Recovery?: A couple of days ago, my Windows 10 installation went to sleep. It never woke up. After shutting it down and restarting the computer, it gave me an error about checksum in the Bios. After some troubleshooting and Recovery I was never able to get it to boot. However, after...
  10. Hanging at Verifying DMI Pool Data

in Windows 10 Support
    Hanging at Verifying DMI Pool Data: My trusty old PC has worked perfectly for years on Windows 7, which runs from a Samsung Pro EVO 850 256gb SSD drive. A few months ago I decided to upgrade to Windows 10, but I wanted to do a clean install (I don't like upgrades), which would also allow me to dual boot, so...