Windows 10: A disk volume not found by Explorer but recognized in Disk Management

Discus and support A disk volume not found by Explorer but recognized in Disk Management in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Volume Z is not recognized in Explorer. It was recognized normally in the recent past, but not any more. Y and Z are volumes in a Western Digital... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by TGeorge111, Feb 17, 2019.

1. A disk volume not found by Explorer but recognized in Disk Management

Volume Z is not recognized in Explorer. It was recognized normally in the recent past, but not any more.

Y and Z are volumes in a Western Digital 1TB drive. If you look at the included Snips you can see the issue.

Thanks,

Terry A disk volume not found by Explorer but recognized in Disk Management 96876c62-36e9-42e6-bb18-302bfae1b45f?upload=true.jpg

A disk volume not found by Explorer but recognized in Disk Management af3b31b7-eb21-4ad0-a6cc-caa882fdeb8c?upload=true.jpg

:)

TGeorge111, Feb 17, 2019

2. Disk Management

Hi Keith,

Thanks for providing the detail that was requested previously. Since the disk management screen that you saw is showing greyed out options, we suggest that you follow the steps below to change the partition type of your internal drive:

• Open Disk Management then right click the partition on the disk you want to covert and select Delete Volume.
    • Once you complete the process you will see the whole disk shown as two separate unallocated spaces. Right-click the disk and select Convert to GPT disk.

After the conversion, you will be able to use the whole disk and then you can create new separate partitions.

We look forward to your response to our queries.

Jordan Dom, Feb 17, 2019
  3. Disk management console view is not up-to-date

i dont know how to fix your disk management, but i can fix your partition problems...

open up Command Prompt with admin rights. (Right click, run as admin)

enter in
    DISKPART
    list disk

then find the Disk number for your Raid array... lets call it number 7 ( you can tell what disk is what by the total size)
    type in

Select Disk 7
    List Partition (will give you a list of all the partitions..)
    Select Partition 1 (im assuming you only have 1 partition on Disk 7) repeat this step if you have more partitions.
    ASSIGN

that should get the array up and running ready to use.

EDITED.

any problems, post back ^^

Still EDITING *Stick Out Tongue A disk volume not found by Explorer but recognized in Disk Management :p

side question, have you tried restarting the PC?

slyfox2151, Feb 17, 2019
  4. A disk volume not found by Explorer but recognized in Disk Management

Extend Volume in disk managment not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Let me help you.

• Since when did the issue started appearing?

• Have you made any changes in settings prior to the issue?

• Do you receive any error code or error message on the screen?

I suggest you to follow the exact steps mentioned below and check if you are able to perform the action.

• Run Disk Management. Open Run Command (Windows button +R) a dialog box will open and type "diskmgmt.msc".

• In the Disk Management screen, just right-click on the partition that you want to shrink, and select “Extend Volume” from the menu

• Locate your system partition — that’s probably the C: partition. Right-click on it and select “Shrink Volume.” If you have multiple partitions on your hard drive, you could also choose to resize a different partition to free up
      space.
    Check if it helps.

Please reply with the details and updated status of the issue. We will be happy to assist you further.

Aswin_Anand, Feb 17, 2019
Thema:

A disk volume not found by Explorer but recognized in Disk Management

1. A disk volume not found by Explorer but recognized in Disk Management - Similar Threads - disk volume found

2. Disk manager Error Reducting a Volume.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Disk manager Error Reducting a Volume.: Well, trying to reduct Volume of my main partition C: There was an error, here it is an image, on spanish but il translate it: Its posible that the selected volume for reduct is damaged, Use chkdsk to repair the damage and then try to reduct the volume again, I tried to Use...
  3. Disk manager Error Reducting a Volume.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk manager Error Reducting a Volume.: Well, trying to reduct Volume of my main partition C: There was an error, here it is an image, on spanish but il translate it: Its posible that the selected volume for reduct is damaged, Use chkdsk to repair the damage and then try to reduct the volume again, I tried to Use...
  4. Disk manager Error Reducting a Volume.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. HDD missing from file Explorer. But can be found in device manager and disk managment

HDD missing from file Explorer. But can be found in device manager and disk managment: HelloI was using my computer which is windows 10.i went to play a game and had to re download it as my HHD was no longer in the file explorer.Although i can see it in device manager and disk management,in disk management it is now un-allocated, previously it was my "E"...
  6. Expand volume in Disk Management

Expand volume in Disk Management: I added a 4TB external USB drive to my desktop. I partitioned the drive so it's approximately 2 TB plus 2 TB. On the 2nd partition which is unallocated the option to create a new volume is shaded out. In fact, all options are shaded out. On the 1st partition which is a volume...
  7. HDD Not Recognized in Disk Management

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HDD Not Recognized in Disk Management: Hello, 2 weeks ago I received new ASUS laptop ASUS 15 X509FL with no OS. After installing the OS Windows 10 via DOK I'v noticed that my HDD st1000lm035-1rk172 is detected on BIOS and Device Manager but not detected in the Disk management so I cant use it at all. So for now...
  8. Multiple disk volume created in Disk Management vs Storage Spaces

Multiple disk volume created in Disk Management vs Storage Spaces: I would like to create a spanned volume of two hard drives, I have already found out that there is a difference between use of the Disk Management and the Storage Spaces, we can create an ordinary Spanned Volume (like JBOD) or a Striped Volume (like RAID-0) in the Disk...
  9. Disk management fails to shrink volume

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Disk management fails to shrink volume: I want to shrink the G: volume but Disk Management shows the following error after the "Querying available shrink space ..." message: "An unexpected error has occurred. Check the System Event Log for more information on the error. Close the Disk Management console, then...
  10. Disk Management Shrink Volume wrong capacity

Disk Management Shrink Volume wrong capacity: I have 6 partitions on my hard drive. Under Disk Management, when I select a partition and then "Shrink" all but one shows the total capacity correctly, along with the amount to shrink and then the remaining that will be left. However on one partition, when selecting shrink,...