Windows 10: a dreaded MSDOS type of program

Discus and support a dreaded MSDOS type of program in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello all, I'm back from a long hiatus. Since I've been away, I've learned more about computers, but have a bit of a problem. I'm trying to help a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by novicegeek, Nov 23, 2018.

1. a dreaded MSDOS type of program

Hello all,

I'm back from a long hiatus. Since I've been away, I've learned more about computers, but have a bit of a problem. I'm trying to help a family member who has a small business. They are running an old program that installs from a floppy diskette. They don't have this particular computer hooked up to the internet, so that much is OK.

I'm trying to help them install this old program on a new computer that has Windows 10 OS. Obviously, Windows 10 is 64-bit and it's not compatible...

a dreaded MSDOS type of program

novicegeek, Nov 23, 2018
  2. HTC
    HTC Win User

Program runs in MSDOS and claims "this program must run in MSDOS"????

I think the BIOS in this board (K8V SE motherboard) isn't OK because i get bad BIOS checksum many times, while others it boots normally so i thought i should flash it to make sure it's OK.

I'm using an USB to boot MSDOS command prompt but what i find really weird is that, when i'm @ the command prompt and i try to use the BIOS update program, it says: "This program must be run in MSDOS" ... HUH ...?

I tried getting MSDOS 6.22 but ain't getting any success in making it USB bootable.

Any suggestions?

3. Ken Blake Win User
    MSDOS files

The fact they are "MSDOS" files is irrelevant. What is important is what program they were created with.

What is their extension (the part of the file name after the dot at the end)?

Ken Blake, Nov 23, 2018
  4. a dreaded MSDOS type of program

George222(2), Nov 23, 2018
Thema:

a dreaded MSDOS type of program

1. a dreaded MSDOS type of program - Similar Threads - dreaded MSDOS type

2. MSDOS Games - (Free Online Play)

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MSDOS Games - (Free Online Play): If anyone that had an old MS-DOS computer, where you had to type commands in order to open a game or software, then this website will take you back to the good ole days. . . Online CLASSIC games 170702
  3. Dreaded Windows 10 - 2004 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Dreaded Windows 10 - 2004 update: Noticed that others are having similar problem to me when accepting update to Windows 10 version 2004 - this totally ruined my HP laptop and I discovered that my SSD had been totally destroyed. I have seen an on line video which explains that fault in download means system...
  4. The Dreaded Blue Screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    The Dreaded Blue Screen: I received an Error Code 0x000014c and i have followed your directions posted on here. I inserted the media installation tool. However all I get is that damn screen, Recovery. I reset my Boot Order and confirmed the player. But I cannot get the computer to turn on so I can...
  5. The Dreaded undoing changes to the computer loop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    The Dreaded undoing changes to the computer loop: The main issue im having is i know how to pull up windows repair by turning the pc of 3 times but instead of that coming up instead american megatrends comes up and the option is to press f1 which pulls up uefi bois utillty settings i was wondering if theyre was a way to...
  6. The Dreaded Blue Screen

The Dreaded Blue Screen: I keep getting the Blue Screen popping up, especially if I am on the net viewing photos on Flickr. The message is received concerns a stop code and that Windows will shut down and restart. It takes several hours or several days before I can boot up again. Help!!!!...
  7. I'm clueless ,is there any way to run a old msdos program in windows 10, i looked at that...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I'm clueless ,is there any way to run a old msdos program in windows 10, i looked at that...: I have a old msdos program on cd and im using it on a older Dell that runs windows Xp , the dos program doesn't what to work on the windows 10 model, I tired looking at the dos box thing but I can't make heads or tails out of it,, is there any one or something that I can do...
  8. Dreaded SrtTrail.txt

Dreaded SrtTrail.txt: I recently got the dreaded SrtTrail.txt error a few days ago and have been at my wits end on what more I can do. I am using Windows 10. My desktop kept refreshing and popped up an error. Unfortunately I wasn’t able to read it as it closed out on its own. I went to...
  9. dreaded blue screen

dreaded blue screen: OK the last few updates has left my computer a mess I get a blue screen several times a day I had to totally change my id because of it I'm about ready to format my harddrive and go back to win 7 pro. I use more than one browser and will always do it so if you are...
  10. Need free program to create hierarchies of program types

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need free program to create hierarchies of program types: I'm looking for a program where I can type the names of program categories - then type the names of programs in some other blocks. Then, I'd like to move the blocks around with my cursor and place the programs under the proper categories. I'd probably be changing categories...