Windows 10: A fatal error occurred while trying to sysprep the machine

Discus and support A fatal error occurred while trying to sysprep the machine in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH] [ATTACH]When a user is running Windows on a Virtual Machine, there are various types of errors that can occur. The operating system... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Apr 8, 2019.

1. WinClub New Member

A fatal error occurred while trying to sysprep the machine

WinClub, Apr 8, 2019

2. Windows 10 sysprep error: System Preparation Tool 3.14 A fatal error occurred while trying to sysprep the machine. FIXED

Windows 10 sysprep error: System Preparation Tool 3.14 A fatal error occurred while trying to sysprep the machine. FIXED.

This took me 2 days of searching everywhere and finding nothing on this issue; unless I missed something somewhere so please let me know. I went through every GPO one by one to find out which one it was. Come to find out that if you set your setup log file
    to point to any drive other then the default drive then you will get the "System Preparation Tool 3.14 A fatal error occurred while trying to sysprep the machine" error.

A fatal error occurred while trying to sysprep the machine dab46f83-0be5-4c91-9567-a6912d71a9b5.png

A fatal error occurred while trying to sysprep the machine 213ae795-2944-4489-84e3-ba7f43520265.png

Try if for your self and someone please let me know if this will be fixed. Window 8.1 worked fine for me but I think I remember Windows 7 doing something like this a long time ago but I did not test it.

Chris Pouliot, Apr 8, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Version 1607 Sysprep Succeeds with Error setupdigetclassdevs failed with error 0

Follow the steps provided by hath08 on this thread.

Winter Firefly, Apr 8, 2019
  4. Flava0ne Win User

Fatal Error

I've been trying to format my system but right after it finishes formatting I get a Fatal Error during the Windows installation process. That Fatal Error is a Data Error (cyclic redundancy check). I know that it's because of my hard drives, but how do I fix this issue? I have 2 Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 250GB SATA II Hard Drives in RAID 0. Any help and suggestions would be greatly appreciated. *Smile A fatal error occurred while trying to sysprep the machine :)

Flava0ne, Apr 8, 2019
Thema:

1. A fatal error occurred while trying to sysprep the machine - Similar Threads - fatal error occurred

2. A fatal hardware error has occurred in Memory: Machine Check Exception.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    A fatal hardware error has occurred in Memory: Machine Check Exception.: Hi forum I could use some help here. The error is above.When gone in a game, I can play for an hour or two before the game freezes, the PC reboots and a red motherboard light shows up. I can assume from this seems to be a Memory issue. I can a Windows memory diagnostic and no...
  3. A fatal hardware error has occurred in Memory: Machine Check Exception.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A fatal hardware error has occurred in Memory: Machine Check Exception.: Hi forum I could use some help here. The error is above.When gone in a game, I can play for an hour or two before the game freezes, the PC reboots and a red motherboard light shows up. I can assume from this seems to be a Memory issue. I can a Windows memory diagnostic and no...
  4. A FATAL HARDWARE ERROR HAS OCCURED

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A FATAL HARDWARE ERROR HAS OCCURED: Hi i have received the following message in my System area of Microsoft Event Viewer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/a-fatal-hardware-error-has-occured/40b9d200-855e-44c2-b8cd-3965b30d37d5
  5. A FATAL HARDWARE ERROR HAS OCCURED

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    A FATAL HARDWARE ERROR HAS OCCURED: Hi i have received the following message in my System area of Microsoft Event Viewer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/a-fatal-hardware-error-has-occured/40b9d200-855e-44c2-b8cd-3965b30d37d5
  6. A FATAL HARDWARE ERROR HAS OCCURED

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. An error occurred while trying to configure this machine as a Domain Controller

in Windows 10 News
    An error occurred while trying to configure this machine as a Domain Controller: [ATTACH]The error message An error occurred while trying to configure this machine as a Domain Controller is most likely to occur when trying to promote your machine as a domain controller. In this post, we will offer the most suitable solution to this issue. An error...
  8. A fatal hardware error occurred.

A fatal hardware error occurred.: My systems seems to crash without a blue screen, and only when i am using google chrome for an extended period of time, and when playing Red Dead Redemption 2, I also consitently get the warning message: A corrected hardware error has occurred. Reported by component:...
  9. A fatal error occurred while creating a TLS client credential

A fatal error occurred while creating a TLS client credential: Not a normal BSOD Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview Build 20190 First, this GSOD (Green) first happened when I opened a link on an email to make a payment to Discover.com Came in every time I tried it got the BSOD but I ignored it and continues to use the PC with no problems for...
  10. Error code 0x80080204 while trying to sysprep

in Windows 10 Customization
    Error code 0x80080204 while trying to sysprep: Hi everydody, We are stucking with this issue for several week and would appreciate any help you could bring. We are preparing a windows 10 deployment image for our company computers and we are struggling when we are trying to sysprep them. We have removed all the...