Windows 10: A fatal hardware error has occurred on Event Viewer

Discus and support A fatal hardware error has occurred on Event Viewer in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi there We have a Macbook Pro machine the latest one and we install Windows 10 via Boot Camp. The installation is running smoothly When we are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by DCPartners, Jun 30, 2020.

1. A fatal hardware error has occurred on Event Viewer

Hi there

We have a Macbook Pro machine the latest one and we install Windows 10 via Boot Camp. The installation is running smoothly

When we are about to deploy to the user, we ran an Event Viewer and we found this following error:

-------

A fatal hardware error has occurred.

Reported by component: Processor Core
    Error Source: Machine Check Exception
    Error Type: Cache Hierarchy Error
    Processor APIC ID: 0
    The details view of this entry contains further information.

Log Name: System

Source: WHEA-Logger

Event ID: 18

Level: Error

User: LOCAL SERVICE

OpCode: Info

Logged: 29/06/2020 12:32:44 AM

Task Category: None

Keywords:

Computer: XXX

-------

The machine is running as normal ... no error comes up on the screen OR no BSOD.

The challenge is that we contacted Apple and Apple Support said due to it's Windows issue they suggest to Microsoft first. We did contact Microsft support and not be able to proceed further as only dealing with WIndows 10 on Windows device.

Can you point us in the right direction here? Do we need to worry about this processor error issue?

What I've noticed it looks like something to do Sleep mode as we noticed the time logs. Again needs to more investigation on this.

I'm appreciated your feedback.

Thanks

:)

DCPartners, Jun 30, 2020
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Error in Event Viewer

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

As you have mentioned, you have performed a repair installation on the computer and you see Event 508, 510 and 533 in Event Viewer.

I would like to inform that if you see any critical error in Event Viewer, please share the event logs with us to help you with the appropriate troubleshooting steps. Please follow the steps mentioned below to share the event logs:

1. Press Windows + X from the keyboard, select
      Event Viewer.
    2. Expand Windows Logs from the left pane and select
      Applications.
    3. Click Filter Current Log from extreme right pane. Then in the new windows check the box beside
      Error and click OK.
    4. Now, look for a critical Error in the list and note down the message/information from the
      General Tab in the lower section.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jun 30, 2020
  3. spike47 Win User
    Error in event viewer

Hi

I keep geting the following in the Event viewer ,
    The description for Event ID (4) in source ( SuperProServer ) cannot be found . the local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display message from a remote computer . You may be able to use /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description . The following information is part of the event, The event log file is corrupt .

has anyone any ideas has to what this means .

cheers

spike47, Jun 30, 2020
  4. MrNowie Win User

A fatal hardware error has occurred on Event Viewer

Random reboots and 'A corrected hardware error has occurred.' in Event viewer

Dear Microsoft Community,

2 days ago I have purchased a new ASUS K501U laptop which I will be using for my study and sometimes to play are simple game (The Sims 4 for example).

The laptop runs on Windows 10, has a great performance and works well. Until I try to start an application that needs the GPU (3D-application, The Sims 4, Video-editing etc.) After 10 min. of using an application that needs the GPU the fans will spin
    up a little (not really that hard). Shortly after the system reboots itself. But for some reason that system is not able to boot correctly after this happens. The system will loop like this: try to boot again -> fails and turns off again -> try to boot again
    -> fails and turns off again -> etc. Only when I turn the system off while it’s trying to boot again and then leave it for a few minutes the system will boot again normally. There is no dump file so it’s not a STOP-error. It just turns off like someone removed
    the battery and then put it back.

The reason I’m asking this in the Microsoft-community is because I noticed that in the Windows Event Viewer there are there entry’s which show up like 10x per minute:

Event ID: 17

Source: WHEA-Logger

A corrected hardware error has occurred.

Component: PCI Express Root Port

Error Source: Advanced Error Reporting (PCI Express)

BusA fatal hardware error has occurred on Event Viewer :Device:Function: 0x00x1C0x4

Vendor IDA fatal hardware error has occurred on Event Viewer :Device ID: 0x8086:0x9D14

Class Code: 0x30400

This error is flooding the System events log within the viewer and that doesn’t seem normal to me. Maybe my issue has to do with these errors which keep being registered in the Event Log? Even if it doesn’t, it creates a lot unnecessary disk activity.

Please help/advise me. The laptop was pretty expensive and brand new.

Thanks in advance for helping!

Greetings,

Noah

MrNowie, Jun 30, 2020
Thema:

A fatal hardware error has occurred on Event Viewer

1. A fatal hardware error has occurred on Event Viewer - Similar Threads - fatal hardware error

2. WHEA-Logger Event "A fatal hardware error has occurred. " Event ID 16

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WHEA-Logger Event "A fatal hardware error has occurred. " Event ID 16: Hello,I'm having a hard time solving this issue even after looking for the issue on multple websites.My PC Keeps getting black screen and then just reboting doens't matter what i'm doing watching youtube or playing game's. Every time i start my pc back up that error is there....
  3. WHEA-Logger Event "A fatal hardware error has occurred. " Event ID 16

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WHEA-Logger Event "A fatal hardware error has occurred. " Event ID 16: Hello,I'm having a hard time solving this issue even after looking for the issue on multple websites.My PC Keeps getting black screen and then just reboting doens't matter what i'm doing watching youtube or playing game's. Every time i start my pc back up that error is there....
  4. WHEA-Logger Event "A fatal hardware error has occurred. " Event ID 16

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. A FATAL HARDWARE ERROR HAS OCCURED

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A FATAL HARDWARE ERROR HAS OCCURED: Hi i have received the following message in my System area of Microsoft Event Viewer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/a-fatal-hardware-error-has-occured/40b9d200-855e-44c2-b8cd-3965b30d37d5
  6. A FATAL HARDWARE ERROR HAS OCCURED

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    A FATAL HARDWARE ERROR HAS OCCURED: Hi i have received the following message in my System area of Microsoft Event Viewer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/a-fatal-hardware-error-has-occured/40b9d200-855e-44c2-b8cd-3965b30d37d5
  7. A FATAL HARDWARE ERROR HAS OCCURED

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. A fatal hardware error occurred.

A fatal hardware error occurred.: My systems seems to crash without a blue screen, and only when i am using google chrome for an extended period of time, and when playing Red Dead Redemption 2, I also consitently get the warning message: A corrected hardware error has occurred. Reported by component:...
  9. WHEA Logger Event ID 1, A fatal hardware error has occurred

WHEA Logger Event ID 1, A fatal hardware error has occurred: Hi, I'm having this error since built this PC almost two months ago and it always happens while playing games. Tested with VALORANT, Genshin Impact and SQUAD. Already ran stress tests on CPU and RAMs using Intel Processor Diagnostic Tool Burn In Test, Prime95 3 hours in...
  10. WHEA-Logger A fatal hardware error has occurred...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    WHEA-Logger A fatal hardware error has occurred...: ...A record describing the condition is contained in the data section of this event. I want to know how to decode the RawData numbers in this error. Please don't tell me how to fix it or what could be causing it or try to troubleshoot, or ask me whether or not I'm having...