Windows 10: A Faulty Windows File Explorer *Slow*

Discus and support A Faulty Windows File Explorer *Slow* in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, this is actually my first time writing here so I hope you understand if I made any mistakes. So starting off, I'd like to report a problem... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Daryll0503, May 28, 2020.

1. A Faulty Windows File Explorer *Slow*

Hi, this is actually my first time writing here so I hope you understand if I made any mistakes.

So starting off, I'd like to report a problem regarding to File Explorer.

It seems to run smoothly, opening folders, searching etc.

But the problem starts really, whenever I turn my computer on. Once I signed in, The Desktop Background or the photograph was there. But the thumbnails, icons were missing. The Taskbar is not responding. But after a while, minutes the icons would appear. It appears my File Explorer is running quite slowly. Opening programs like, a Game, It took 10 minutes to run it. I seemed to be troubled by it, I did my best resolving the problems by reading solutions through the net but to no avail. This problem happened 2 days ago, 26th of May 2020. Before that, everything runs smoothly. And I don't recall installing or downloading any programs at all.

I tried:

• Resetting File Explorer through Task Manager, It ends the same way. Slow.
    • System File Checker, It detected some faulty files and fixed them. It didn't work as well, the problem persist.
    • A Full Virus Scan with Avira, it detected two new virus named 'Isass.exe' from Temp files, schost.exe as well. As far as I know, the original files like Isass.exe is located in the System32. I had them deleted from Quarantine. And like the others, no avail.
    • I deleted the files in %AppData%\Microsoft\Windows\Recent\AutomaticDestinations.
    • I deleted and rebuild the index. Through indexing options/settings.
    • Open File Explorer to: This PC. I also cleared the File Explorer History.
    • I updated from 1903 to 1909.
    • I used Malwarebytes to scan the system.
    • I also tried disabling the Windows Search Service System.

So yeah, I'm in a bit of a trouble. I would like to add, that refreshing, it takes long as well.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!

:)

Daryll0503, May 28, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 28, 2020
  3. Windows 10 file explorer very slow (working on it...) issue

This seemed to help. Time will tell. It certainly is more helpful and practical than the suggestion to end toe Explorer task and start a new one.

SamMcSpadden, May 28, 2020
  4. Frick Win User

A Faulty Windows File Explorer *Slow*

Windows Explorer Replacement?

I don't use Internet Explorer, I meant the thing where you can look at files etc. Hotkey Windows+E. Maybe it's the wrong name in english though. *Stick Out Tongue A Faulty Windows File Explorer *Slow* :p

Frick, May 28, 2020
Thema:

A Faulty Windows File Explorer *Slow*

1. A Faulty Windows File Explorer *Slow* - Similar Threads - Faulty File Explorer

2. file explorer loading slow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    file explorer loading slow: whenever i wanna open up a file on my pc the file takes a long time to open I've checked for viruses and memory leaks i cant figure out what is cause it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-loading-slow/82a7795c-5021-494a-8798-c24ac7d4c4a4
  3. Windows Explorer slow to select a file

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Explorer slow to select a file: When selecting a file, in Windows Explorer, the blue donut, is displayed for about 7 seconds, before the file can be opened. See image below. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-explorer-slow-to-select-a-file/334d8005-46a8-4670-94f3-850e3120178c
  4. Windows Explorer slow to select a file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Explorer slow to select a file: When selecting a file, in Windows Explorer, the blue donut, is displayed for about 7 seconds, before the file can be opened. See image below. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-explorer-slow-to-select-a-file/334d8005-46a8-4670-94f3-850e3120178c
  5. Windows Explorer slow to select a file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. File Explorer Extremely Slow!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer Extremely Slow!: Hello, From 13th November, my laptop has become slower in the case of file explorer. I have even attached an image: I think that this might be because of the Update I made that day. It was working just normal on the 12th, I remember. And, there is a video in my Downloads...
  7. File Explorer Extremely Slow!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer Extremely Slow!: Hello, From 13th November, my laptop has become slower in the case of file explorer. I have even attached an image: I think that this might be because of the Update I made that day. It was working just normal on the 12th, I remember. And, there is a video in my Downloads...
  8. File explorer slow and not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File explorer slow and not working: Hi, When I go on to file explorer it loads up fine, however none of the files and documents and such have icons, its just the blank page icon as if the file explorer doesnt know what kind of file it is. Then i close file explorer abd open it again and it doesnt show...
  9. Windows explorer slow file search

in Cortana
    Windows explorer slow file search: The search file option on windows explorer is very slow and basic. Basically it has to be rebuilt and made more powerful, like some third party file search software full of options....
  10. File Explorer slow to appear

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer slow to appear: i'm running build 17763.437 but i believe this problem i've seen in earlier builds too. sometimes File Explorer appears not to open when i click on the app's icon that i have pinned to the start pg. but it does open if i then just click on the start button in the bottom left...