Windows 10: A fetal error occurred processing the restoration data.

Discus and support A fetal error occurred processing the restoration data. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello ,Today when I tried to start my computer from hibernation, it stucked on windows log, so I shouted down the computer by pressing the power button... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by AliMozaffari1, Sep 6, 2020.

1. A fetal error occurred processing the restoration data.

Hello ,Today when I tried to start my computer from hibernation, it stucked on windows log, so I shouted down the computer by pressing the power button and then when I tried to start it again the recovery error page appeared contained the A fetal error occurred processing the restoration data

File:hiberfil.sys

I searched for solution for solving this problem on the internet and the solution seems to be accessing the cmd and then turn off the hibernation mode and restart the computer then deleting the hibernation file and turning it on again. But now my problem is that, when I press the F8 key to enter into Startup setting to access the cmd, the error page appears again and again, and there is no way for me to access the cmd. The op system is windows 10

I will appreciate any help.

Thank you

:)

AliMozaffari1, Sep 6, 2020
  2. rkpandey Win User

Unable to restore backup

Yes, Nokia PC ovi suite found the backup taken by Nokia PC suite and most of the data has been restored also.

But when the restoration reach at 59% (progress shown while restoring the data), mobile get restarted and disconnected by PC, and when we see the report, it shows that a fetal error has occured and restore process has not been completed.

If we reconnet the PC and mobile, same process we have to do again and same error appears again

rkpandey, Sep 6, 2020
  3. error 0x8024402f and "Fetal error - Cortana and start menu can't start"

My windows update gave error 0x8024402f two days ago and since then I occasionally getting "Fetal error - Cortana and start menu can't start "

upon search it looks like I have problem with my .net framwork (which maybe a wrong conclusion by me).

I did following steps:

Used Windows Update Troubleshooter for a systematic check. Got
    " Problems found - service registration is missing of corrupt - not fixed"
    (all the post about this problem and solution is for tech preview, not the final release.)

Tried to manually remove .net framework 4.5.2 hotfix rollup (KB3022670) which is the only .net framework showing in "programs and features" menu. Got
    ".net 4.5 is already a part of this OS but it's turned off. To turn it on go to turn on/off windows features". I tried to do that but there is no .net 4.5 but has .net 4.6 which is already
    turned on .

I also tried to remove KB3037581, KB3035490, and KB3023224 from "installed update" menu they also show the same message as above with additional dialog box saying
    "Fetal error during installation"

Now the "Fetal error - Cortana and start menu can't start " resolve temporarily after a few restart but occur again after some time(not during the continuous use but after shut down and boot again in other time, not always but sometime)

Please advise me about what to do. BTW my OS is windows 10 pro (10.0.10240.16413)

Thanks in advance

NavonilMukherjee, Sep 6, 2020
  4. KieX Win User

A fetal error occurred processing the restoration data.

Error: No work available to process

Hmm. Either it's put out errors and WCG is limiting the work units available, or the project list may not be set to supply other WU when one runs out. (if the problem lies here and not on your end)

On the options to your left, if you go into Results Status, select the computer from Device Name and then look through results see if either they were returned late, errors or any other kind of issue that would stop the servers supplying WU from that perspective.

If there are no errors then it's maybe down to your project list. So selecting Device Manager from the left menu and then clicking on the profile assigned to that computer and make sure that it's assigned to receive WU for other projects if they run out.

At least those steps will rule out problems from the WCG end.

KieX, Sep 6, 2020
Thema:

A fetal error occurred processing the restoration data.

1. A fetal error occurred processing the restoration data. - Similar Threads - fetal error occurred

2. A JavaScript error occurred in the main process

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    A JavaScript error occurred in the main process: After the recent Windows 11 update I get the following errors. Some programs are now refusing to open. I made a new user account with admin rights but got an error as well.How to fix that before wiping everything for the last effort? Thanks....
  3. A Javascript error occurred in the main process

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A Javascript error occurred in the main process: My ACCA remote exam is on this Friday. I need to pass the Mandatory system test of Onvue app. Unfortunately, I failed it and this app gave me this kind of error. What should I do?...
  4. A Javascript error occurred in the main process

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    A Javascript error occurred in the main process: My ACCA remote exam is on this Friday. I need to pass the Mandatory system test of Onvue app. Unfortunately, I failed it and this app gave me this kind of error. What should I do?...
  5. A Javascript error occurred in the main process

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. A JavaScript error occurred in the main process

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A JavaScript error occurred in the main process: Hello:I just recently installed Windows 11 on my laptop. Now, when I open my SiriusXM app, I get the attached error message. The app works fine once I click "OK", but the message is annoying. Is there any way to fix the error?Thank you....
  7. A JavaScript error occurred in the main process

A JavaScript error occurred in the main process: Please help; I have uninstalled Discord app but keep getting the following error when I switch on my computer: A JavaScript error occurred in the main process Uncaught Exception: Error: Cannot find Module...
  8. A javascript error occurred in the main process

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    A javascript error occurred in the main process: For the last couple of days my computer will restart involuntarily and I will be prompted with this error. Does anyone know what it is or how to fix it? [ATTACH]...
  9. a javascript error occured in main process

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    a javascript error occured in main process: I have started getting this error it contains Discord in the verbiage at the same time my outlook is getting stuck in sending out emails are these two connected? How do I fix this error?...
  10. A JavaScript error occurred in the main process

A JavaScript error occurred in the main process: A JavaScript error occurred in the main process [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/a-javascript-error-occurred-in-the-main-process/23d7f982-75de-4457-8d0e-13ff3141c902

Users found this page by searching for:

1. KB3022670