Windows 10: A few apps aren’t working

Discus and support A few apps aren’t working in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Facebook, Instagram and Twitter are not working on my PC with Windows 10. I know that my parents did something so that I won’t be able to use these... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Christelle Drelangue, Oct 30, 2018.

1. A few apps aren’t working

Facebook, Instagram and Twitter are not working on my PC with Windows 10. I know that my parents did something so that I won’t be able to use these websites. When I log in, it sends me 'URL Request Timed out'

:)

Christelle Drelangue, Oct 30, 2018
  2. diego Win User

Icons from apps aren´t displayed correctly

A few apps aren’t working [​IMG]

The native apps from the system are all showing this strange square instead of the normal icons. Please help resolve this problem. Thanks

diego, Oct 30, 2018
  3. Icons from apps aren´t displayed correctly

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query at Microsoft community.

Do the apps work fine apart form the icons not displaying correctly? If so I would suggest you to run an SFC scan and check if it helps. If the issue persists you may run DISM command and check.

Follow this steps:

• Press Windows+X.

• Click on Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type the command SFC /SCANNOW and
        DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth and hit
        Enter.
    Hope the information provided was helpful and do let us know if you need any assistance in the future. We will be glad to help.

Rohit Chettri, Oct 30, 2018
  4. A few apps aren’t working

run apps off a USB drive?

There`s like a whole website for this kind of thing. I tried it and some apps work OK eg. Vlc player.Other apps like Opera aren`t rly worth it.

francis511, Oct 30, 2018
Thema:

A few apps aren’t working

1. A few apps aren’t working - Similar Threads - few apps aren’t

2. Why aren’t my earbuds working?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why aren’t my earbuds working?: I tried hooking these earbuds up to my Windows 11 laptop and when I play audio it plays through the speakers on my laptop, is there a way to fix this? These earbuds are Apple brand....
  3. Why aren’t my earbuds working?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why aren’t my earbuds working?: I tried hooking these earbuds up to my Windows 11 laptop and when I play audio it plays through the speakers on my laptop, is there a way to fix this? These earbuds are Apple brand....
  4. My Headphones aren’t working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Headphones aren’t working: I’m on a laptop.When I plug my headphones in the headphone jack, I can hear a small static coming from them, however if I try to, let’s say, watch a YouTube video or something similar, there will be no sound. The computer detects my device and I have checked in device manager...
  5. My Headphones aren’t working

My Headphones aren’t working: I’m on a laptop.When I plug my headphones in the headphone jack, I can hear a small static coming from them, however if I try to, let’s say, watch a YouTube video or something similar, there will be no sound. The computer detects my device and I have checked in device manager...
  6. My Admin Credentials Aren’t Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Admin Credentials Aren’t Working: To summarise my situation I performed a clean boot. When I opened up my PC it told me to enter my admin credentials as expected so I entered it, but the same message just popped up again. So I entered the password again which didn’t work. I then created another administrator...
  7. My Admin Credentials Aren’t Working

My Admin Credentials Aren’t Working: To summarise my situation I performed a clean boot. When I opened up my PC it told me to enter my admin credentials as expected so I entered it, but the same message just popped up again. So I entered the password again which didn’t work. I then created another administrator...
  8. My Admin Credentials Aren’t Working

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. WiFi drivers aren’t working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WiFi drivers aren’t working: I had some wifi issues, so i uninstalled the wifi adapter to reset the wifi. I regret that desicion. Ive reseted my pc, done basically done anything and everything i can think of. I need help...
  10. Drivers aren’t working properly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Drivers aren’t working properly: While trying to connect a phone to my laptop, I took the advice from someone online to get it to connect. It didn’t work and I cannot remember what settings I changed. Since then every time I start up my laptop my drivers don’t work and I have to manually update them every...