Windows 10: A few DISM questions

Discus and support A few DISM questions in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; A few Desktop shortcuts are blank, so I tried running DISM What is the average time for a scan to complete on a 2TB HDD? (mine took 10min.) 100% "No... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by sadicus, Feb 27, 2019.

1. sadicus Win User

A few DISM questions

A few Desktop shortcuts are blank, so I tried running DISM

• What is the average time for a scan to complete on a 2TB HDD? (mine took 10min.)
      100% "No component store corruption detected."
    • How to cancel DISM one it's started?
    Admin Commands used:
    Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image/ScanHealth

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image/RestoreHealth

The shortcuts are not fixed.

:)

sadicus, Feb 27, 2019
  2. zbook Win User

Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, Feb 27, 2019
  3. RejZoR Win User
    How to get damn DISM to work?

Thx guys, I'll compress this data into a blog post. For all the so called guides I've read, not a single one mentioned it has to be WIM file (some listed even ESD which clearly doesn't work) or that certain ISO images don't work with DISM.

After I've done DISM thingie, SFC also managed to repair stuff. Which is what I've needed here.

RejZoR, Feb 27, 2019
  4. A few DISM questions

DISM - Parameter "Cleanup-Image" is not known (error 87)

Hello Eric,

To troubleshoot your concern, we suggest that you run DISM Restore Health command. Refer to the steps provided below:

• Open Command Prompt (Administrator).
    • Type the following command:
    DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

3. Press Enter.

Let us know how it goes.

Thank you.

Stephanie Sal, Feb 27, 2019
Thema:

A few DISM questions

1. A few DISM questions - Similar Threads - few DISM questions

2. Dism / Imaging question

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dism / Imaging question: Hello,Personally been a fun year so far, heart surgery, but on the job side I'm FINALLY somewhere where I'm loved and I love the people I'm with, plus I'm learning a crapton of stuff!Ok, a lot of that has delved into dism / imaging and powershell scripting. It really has been...
  3. DISM version question

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    DISM version question: I have a question regarding DISM.exeI've been experiencing some issues with my PC and ran:DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /RestorehealthWhen it runs, I see that the DISM version is 10.0.19041.844Under that, I see "Image Version 10.0.19044.1503" and it appears that it's...
  4. DISM version question

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DISM version question: I have a question regarding DISM.exeI've been experiencing some issues with my PC and ran:DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /RestorehealthWhen it runs, I see that the DISM version is 10.0.19041.844Under that, I see "Image Version 10.0.19044.1503" and it appears that it's...
  5. DISM Questions

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    DISM Questions: Greetings, i am just experimenting with DISM restorehealth booting from recovery meda for times when I am attempting to repair a non booting machine. I understand the WIM or ESD must be the same version as the offline OS but how would I find out what version is installed on...
  6. DISM Question - Silly question

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    DISM Question - Silly question: Hi Since I restored my notebook yesterday I decided to just run the sfc /scannow and the dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /scanhealth sfc /scannow runs fine and as expected nothing wrong, when running "dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /scanhealth" it just shows the version...
  7. A few questions

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    A few questions: Hi there! I am a 19-year old student studying Level 3 Print Media & Journalism in the UK, a Creative Media course. I recently purchased a HP Stream 11 laptop, which arrived yesterday. I bought it to do my college work during this period of all schools + colleges being...
  8. A few DISM questions

A few DISM questions: A few Desktop shortcuts are blank, so I tried running DISM What is the average time for a scan to complete on a 2TB HDD? (mine took 10min.) 100% "No component store corruption detected." How to cancel DISM one it's started? Admin Commands used: “Dism /Online...
  9. DISM Question

DISM Question: Hi. I was looking into DISM commands (I don't know much about them) to see if any would be beneficial after a fresh install of W10 with all updates. I came across this article by @EdTittel. Is this something a home user does not need to worry about? Are there any recommended...
  10. DISM question

DISM question: Awhile ago I downloaded ISO for win 10 - 64 bit English. I downloaded it from Tech Bench I successfully used it once. Today I had to fix whatever results I got from sfc and it gave me a message that cannot find source file. I downloaded a new ISO file and and it ran...