Windows 10: A few DISM questions

Discus and support A few DISM questions in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; A few Desktop shortcuts are blank, so I tried running DISM What is the average time for a scan to complete on a 2TB HDD? (mine took 10min.) 100% "No... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by sadicus, Feb 27, 2019.

1. sadicus Win User

A few DISM questions

A few Desktop shortcuts are blank, so I tried running DISM

• What is the average time for a scan to complete on a 2TB HDD? (mine took 10min.)
      100% "No component store corruption detected."
    • How to cancel DISM one it's started?
    Admin Commands used:
    Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image/ScanHealth

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image/RestoreHealth

The shortcuts are not fixed.

:)

sadicus, Feb 27, 2019
  2. zbook Win User

Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, Feb 27, 2019
  3. RejZoR Win User
    How to get damn DISM to work?

Thx guys, I'll compress this data into a blog post. For all the so called guides I've read, not a single one mentioned it has to be WIM file (some listed even ESD which clearly doesn't work) or that certain ISO images don't work with DISM.

After I've done DISM thingie, SFC also managed to repair stuff. Which is what I've needed here.

RejZoR, Feb 27, 2019
  4. A few DISM questions

DISM - Parameter "Cleanup-Image" is not known (error 87)

Hello Eric,

To troubleshoot your concern, we suggest that you run DISM Restore Health command. Refer to the steps provided below:

• Open Command Prompt (Administrator).
    • Type the following command:
    DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

3. Press Enter.

Let us know how it goes.

Thank you.

Stephanie Sal, Feb 27, 2019
Thema:

A few DISM questions

1. A few DISM questions - Similar Threads - few DISM questions

2. A few DISM questions

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    A few DISM questions: A few Desktop shortcuts are blank, so I tried running DISM What is the average time for a scan to complete on a 2TB HDD? (mine took 10min.) 100% "No component store corruption detected." How to cancel DISM one it's started? Admin Commands used: “Dism /Online...
  3. DISM Question

DISM Question: Hi. I was looking into DISM commands (I don't know much about them) to see if any would be beneficial after a fresh install of W10 with all updates. I came across this article by @EdTittel. Is this something a home user does not need to worry about? Are there any recommended...
  4. Few Windows 10 related questions

in Windows 10 Support
    Few Windows 10 related questions: Hello Guys, I've just recently upgraded to Win 10 from 8.1 and I have to say I am very impressed so far. When I purchased Windows 8 via the discount offer of £35 I was sent a serial number, I could read the serial number via Jelly Bean Keyfinder, when I installed Window...
  5. DISM question

DISM question: Awhile ago I downloaded ISO for win 10 - 64 bit English. I downloaded it from Tech Bench I successfully used it once. Today I had to fix whatever results I got from sfc and it gave me a message that cannot find source file. I downloaded a new ISO file and and it ran...
  6. Basic questions about DISM

Basic questions about DISM: My wife's laptop has a corruption that sfc /scannow could not fix so I am going to try DISM. But first I have some basic questions. (And please forgive any incorrect terminology in the questions.) Last Sept I used the MCT to build a USB flash memory with Win10 AU. I read...
  7. A few questions for decision to upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    A few questions for decision to upgrade: Currently, Win7 Pro on new laptop- I purchased a refurbished Lenovo T530 (replacing a limping 6-7 year old T61), 256GB SSD, 8GB RAM built 2012, Nvidia card, 15.6" FHD (1920x1080) NO TOUCH, Intel Core i5 3320M (2.60GHz). The machine config I wanted is not being produced yet...
  8. Upgrading to 10 soon, few questions

Upgrading to 10 soon, few questions: I'll be upgrading to Windows 10, from 8.1, tomorrow. But before I do it i'll backup everything I can to avoid losing anything important, and ask a few questions to you gusy who understand the matter way better than me: .I'm planning on using a bootable USB to perform a...
  9. A few upgrade questions

A few upgrade questions: I will be upgrading from 64-bit W8.1 Pro to 64-bit W10 Pro in the near future. A few questions:- 1) I run 64-bit W8.1 Pro on a ASUS P8Z77-V Deluxe motherboard. I dont have a graphics nor sound card since I use the on-board graphics and audio functions on the board....
  10. A few Brief Questions about W10

in Windows 10 Support
    A few Brief Questions about W10: 1. There is a search bar at the bottom of my computer. It says search the web and windows.......I don't want it there. How do I get rid of it ? 2. What is box ? I clicked it on but it won't open.....should I delete it ? I unpinned the games, groove music, sports,...