Windows 10: A few keys take time to respond when I start my laptop

Discus and support A few keys take time to respond when I start my laptop in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have been updating my laptop regularly whenever a new update comes out. But I noticed that after a certain update, it takes some time for certain... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Rose Din, Nov 16, 2018.

1. Rose Din Win User

A few keys take time to respond when I start my laptop

I have been updating my laptop regularly whenever a new update comes out. But I noticed that after a certain update, it takes some time for certain keys to respond to my typing. When I barely turn on my laptop, access it again after letting it sleep for a while, or just not touch my keyboard for a long time, certain keys would take a really long time to respond. I would either have to tap it multiple times or hold the key down for a while. It is strange because it is not doing this for my entire keyboard. Only my "7", "u", and "m" keys have this issue when my laptop is just starting up or waking up after me being away from it for a while. I am worried that these 3 keys would stop working altogether one day. Also, I have already checked that Filter Keys is off so I do not think Filter Keys is the issue. Anyone have any tips on how to deal with this? Thanks.

:)

Rose Din, Nov 16, 2018

2. Start/chrome/anything and it takes forever to load and cursor is slow at responding at times.

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Windows has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with system. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your System Maintenance.

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.
    • Run the System Maintenance troubleshooter.

Method 2: I suggest you to start you system in safe mode and check if the issue persist or not.

• To start your system in safe mode follow the below steps:
    • Press and hold Shift key and restart your Computer.
    • Select Troubleshoot.
    • Select Advance Option.
    • Select Startup Settings.
    • Follow the on Screen instruction.

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Nov 16, 2018
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond A few keys take time to respond when I start my laptop :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Nov 16, 2018
  4. A few keys take time to respond when I start my laptop

My right laptop key (laptops key) was continuously get pressed without my touch..but now it's not responding.

My right laptop key (laptops key) was continuously get pressed without my touch..but now it's not responding.. what is the problem behind this..

Please suggest some thing.

winkigreen, Nov 16, 2018
Thema:

A few keys take time to respond when I start my laptop

1. A few keys take time to respond when I start my laptop - Similar Threads - few keys respond

2. Why does my laptop takes time to respond?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my laptop takes time to respond?: Hello,Could anyone please help me understand why sometimes my laptop takes too long to respond? I thought it was because i had updates to make so I did them all but even thought sometimes it still takes alot to make a task open chrome or something.. I opened task manager and...
  3. Why does my laptop takes time to respond?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does my laptop takes time to respond?: Hello,Could anyone please help me understand why sometimes my laptop takes too long to respond? I thought it was because i had updates to make so I did them all but even thought sometimes it still takes alot to make a task open chrome or something.. I opened task manager and...
  4. Why does my laptop takes time to respond?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. My win11 laptop starts dimmed and takes a few minutes to connect to the wifi.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My win11 laptop starts dimmed and takes a few minutes to connect to the wifi.: I have an ASUS ROG Strix Scar 15, and recently whenever I boot it, it starts with the display dimmed and unavailable networks. After a few minutes it undims and connects to the internet automatically. It's running on performance power mode so I don't think that's the problem...
  6. My win11 laptop starts dimmed and takes a few minutes to connect to the wifi.

My win11 laptop starts dimmed and takes a few minutes to connect to the wifi.: I have an ASUS ROG Strix Scar 15, and recently whenever I boot it, it starts with the display dimmed and unavailable networks. After a few minutes it undims and connects to the internet automatically. It's running on performance power mode so I don't think that's the problem...
  7. certain keys on my laptop are not responding

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    certain keys on my laptop are not responding: hello my hp laptops keys have stopped working. specifically the w, r, o, p, and backspace. i’ve tried the device manager thing and uninstalling and reinstalling the keyboard and i’ve restarted it quite a few times now. it doesn’t seem to be responsive since normally the keys...
  8. when i start the laptop the boot menu again and again and then it take recovery key of...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    when i start the laptop the boot menu again and again and then it take recovery key of...: actually when i on my laptop its opens boot menu and after 3 to 4 times open boot menu it takes recovery key of bitlocker from me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-start-the-laptop-the-boot-menu-again-and/5056c5ef-fa00-4905-a07e-0ff06f64758b
  9. when i start the laptop the boot menu again and again and then it take recovery key of...

when i start the laptop the boot menu again and again and then it take recovery key of...: actually when i on my laptop its opens boot menu and after 3 to 4 times open boot menu it takes recovery key of bitlocker from me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-start-the-laptop-the-boot-menu-again-and/5056c5ef-fa00-4905-a07e-0ff06f64758b
  10. Programs Take a Few Seconds to Start

Programs Take a Few Seconds to Start: Over the past few weeks I've noticed that when I launch programs (no matter what it is) it takes about 5 seconds to appear. For example, I use VLC media player for videos; music; etc. If I launch it (whether just the program or directly via a file) it won't appear for a few...