Windows 10: A few problems with my Windows 10 install

Discus and support A few problems with my Windows 10 install in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I recently upgraded to Windows 10 Pro from 7 Ultimate (clean install), and I've been having some issues that I was hoping to get some insight into:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by danageis, Aug 13, 2015.

1. danageis Win User

A few problems with my Windows 10 install

I recently upgraded to Windows 10 Pro from 7 Ultimate (clean install), and I've been having some issues that I was hoping to get some insight into:

1. My computer reboots about half of the time when I try to shutdown from Windows. I have turned fast boot off.

2. My computer doesn't seem to want to wake from sleep from Windows 10. When sleeping, moving the mouse/keyboard will wake the monitors, keyboard, etc., but just results in a black screen with nothing happening. The HDD light will occasionally be active in this state, but the computer is otherwise unresponsive (tried Ctrl+Shift+ESC, Ctrl+Alt+Delete).

3. *EDIT* I get strange graphics glitches while inside of the desktop, in the form of flickering when aero (not sure if that's the right word anymore?) graphics are changing. For example, I have the background set to slide show, and when the desktop background changes i get flickering (kind of looks like screen tear) across the desktop/taskbar until the transition changes, or when I do things like Alt+Tab or Win+Tab.
    *EDIT* - Seems to be fixed! Saw nVidia had new drivers, used DDU in safe mode to uninstall nVidia AND intel drivers, and rebooted with manual install of new drivers *Smile

4. I am also getting frequent annoying popups about antispyware... they make the chime but the notification disappears quickly on the bottom right. The popups say something to the effect of "antispyware disabled", I use bitdefender but have tried with other free AV's with the same results.

I would appreciate any insight into this issues. I do realize that this is new OS and that bugs come with the territory, but I haven't seen much online about the issues I am having, has anyone else experienced them or found fixes?

Some of these seem like a hardware problem to me, however I also have OSX 10.10 and OpenSUSE running on my PC without issue, which makes me think this is something to do with drivers I have installed or Windows 10 itself.

As far as my system, I have windows installed in UEFI mode, running through Clover UEFI bootloader. As far as I know this should not affect the installation, as Clover is just chainloading the normal microsoft .efi file to boot into Windows 10.

Any help is greatly appreciated, I can also provide any more information that would be helpful. Thank you *Smile

:)

danageis, Aug 13, 2015

2. Having a few problems with my new Lumia 800 Please help!

If I were you I'd take it back immediately to wherever you bought it from. It basically doesn't work from your description of what it's doing.

caitlin1759, Aug 13, 2015
  3. decz2004 Win User
    Having a few problems with my new Lumia 800 Please help!

Hi there I got my new nokia lumia 800 just over a month ago, And the main problems I am having with it is when I phone someone my screen goes completely blank I can't hang up I can't do anything so if the person doesn't answer I have to wait until it rings
    out as my phone seems to completely freeze It is so annoying! And the second problem is if I switch the phone off I can't get the thing back on again unless I plus it into a computer?? Again it is very frustrating! I have never had problems like this with
    any other make of phone I have had! I really don't know what to do about it, I hope someone might know what the problem could be?? Thanks

decz2004, Aug 13, 2015
Thema:

A few problems with my Windows 10 install

1. A few problems with my Windows 10 install - Similar Threads - few problems install

2. bootcamp Windows 10 having a few weird problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    bootcamp Windows 10 having a few weird problems: Now I wouldn't exactly call them problems but they do disturb me a bit, for some reason the windows activation thing doesn't appear on the bottom right when I start my laptop up but does after a while and the loading thing for when I'm shutting down/restarting my laptop...
  3. bootcamp Windows 10 having a few weird problems

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    bootcamp Windows 10 having a few weird problems: Now I wouldn't exactly call them problems but they do disturb me a bit, for some reason the windows activation thing doesn't appear on the bottom right when I start my laptop up but does after a while and the loading thing for when I'm shutting down/restarting my laptop...
  4. Few problems with sidebar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Few problems with sidebar: Hello, everyone! I was a little refused to update on Windows 11, but today I take the jump.I have a few problems that I want to try resolve, one particularly since W10 that made me keep the system in English and now with the update I try to switch back to Spanish.Well, the...
  5. Few problems with sidebar

Few problems with sidebar: Hello, everyone! I was a little refused to update on Windows 11, but today I take the jump.I have a few problems that I want to try resolve, one particularly since W10 that made me keep the system in English and now with the update I try to switch back to Spanish.Well, the...
  6. having a few problems with my pc

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    having a few problems with my pc: Getting a bunch of problems with my build I copy pasted this and edited some of the info to fit into this community I recently just built a pc and it's running into some problems... Specs are: i5-4570 gtx 750 ti 2 sticks of DDR3 4gb 1600mhz total 8gb 750 watt psu Msi...
  7. A few serious problems

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    A few serious problems: sooo i got a few serious problems that i can't fix them and i really need help soo i hope u will do :' sorry it's french i don't know even how to change the lang to english :/ oke let's see 1 - the windows defender [ATTACH] when i tap in Activate it won't activate idk...
  8. Problem With a few programs.

Problem With a few programs.: OS : Windows 10 Home 64bit The problem is when I try to open some programs. For example : CIGPatcher/StarCitizenLauncher, Origin, MalwareBytes and a few others I can not remember off the top of my head, They will 'open' with no window. But Task manager says they are 'open'...
  9. Few problems in installing windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Few problems in installing windows 10: I currently have windows 7 Enterprise SP1 (32-bit) on my laptop and I intend to upgrade to Windows 10. How to do that ? As far as I know, there is no windows 10 update for windows 7 enterprise ! Please help. Do I need to install windows 7 Pro/Windows 8 Pro first and then...
  10. A few problems with Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Support
    A few problems with Windows 10.: I'll start at the beginning. As soon as I log on, I get a notification stating that I 'can't connect to the windows server' and this prevents standard users from logging in. Not really sure what this means, but it seems to have no impact on anything, I can use my PC as...