Windows 10: A few questions about Windows Sandbox feature

Discus and support A few questions about Windows Sandbox feature in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; * I don't know if this is an appropriate place to write questions about the Windows Sandbox feature or it is not I heard that there is a Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Abdulqadir Aliyev, Feb 1, 2023.

1. A few questions about Windows Sandbox feature

* I don't know if this is an appropriate place to write questions about the Windows Sandbox feature or it is not I heard that there is a Windows Sandbox, which is similar to a virtual machine - an isolation of the current operating system, where I can do anything with it that comes first to my mind. For example, let's say I download an installer but I think it is malicious, and so I just open Windows Sandbox and run it there first. The Windows Sandbox is perfect for me, because I am also developing some applications and I might need to test them, so I just test them on a Windows Sandbox firs

:)

Abdulqadir Aliyev, Feb 1, 2023
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Sandbox Feature

Hi Ayoub,

Please follow the steps on the link below to ensure you have enabled the other features like Virtualization for the Sandbox functionality to work.

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/secur...

DaveM121, Feb 1, 2023
  3. Naresh_K Win User
    windows sandbox Not working

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

There is a possibility that the feature is corrupted or not set up properly. I would advise you to disable Windows Sandbox first and then enable it. Please follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Open Control Panel.
    2. Then click on all Control Panel Items.
    3. Then click on Programs and features.
    4. Then on the left hand side, click on Turn Windows features on or off.
    5. Then uncheck the option: Windows Sandbox.
    6. Then restart your computer.
    7. After restart, please enable it and check if the sandbox is working.

Also make sure that you meet all the requirements for Windows Sandbox.

Regards,

Naresh_K, Feb 1, 2023
  4. Naresh_K Win User

A few questions about Windows Sandbox feature

Microsoft sandbox stoped working

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please be informed that our developer team is aware of the issues with Sandbox and is working on resolving it. We do not have an ETA as of now, however I encourage you to send a feedback to our developer team via
    Feedback hub. As a suggestion you can try disabling and enabling
    the sandbox to check if that works. Please follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Open Control Panel.
    2. Then click on all Control Panel Items.
    3. Then click on Programs and features.
    4. Then on the left hand side, click on Turn Windows features on or off.
    5. Then uncheck the option: Windows Sandbox.
    6. Then restart your computer.
    7. After restart, please enable it and check if the sandbox is working.

Also make sure that you meet all the requirements for Windows Sandbox.
    Your patience and understanding will be appreciated in this matter.

Regards

Naresh_K, Feb 1, 2023
Thema:

A few questions about Windows Sandbox feature

1. A few questions about Windows Sandbox feature - Similar Threads - few questions Sandbox

2. Question about AppLocker features

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Question about AppLocker features: I received a stopcode_died error message after setting msconfig to safe mode boot. I had changed some settings directly in applocker>packaged app rules, through the group policy manager as the owner of the computer workstation. What I want to know is what bootup and login...
  3. Question about AppLocker features

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Question about AppLocker features: I received a stopcode_died error message after setting msconfig to safe mode boot. I had changed some settings directly in applocker>packaged app rules, through the group policy manager as the owner of the computer workstation. What I want to know is what bootup and login...
  4. Question about AppLocker features

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. A few questions about Windows Sandbox feature

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A few questions about Windows Sandbox feature: * I don't know if this is an appropriate place to write questions about the Windows Sandbox feature or it is not I heard that there is a Windows Sandbox, which is similar to a virtual machine - an isolation of the current operating system, where I can do anything with it that...
  6. A few questions about Windows Sandbox feature

in Windows 10 Customization
    A few questions about Windows Sandbox feature: * I don't know if this is an appropriate place to write questions about the Windows Sandbox feature or it is not I heard that there is a Windows Sandbox, which is similar to a virtual machine - an isolation of the current operating system, where I can do anything with it that...
  7. Question about few windows 10 services.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Question about few windows 10 services.: Hi. Which service or process in windows 10 is stubbornly re-enabling the following services that I permanently disabled : -WaaSMedicSvc, -UsoSvc, -wuauserv ? I am well aware that upon normal circumstances these services should be running, however my PC is a "special case"...
  8. A few questions about reinstalling Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    A few questions about reinstalling Windows 10: Ahoy Windows 10 folks! So as the title says, I'm going to be reinstalling Windows 10 completely (planning to do so tomorrow). What I bought (about 1 year ago, when I built this PC) is a full "Retail" version of Windows 10 Home, which came in the form of the little white box...
  9. question about windows 10 sandbox

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    question about windows 10 sandbox: If you remove sanbox from control panels/ programs and features, will your installed programs in sanbox space be also deleted, or stay there ? 145189
  10. Questions about windows features

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Questions about windows features: I have a few questions about windows features. What is ready boost and how does it work? What would happen if I have to replace the device that I am using for ready boost? Does windows warn me if a device I am using for ready boost is about to fail? Does windows warn me...