Windows 10: A few questions

Discus and support A few questions in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi there! I am a 19-year old student studying Level 3 Print Media & Journalism in the UK, a Creative Media course. I recently purchased a HP... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by LiamWarren2000, Mar 27, 2020.

1. A few questions

Hi there!

I am a 19-year old student studying Level 3 Print Media & Journalism in the UK, a Creative Media course.

I recently purchased a HP Stream 11 laptop, which arrived yesterday. I bought it to do my college work during this period of all schools + colleges being closed during this worldwide corona virus pandemic at home.

It came already in S Mode, which is when the laptop was performing fine. Because I'm not a child and should be working towards a Level 3 qualification.

I had to switch out of it because I have to install and use Adobe programs such as Photoshop and InDesign to create and do parts of my work because, as mentioned above, I'm a Creative Media student and since then I have low disk space which even after running disk clean-up and uninstalling pre-installed apps I had no intention of using and deleting temporary files whose space I can't free up only have 257 MB free at time of writing, the icons which are apps pinned at the bottom of the screen the toolbar. I even ran a command prompt scan check and it said there has been no system violations or whatever the frack it said. Also, McAfee is taking forever to install despite saying it'll only take about 20 minutes.

By the way, the only icons showing in the toolbar are the Documents, Task View and McAfee icons at time of writing.

Basically, I have no idea how to fix all of this and need some advice which will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

:)

LiamWarren2000, Mar 27, 2020

2. Local account installation question

I'm fairly certain that Skip this step was available in 10.0.130 - the workaround in Step 20 (back button) is no longer required.

The currently known, as of 10.0.130, ways to create a Local account sign-in are
    • Skip this step at the MS account creation phase
    • No Internet connection during the install
    • static IP (post# 2 by Fragment) - New (to me anyway)

Slartybart, Mar 27, 2020
  3. Shuyin03 Win User
    New here and seeking for help: problems with graphic card

Thanks very much lilhasselhoffer. I'll start doing what you suggested step by step.

One question thou: you suggested me to Download the latest driver package from Nvidea. However, the link you posted is for the newly released GeForce GTX 760? Am I supposed to download the drivers for that card?

Sorry for my questions. As I said, I'm not an expert at all.

Shuyin03, Mar 27, 2020
  4. Boatvan Win User

A few questions

Did our Epson printer get hacked?

Another question, is this on a home network or a work network? The steps @eidairaman1 listed are always a good first step. If this is on a work network you manage, I'd be much more concerned than the home one. It is possible someone is screwing with you, but malware could also be the culprit.

Boatvan, Mar 27, 2020
Thema:

A few questions

1. A few questions - Similar Threads - few questions

2. I have a few questions.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a few questions.: First, should I turn AMD tessellation setting to overide, and set max level to 0 for global settings? I've heard a lot of people say it helps in games, but I want to know if I should do it for my whole pc. Second, should I turn on Nvidia low latency or AMD Anti-lag for my...
  3. I have a few questions.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have a few questions.: First, should I turn AMD tessellation setting to overide, and set max level to 0 for global settings? I've heard a lot of people say it helps in games, but I want to know if I should do it for my whole pc. Second, should I turn on Nvidia low latency or AMD Anti-lag for my...
  4. A few questions about Windows Sandbox feature

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A few questions about Windows Sandbox feature: * I don't know if this is an appropriate place to write questions about the Windows Sandbox feature or it is not I heard that there is a Windows Sandbox, which is similar to a virtual machine - an isolation of the current operating system, where I can do anything with it that...
  5. A few questions about Windows Sandbox feature

A few questions about Windows Sandbox feature: * I don't know if this is an appropriate place to write questions about the Windows Sandbox feature or it is not I heard that there is a Windows Sandbox, which is similar to a virtual machine - an isolation of the current operating system, where I can do anything with it that...
  6. A few questions about Windows Sandbox feature

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. I have a few questions to ask about using external SSD and Microsd card + duo=link reader

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a few questions to ask about using external SSD and Microsd card + duo=link reader: Hello i how i can get 2 answers so i will know what to do when i buy either 1 of those devices. I want to tell you my ssd memory on laptop is full and i want to download a few games. can i buy a external SSD harddrive and use a USB wire so the External SSD to download games...
  8. I have a few questions to ask about using external SSD and Microsd card + duo=link reader

I have a few questions to ask about using external SSD and Microsd card + duo=link reader: Hello i how i can get 2 answers so i will know what to do when i buy either 1 of those devices. I want to tell you my ssd memory on laptop is full and i want to download a few games. can i buy a external SSD harddrive and use a USB wire so the External SSD to download games...
  9. A FEW MORE QUESTIONS ABOUT A WINDOWS 11 FULL UPGRADE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A FEW MORE QUESTIONS ABOUT A WINDOWS 11 FULL UPGRADE: Questions: my current system is Windows 10 Home, and I want to make a full upgradeDo all apps on a Windows 11 Win11 system have to be 64-bit?Also, if I upgrade to Win11, will I also have to upgrade Visual Studio 2019 to VS 2022? Windows 10 version 1703 is listed as the...
  10. A FEW MORE QUESTIONS ABOUT A WINDOWS 11 FULL UPGRADE

A FEW MORE QUESTIONS ABOUT A WINDOWS 11 FULL UPGRADE: Questions: my current system is Windows 10 Home, and I want to make a full upgradeDo all apps on a Windows 11 Win11 system have to be 64-bit?Also, if I upgrade to Win11, will I also have to upgrade Visual Studio 2019 to VS 2022? Windows 10 version 1703 is listed as the...