Windows 10: A few quirky problems after migrating from W7 to Windows 10

Discus and support A few quirky problems after migrating from W7 to Windows 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi everyone - long time lurker, first time poster (So be gentle!) I have recently moved from Windows 7 to Windows 10, using the free upgrade... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ValiantSaint, Jun 14, 2016.

1. A few quirky problems after migrating from W7 to Windows 10

Hi everyone - long time lurker, first time poster (So be gentle!)

I have recently moved from Windows 7 to Windows 10, using the free upgrade offered on the taskbar. However, I don't seem to have a working Start Menu (The icon's there, it just doesn't work!)

I can use the taskbar icons, such as mail, and Google, but my icons for IE and Edge have disappeared.........

And one other thing, when I open a folder window, it's always in a thin long bar, not full screen. If I maximize it, and then close it, when I open it again, it will always be the same size *sarc

I fear that as the machine is several years old, that the 'leftovers' of the old OS are causing problems.

Many thanks in advance, and keep up the good work *Smile

:)

ValiantSaint, Jun 14, 2016

2. COM+ Applications under component Services

We just migrated a few computers from Windows 7 to Windows 10. After migration, ActivClient was failing to install. We had that issue on Windows 7 after migrating from x32 to x64 and the fix was to restore COM+. I tried the same fix on Windows 10 and all
    I get is Restore File is corrupt. I ran sfc/scannow and it didn't find any problem. Any ideas on what else do to?

VioletaVarela, Jun 14, 2016
  3. Migrating Windows 10 to my SSD

I will be migrating windows 10 to my SSD using Acronis migration tool.

but before i do so, I just want to make sure of a few things

1. When i put my OS on the ssd, will i have to unplug my hdd or wipe it, cause i'm afraid it'll cause problems after migrating it.

2. Will i need to re-enter my windows 10 key after migrating it, I used the free upgrade from windows 7 to 10.

nickmyersTA, Jun 14, 2016
Thema:

A few quirky problems after migrating from W7 to Windows 10

1. A few quirky problems after migrating from W7 to Windows 10 - Similar Threads - few quirky problems

2. migration Windows7 to Windows 10 I have licence W7

in Windows 10 Gaming
    migration Windows7 to Windows 10 I have licence W7: I have Windows 7 with official licence I want migrate to Windows 10 . My config PC is OK https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/migration-windows7-to-windows-10-i-have-licence-w7/e9f954b9-1365-4c31-b021-20b263cfec4f
  3. migration Windows7 to Windows 10 I have licence W7

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    migration Windows7 to Windows 10 I have licence W7: I have Windows 7 with official licence I want migrate to Windows 10 . My config PC is OK https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/migration-windows7-to-windows-10-i-have-licence-w7/e9f954b9-1365-4c31-b021-20b263cfec4f
  4. SSD with Windows 10 installed acting quirky

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    SSD with Windows 10 installed acting quirky: Recently, while I left my pc on and went to go do something else, I came back to my pc noting that it had frozen in the motherboard "AsRock" screen. I turned it off, turned it back on and was met with a Windows Blue Screen, the last one I would receive from that SSD. This SSD...
  5. Upgrade from w7,login problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade from w7,login problem: Trying to upgrade from w7 to w10. Login doesnt give local (User/Pass) option. Dont want a microsoft account,any ideas please. 179862
  6. Problems moving data from W7 to W10

in Windows 10 Support
    Problems moving data from W7 to W10: I'm moving my wife's data from her W7 laptop to a W10 laptop (W10 home 1903, build 18362.836) and I'm hitting problems. I've transferred her data fine but: 1. I cannot access her thunderbird profile which is at users/../.../roaming/Thunderbird/profiles/...... I get access...
  7. Windows 7 to Windows 10 Migration - Few Questions

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 7 to Windows 10 Migration - Few Questions: Hi, I'm a gamer and due to Windows 7 ended support a few months ago, I'm still at the point where I need to unfortunately install Windows 10 to keep me secure and having support for a newer hardware. I'm also planing on building a new PC in few months so I heard that I can...
  8. Windows 10 Upgrade from W7, Installation Problem, Driver Related?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Upgrade from W7, Installation Problem, Driver Related?: We're trying to upgrade the office to 10 since all our program vendors are threatening terrible things about the W7 support ending. Some computers had no problem. The others get through the initial process, reboot, and then go straight into a screen that makes you either...
  9. Facing few problems after upgrading windows from 8.1 to 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Facing few problems after upgrading windows from 8.1 to 10: Hi, I have upgraded my windows from 8.1 to 10. After the upgrade, I am facing few problems:- 1) Execution of %temp% on Run command box (Windows key and the R key) is failing with following error:- { 2019:05:25 17:49:42:263 Insufficient number of parameters: 8!...
  10. display problems after W10 upgrade from W7 home premium;

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    display problems after W10 upgrade from W7 home premium;: Have twice tried to go to W10 from W7 home premium (64 bit)on my gateway DX4300 w AMD phenom II X64 2.60 GHz and 8GB RAM. Integrated ATI Radeon 3200HD graphics. Both times same problems. 1. Display no longer fills entire monitor screen and I cannot find a scaling adjustment...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. problem to automactically migration from w7 to w10