Windows 10: A few weeks back--around Microsoft Update loaded some updates that have rendered my...

Discus and support A few weeks back--around Microsoft Update loaded some updates that have rendered my... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; A few weeks back Microsoft Update loaded some updates that have rendered my computer useless. It started after this update: July 14, 2020—KB4565483... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Jared_Meadors_808, Aug 12, 2020.

1. A few weeks back--around Microsoft Update loaded some updates that have rendered my...

A few weeks back Microsoft Update loaded some updates that have rendered my computer useless.

It started after this update:

July 14, 2020—KB4565483 OS Builds 18362.959 and 18363.959

My computer immediately slowed WAY down after that update... and kept locking up. But I could still restart it in safe mode and get in to try to troubleshoot. However, Microsoft Windows 10 would NOT let me roll-back / delete / uninstall that update--the same way it will not allow you to uninstall many of their other software updates.

After digging around online for help I decided to try updating all of my device drivers on the computer--thinking maybe one or more of them was conflicting with something in this latest Windows update. And, in Safe Mode, essentially I was able to check and update all of the drivers that were out of date--and there were quite a few that were.

During that proess I was prompted to re-start my computer--and then got notice that my BIOS was being updated / flashed... which made me a bit nervous... but I went with with it.

So, now I restarted in regular mode--just to see if the computer was working any better or was still going to freeze up as soon as I started. And it booted up fine.

However, Windows AGAIN installed ANOTHER updatedat at this time:

July 14, 2020-KB4565633 Cumulative Update for .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.8 for Windows 10 Version 1903 and Windows Server 1903 RTM and Windows 10, version 1909 and Windows Server, version 1909

And that was essentially the nail in the coffin. Now I cannot even get Windows to boot up. When I power up, the HP icon pops up... then a black screen with a circle of spinning white dots... like its working / thinking / loading something / installing something...

But that never ends. It never concludes. Whatever it's trying to do--it aint happenin'. I just leave it alone and let it do what it is trying to do... but eventually it goes into sleep mode--and end up with a black screen--no circle of spinning dots--but a white mouse... that moves around the black screen but that's it. No desktop.

So, now what? Is my $500 laptop--with all of my data and emails and photos and other work on it--just a paperweight now? Thanks to Windows Update? That seems messed up. I mean, if I don't WANT Windows to automatically update--so this type of thing doesn't happen--I shouldn't HAVE to allow the updates--or at the very least--I should be able to un-install them. Right?

Short of a complete clean wipe and re-build, does anyone have any idea how to fix this?

:)

Jared_Meadors_808, Aug 12, 2020

2. Microsoft Preps Six Updates for Next Week

Another Patch Tuesday is closing in fast and it's going to bring us six fresh updates from Microsoft. According to the Redmond-based company, the incoming patches - one rated 'Critical', four 'Important' and one 'Moderate', will resolve seven vulnerabilities that could lead to remote code execution or denial of service attacks.

The list of software targeted by Tuesday's patches includes Microsoft Windows, Visual Studio, and Expression Design. The updates will become available on March 13 at about 10:00 am PDT (5:00 pm GMT).

Cristian_25H, Aug 12, 2020
  3. Microsoft Download Center Updates

Quite a few new downloads popped up today on the Microsoft Download Center. Here's a list:
    * Windows Media Center Software Development Kit
    * Windows CE 5.0 Networked Media Device Feature Pack Monthly Update (July 2007)
    * Microsoft Forefront Server Security for SharePoint 10.x Management Pack for Operations Manager 2007
    * Microsoft Server Network Load Balancing Management Pack for Operations Manager 2007
    * Microsoft Identity Integration Server 2003 Management Pack for Operations Manager 2007
    * Microsoft Office Project Server 2007 Management Pack for Operations Manager 2007
    * Windows Embedded CE 6.0 Monthly Update (July 2007)
    * Microsoft Forefront Server Security for Exchange 10.0 Management Pack for Operations Manager 2007
    * Windows CE .NET 4.2 Platform Builder Monthly Update (July 2007)

MS Download Center

HellasVagabond, Aug 12, 2020
  4. OSdevr Win User

A few weeks back--around Microsoft Update loaded some updates that have rendered my...

Microsoft Windows 10 Fall Creators Update Available Today

Oh dear they're still pushing that. I STILL don't like the metro tiles and stuff!

OSdevr, Aug 12, 2020
Thema:

A few weeks back--around Microsoft Update loaded some updates that have rendered my...

1. A few weeks back--around Microsoft Update loaded some updates that have rendered my... - Similar Threads - few weeks around

2. created a Microsoft ticket for windows update issue but still no response for around two weeks

in Windows 10 Gaming
    created a Microsoft ticket for windows update issue but still no response for around two weeks: Cumulative Update for Windows 10 KB5007186 - Failed to install 0x80070005. the updater is failing to install for all the machines. Windows 10 21H1.open a ticket with micros ft but i got no response....
  3. created a Microsoft ticket for windows update issue but still no response for around two weeks

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    created a Microsoft ticket for windows update issue but still no response for around two weeks: Cumulative Update for Windows 10 KB5007186 - Failed to install 0x80070005. the updater is failing to install for all the machines. Windows 10 21H1.open a ticket with micros ft but i got no response....
  4. created a Microsoft ticket for windows update issue but still no response for around two weeks

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. No updates in a week? Need some help!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No updates in a week? Need some help!: I haven't received any updates in a week and usually I get every few days. Also, my PC goes to a blank screen for a few minutes and then loads up the sign-in screen. Please help with this. submitted by /u/pogmemer [link] [comments]...
  6. New App Updates Render Some Microsoft Apps Unusable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New App Updates Render Some Microsoft Apps Unusable: Hi, After being updated and having their icons changed, I have not been able to use some of my Microsoft apps. This includes Photos, Your Phone, and Voice Recorder. Does anyone know how to fix this issue? I have already run a scan on SFC, as well as DISM, though both have...
  7. Last microsoft update on my laptop rendered it unusable for my job....

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Last microsoft update on my laptop rendered it unusable for my job....: Hello, not sure if I even put his in the right category....but allot of you are smarter than me! What can I do to get my mic, my audio input to work again after the last "updates" which killed my ability to work online. Bad timing eh? I did go in and update the sound...
  8. Been getting an "Updates Failed" message for a few weeks now

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Been getting an "Updates Failed" message for a few weeks now: I did an update a few weeks ago that failed, and it tells me "There were problems installing some updates, but we'll try again later." This is the error message: "2019-10 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1903 for x64-based Systems (KB4517389) - Error 0x80070017"...
  9. There was a person from Microsoft on my computer a few weeks ago

in Windows 10 Gaming
    There was a person from Microsoft on my computer a few weeks ago: I have purchased 118 sets of puzzles. I have over 1,000 credits, Cannot get puzzles to load now. When they do it says I have 2 puzzles in my collection. And they will not stay loaded. There was a person from Microsoft on my computer a few weeks ago and she did nothing to fix...
  10. This weeks updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    This weeks updates: I tried to install the Win 10 updates for this week, but in the Update History, I get: Requires a restart to finish installing for two updates KB4338832 Adobe Flash update and KB4338819 Cumulative update for Win 10 version 1803. I restarted the computer several times but it...