Windows 10: A file called MusNotifyIcon.exe with red exclamation mark keeps popping up

Discus and support A file called MusNotifyIcon.exe with red exclamation mark keeps popping up in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I had this problem for like a week. This MusNotifyIcon keeps popping up whenever I start Windows. It makes the Windows Defender shows "Action needed",... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Ngan Ho, Oct 17, 2018.

1. Ngan Ho Win User

A file called MusNotifyIcon.exe with red exclamation mark keeps popping up

I had this problem for like a week. This MusNotifyIcon keeps popping up whenever I start Windows. It makes the Windows Defender shows "Action needed", but when I check, everything is still normal.

A file called MusNotifyIcon.exe with red exclamation mark keeps popping up 744ab1ee-7db9-48ec-9327-32b9eb826e88?upload=true.png A file called MusNotifyIcon.exe with red exclamation mark keeps popping up c698113b-15c4-4e7a-8ba0-f49d13dc1de8?upload=true.png

When I click this icon, it says "your device is missing important updates. Select this icon for more info". After I click, this is what happens in Windows Update:

A file called MusNotifyIcon.exe with red exclamation mark keeps popping up 393de532-789b-49f6-8b90-98f64a448637?upload=true.png

When I choose "check for updates", it automatically downloads and installs updates for Windows Defender Antivirus (I got Definition 1.277.1220.0 now). I even ran the troubleshooting for Windows Update, it showed some errors in WU database and the result was "fixed". I tried restarting my laptop but the icon is still there.

Is there anything wrong with my Windows Update function? I am afraid I can miss important updates from Microsoft. And is there any solution to get rid of this MusNotifyIcon? Thanks for help.

:)

Ngan Ho, Oct 17, 2018
  2. Darknova Win User

What does the exclamation mark mean?

What exclamation mark? Screenie?

Darknova, Oct 17, 2018
  3. paulaE. Win User
    red exclamation point on updates

Thank you.

I was getting ready to use the snipping tool and when I reopened setting and updates, the list of updates waiting to be downloaded was gone and the red exclamation point was gone. it just said updates available........ ready to download. It seems to go back
    and forth between these various screens.

If it comes back I"ll send the screenshot. I really feel it is Microsoft's effort to try to get me to download them. Red exclamation points tend to get people's attention.

What do you think is going on? THanks Remember, I have not put on updates for about two months or FCU. Prior to the FCU release, I put on all my updates every time with maybe one fail.

THIS FCU is a pestilence.

Thanks.

paulaE., Oct 17, 2018
  4. A file called MusNotifyIcon.exe with red exclamation mark keeps popping up

Red exclamation mark on window 10 update icon

Respectfully, I have faced this problem since I have downloaded window 10 version 1803 over two weeks ago, in this sense, after downloading an available update; after that it is installed demanding to restart the PC, an red exclamation mark appears in
    window update, its simile one is attached with this post, over two weeks ago, after restating the PC, my PC remained in "restarting" for hours as I had to reinstall my window 10 again having a nerve war, yesterday in my second PC having a new update( KB4100403)
    I had the same above Red Exclamation problem, but, this time first I hide the update; I lunched the update troubleshooting and then I restarted the PC and then I discovered that the update installed successfully!!!without having any problem like two weeks
    ago, I would like to know what is the above Red Exclamation on window update?! which I did not have in previous version of the window 10, thanking you.

A file called MusNotifyIcon.exe with red exclamation mark keeps popping up 344ff8f0-15a3-4ffa-8ac0-3699fd55fd99?upload=true.png

shahram bajafi, Oct 17, 2018
Thema:

A file called MusNotifyIcon.exe with red exclamation mark keeps popping up

1. A file called MusNotifyIcon.exe with red exclamation mark keeps popping up - Similar Threads - file called MusNotifyIcon

2. Device Manager exclamation mark

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Device Manager exclamation mark: Hey, i just put together a new system, updated drivers/chipsets etc whatnot from the ASUS site but there's still one device that's not recognized.Other device Unknown DeviceMotherboard is asus z790-h gaming wifii7 13700k cpuDevice instance path: ACPI\INTC1085\2&DABA3FF&0...
  3. Exclamation mark on windows defender.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Exclamation mark on windows defender.: Hello, how can I fix this? If I click on it, then windows defender crashes, everything was fine yesterday. I have google chrome by default if needed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/exclamation-mark-on-windows-defender/37974e3a-5402-4f77-8517-47d0babb0f90
  4. Exclamation mark on windows defender.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Exclamation mark on windows defender.: Hello, how can I fix this? If I click on it, then windows defender crashes, everything was fine yesterday. I have google chrome by default if needed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/exclamation-mark-on-windows-defender/37974e3a-5402-4f77-8517-47d0babb0f90
  5. White Exclamation Mark Inside Red Circle on Desktop Icons

in Windows 10 Customization
    White Exclamation Mark Inside Red Circle on Desktop Icons: I have this issue BUT I have no backup Symantec, McAfee, Mozy, etc. which would be causing this. I can reboot my PC which clears them but they return after several days. I have no idea from where they are coming since the only reference I have discovered is for the anti-virus...
  6. White Exclamation Mark Inside Red Circle on Desktop Icons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    White Exclamation Mark Inside Red Circle on Desktop Icons: I have this issue BUT I have no backup Symantec, McAfee, Mozy, etc. which would be causing this. I can reboot my PC which clears them but they return after several days. I have no idea from where they are coming since the only reference I have discovered is for the anti-virus...
  7. White Exclamation Mark Inside Red Circle on Desktop Icons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Android device showing red with exclamation mark

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Android device showing red with exclamation mark: I have the Microsoft Family account apps on all devices and have tried several removes and restarts and all kinds of stuff and the only thing all these supposed fix's did was add new icons for the same device with the same red error. [ATTACH]...
  9. Red X marks in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Red X marks in File Explorer: My old computer and new computer are both running Windows 10. But on the new one I find two things that are not on the older one. 1 OneDrive seems to be built in. 2 Many files and folders show up in File Explorer with red X marks beside them. So I have two questions: 1...
  10. Exclamation mark on D Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Exclamation mark on D Drive: Mine is a new Dell AIO with C Drive and D Drive. I use D Drive for storage and data. It has always had an exclamation mark on the D Drive icon. Bitlocker is turned on but always tells me that device encryption is suspended and that it will start automatically next time I log...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. musnotifyicon.exe musnotifyicon.exe

2. MusNotifyIcon.exe

3. musnotifyicon

4. what is MusNotifyIcon.exe,
  5. mustnotify,
  6. windows 10 version 1809 windows update shows red exclamation mark,
  7. windows 10 turn off mustnotifyicon.exe,
  8. musnotifylcon,
  9. musnotifyicon win 10,
  10. must notify icon exe,
  11. must notify icon.exe,