Windows 10: A file cant be moved, deleted, and renamed. Please help.

Discus and support A file cant be moved, deleted, and renamed. Please help. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; While I rearranged the video and music files to each folders, I noticed some files won't moved to different folder. The display message is actually... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by sheonheo, Nov 30, 2020.

1. sheonheo Win User

A file cant be moved, deleted, and renamed. Please help.

While I rearranged the video and music files to each folders, I noticed some files won't moved to different folder. The display message is actually telling me its working on it but it does not progress from 0%. I tried delete and rename them as well but within 5 seconds, the folder is not responding. Not every files are like that but few and they don't seems to have anything in common. I am wondering what needs to be done. Your help will be appreciated.

:)

sheonheo, Nov 30, 2020
  2. SKPerry59 Win User

Canot move, delete or rename favotites

Recently I have been unable to delete favorites. When I try to delete a favorite it appears to be gone, but it returns at the bottom of the list within 1 - 2 minutes. If I rename a favorite, it does keep the new name, but it reappears at the bottom of
    the list as well, and if I move it to a sub folder, the move works, but a copy again reappears at the bottom. I have tried downloading and running Microsoft's Security Scanner and it found no problems. The second suggestion on the MS site was to reset IE.
    That did not work either. I the called MS support, and they told me I have done everything they can think of doing, but for just $99 they can fix the problem.

SKPerry59, Nov 30, 2020
  3. m18xr2 Win User
    File action gets reversed ie deletion, move, rename etc, pls help

so I am doing a bunch of file sorting/editing. problem I'm facing is the action I do gets undone by windows and I'm not sure what is causing this. lists below:

- deleted files into bin would be moved back
    - renamed files change it's name back
    - copy and pasted file would disappear
    - moved files would move back to its prior location

my guess is some sort of corruption in undo thats tied to memory? but corruption in what? has anyone experienced this before and know how to fix this?

m18xr2, Nov 30, 2020
  4. A file cant be moved, deleted, and renamed. Please help.

Renaming, Deleting, Moving Folder Slow

Hi

I've been having a problem with a delay Renaming, Deleting, Moving folder (which takes at least about 12 seconds) this does not happen for files only for the folder.

Also if I log into administrator profile and then do Renaming, Deleting, Moving of a folder it works fine......Please help

Thanks

Shwetabh

Shwetabh Singh, Nov 30, 2020
Thema:

A file cant be moved, deleted, and renamed. Please help.

1. A file cant be moved, deleted, and renamed. Please help. - Similar Threads - file cant moved

2. Can't delete, move or rename .ogg files.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't delete, move or rename .ogg files.: Trying to rename results in file explorer crashing whilst moving or deleting is just perma stuck at 0%. File Explorer is stuck at "Cancelling" on move operations. I have tried everything that has been posted about this issue before and nothing works. I tried:- Uninstalling...
  3. can not delete or move or rename pdf file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can not delete or move or rename pdf file: I have a pdf file on my desktop with a very long name that I cannot delete, rename, or move. Every attempt fails. I get no error message telling me that the file is in use by another program...it simply won't disappear or allow me to change its name. I have tried running...
  4. can not delete or move or rename pdf file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can not delete or move or rename pdf file: I have a pdf file on my desktop with a very long name that I cannot delete, rename, or move. Every attempt fails. I get no error message telling me that the file is in use by another program...it simply won't disappear or allow me to change its name. I have tried running...
  5. Can't delete, rename or move a specific image file.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't delete, rename or move a specific image file.: Hello there,I was deleting some files from my Downloads folder today and came across a file that can't be deleted, renamed or moved. When trying to perform any of these actions, nothing happens.When checking the file properties, I noticed something weird: the file location...
  6. cannot delete, move or rename pdf file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cannot delete, move or rename pdf file: I have tried SFC, DISM, safe mode and disabling Enhanced security in Adobe Reader to remove the PDF file, but to no avail. The file is in Downloads folder of Windows 10, Lenovo laptop Any suggestions please?...
  7. cannot delete, move or rename pdf file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cannot delete, move or rename pdf file: I have tried SFC, DISM, safe mode and disabling Enhanced security in Adobe Reader to remove the PDF file, but to no avail. The file is in Downloads folder of Windows 10, Lenovo laptop Any suggestions please?...
  8. cannot delete, move or rename pdf file

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Cannot open, delete, rename or move a file on desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot open, delete, rename or move a file on desktop: HiSo I faced the issue where I wasn't able to open, delete, rename or move a pdf file with a long filename on the desktop. While browsing through old forums and discussions, I came across the following solutions which do not work:Changing propertiesEnable/disable the preview...
  10. Unable to move, copy, delete, or rename a file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to move, copy, delete, or rename a file: A user screenshotted a twitter feed and did not rename the file. The file name is now exceedingly long, causing issues with our backup service due to the filepath length. I have tried moving, copying, renaming, and deleting the file, but nothing happens, not even an error. I...