Windows 10: A File Deletes Itself

Discus and support A File Deletes Itself in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; A file deletes itself after getting more free space, and I don't know why. How can that be fixed?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JoeySlikk, Feb 28, 2020.

1. JoeySlikk Win User

A File Deletes Itself

A file deletes itself after getting more free space, and I don't know why. How can that be fixed?

:)

JoeySlikk, Feb 28, 2020
  2. Alden Rey Win User

deleting hard drive files

Hi,

May we know what type of file are you trying to delete? Would it be Office documents, media files, or picture files? If you're trying to delete files for free some space on your device. We suggest to perform a Disc Cleanup. Kindly follow the steps below to
    perform the task:

• Type in Cortana Disc Cleanup
    • Choose the files to delete
    • Click on "Clean up system files"
    • Click on Ok

For any concerns, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Regards.

Alden Rey, Feb 28, 2020
  3. MohanC Win User
    windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Feb 28, 2020
  4. Arun B J Win User

A File Deletes Itself

Delete and Cut Files with Preview Pane Open

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

• Have you tried to delete the pdf file in preview panel?
    • What exactly happens when try to delete the pdf file?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Open File Explorer.

• Select View and click on preview panel.

• Select the pdf file.

• At the right corner you will be able to see preview panel.

• You can right click on it and delete the files.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Feb 28, 2020
Thema:

A File Deletes Itself

1. A File Deletes Itself - Similar Threads - File Deletes Itself

2. windows suddenly deleted itself

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows suddenly deleted itself: So I wanted to convert my windows build format from mbr to gpt and i cannot do that directly i tried in an old computer the windows get corrupted luckily i had 2 disk and from an video i found out i can also do that through a different operating system so i decided to make a...
  3. windows suddenly deleted itself

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows suddenly deleted itself: So I wanted to convert my windows build format from mbr to gpt and i cannot do that directly i tried in an old computer the windows get corrupted luckily i had 2 disk and from an video i found out i can also do that through a different operating system so i decided to make a...
  4. Everything on desktop deleted itself

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Everything on desktop deleted itself: I normally prefer to google these things and resolve them myself but I can't find anyone with the same problem as me, so here we go! Logged into my computer this morning and when the desktop popped up only a couple of my shortcuts were left. Everything else is just gone....
  5. DELETE ALL FILES IN RECYCLE BIN, OR DELETE RECYCLE BIN ITSELF

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    DELETE ALL FILES IN RECYCLE BIN, OR DELETE RECYCLE BIN ITSELF: HOW CAN I DELETE ALL FILES IN RECYCLE BIN, OR DELETE "recycle bin" ITSELF? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/delete-all-files-in-recycle-bin-or-delete-recycle/eb83336a-44d1-47be-b51a-808eb6cbfc16
  6. Windows delete itself

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows delete itself: i buy my pc 2 week and when i instal my windows and all drivers also updates and i start use pc good after ashort time like 5 hours or 6 when i shutdown my pc windows get deleted and i go back to bios without windows they tell me no file to boot for 1 week now same probleme i...
  7. Minecraft deleted itself

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft deleted itself: I already purchased the Minecraft Starter Pack, but now when I go to access it, it opens and closes out immediately and isn't showing up under my purchases. Help. The only option I have is to reset it, but I don't want to lose my builds and such....
  8. Excel file suddenly deleted itself, tried everything to no avail

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Excel file suddenly deleted itself, tried everything to no avail: I have an Excel file which I regularly use to track data but one day I opened it and all of a sudden it said that it's unavailable. I checked the original location and saw that the file just literally vanished. The file wasn't corrupt or anything. Itliterally doesn't exist...
  9. bluetooth deleting itself

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    bluetooth deleting itself: so a few weeks ago everything was fine and dandy, but suddenly my bluetooth devices stopped connecting to my computer. I looked through the settings to find that not only was bluetooth "off", but the button for turning it back on had disappeared. I looked around online for...
  10. Windows Deleted itself.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Deleted itself.: good Day, im having a problem with my windows instarted my lenonvo legion Y520 this morning to find that some installed application shortcuts are blank and the taskbar does not open and all normal functions are not correct i have since then run in safe mode the icons are...