Windows 10: A file in Explorer folder does not show in Explorer, but I can export it in a directory...

Discus and support A file in Explorer folder does not show in Explorer, but I can export it in a directory... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; While doing a music project, I added a jpg folder to each album folder so I could add the art to the album. In some folders, the Folder.jpg file does... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ARTZ_813, May 29, 2020.

1. ARTZ_813 Win User

A file in Explorer folder does not show in Explorer, but I can export it in a directory...

While doing a music project, I added a jpg folder to each album folder so I could add the art to the album. In some folders, the Folder.jpg file does not show. At first I thought I had missed that one. But when I tried to add the art work, it says do you want to replace existing Folder.jpg. I can't see that folder so have tried both ways: replacing and doing an additional folder with a different name. Replacing it still does not show Folder.jpg. That's the mystery. Tried a number of things before finally using some software to do a directory print of the files in the folder the first screen shot below. In that print out Folder.jpg shows up. The second screen shot is of the Explorer folder, not showing Folder.jpg it does show my added Folder 2.jpg, just not the original. So, anyone know why a Folder that exists is not showing in Explorer, but will show in a Directory print out? A file in Explorer folder does not show in Explorer, but I can export it in a directory... c4629ca6-ec67-4cb9-b739-a5e372396ccf?upload=true.jpg A file in Explorer folder does not show in Explorer, but I can export it in a directory... 03416ad1-0d25-4e71-9206-f3de8b4be676?upload=true.jpg

:)

ARTZ_813, May 29, 2020

2. Directory Size Utility

Change Log v1.5

• New Menu strip(File, Edit, View, Advanced, Help)
    • Removed "About" button and add "About" in Help drop down.
    • File dropdown menu list (Add folder..., Export(Text file, Excel File), Exit)
    • Edit dropdown menu list (Delete file, Delete folder)
    • View dropdown menu list (Detail, Explorer - Beta)
    • Advance dropdown menu list (Check for updates)
    • Help dropdown menu list (About)
    • New multi threaded
    • New "Explorer - Beta" turns the folder list into a Explorer type view.
    • New in the "About" window when hovering over the "Directory Size Utility" changes the text color to blue to show it as a clickable link to the site.

Download Here

Main Screen - New Screen!

A file in Explorer folder does not show in Explorer, but I can export it in a directory... Main.jpg

Download Here

Mindweaver, May 29, 2020
  3. Bree Win User
    Open File Explorer with pre-defined directory?

Welcome to TenForums @clsven

First, pin File Explorer to the task bar. You can then click and drag a folder (such as Videos) and drop it on the File Explorer icon to pin it to File Explorer. The list of pinned folders can be accessed by right-clicking on the File Explorer icon. Select a folder from the list and you will open File Explorer at that folder. This is the same list of pinned folders that you will see in File Explorer's Quick Access.

A file in Explorer folder does not show in Explorer, but I can export it in a directory... [​IMG]

4. Drone Win User

A file in Explorer folder does not show in Explorer, but I can export it in a directory...

Directory Size Utility

First of all nice utility, Mindweaver!
    Second of all, it's so nice to see that this section ain't dead.

I have a few questions/suggestions, maybe you'd want to see ...
    • maybe you rename Get Folder button caption to something more intuitive? Add Folder, Get Folder Size, Check Folder Size or something like that?
    • Could you add subfolder files to the right pane? (it can be a tickbox with include sub dirs)
    • maybe you also add export list to excel?
    • there's delete file button maybe you add delete folder button too?
    • and finally maybe you can add UP button for directories?

Drone, May 29, 2020
Thema:

1. A file in Explorer folder does not show in Explorer, but I can export it in a directory... - Similar Threads - file Explorer folder

2. Show number of files in folder in Explorer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Show number of files in folder in Explorer?: Using Windows 11In Explorer it will show folders and files. For folders, is there a column/field I can add along with Name, Type, Date Created, etc that will show if there are files in that folder, or how many files are in that folder? I basically want to know if folders...
  3. Show number of files in folder in Explorer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Show number of files in folder in Explorer?: Using Windows 11In Explorer it will show folders and files. For folders, is there a column/field I can add along with Name, Type, Date Created, etc that will show if there are files in that folder, or how many files are in that folder? I basically want to know if folders...
  4. BAckup folders not showing in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    BAckup folders not showing in File Explorer: Following recent updates on Windows 10 on both my PC And Laptop I am no longer able to see all the files on my external hard drive. It is a WD My Cloud and File Explorer now only shows Music, Photos and Videos and not the Smartware folder containg my backups. The folder is...
  5. File Explorer "save as" folders not showing

File Explorer "save as" folders not showing: Hi Everyone,Not even sure how to ask this question. It' sounds beyond dumb and I've never seen this before......I was working in Photoshop and went to save a file. When the "save as" window opened, the left side folder directory was totally gone – total white space. I have a...
  6. File Explorer "save as" folders not showing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer "save as" folders not showing: Hi Everyone,Not even sure how to ask this question. It' sounds beyond dumb and I've never seen this before......I was working in Photoshop and went to save a file. When the "save as" window opened, the left side folder directory was totally gone – total white space. I have a...
  7. Mix folders and files in file explorer, can I?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mix folders and files in file explorer, can I?: We date all files in the file name with the date that we submit it, and sometimes there are a lot so I put them in a folder and date this folder the same way. But when I sort the explorer, files and folders are separated. Can I change it to make sure they mix? Can't find the...
  8. File Explorer folders not showing

in Windows 10 Customization
    File Explorer folders not showing: I am unable to open File Explorer to the normal view (folders/files listed down left side of screen e,g, Libraries; OneDrive; This PC; Local C; Network etc.). All I see is Quick Access. I have restarted my computer and reset File Explorer defaults. I have tried to...
  9. Directory doesn't display in file explorer, but I can browse to it via file explorer...

Directory doesn't display in file explorer, but I can browse to it via file explorer...: I robocopied a directory from windows 7 pro ntfs partion to a directory on a windows 10 pro exfat partition. Robocopy succeeded as expected. From within file explorer I cannot see the directory (all view options are on, nothing hidden), but I can access all the files and...
  10. File explorer sort all folders/directories the same

File explorer sort all folders/directories the same: All i want to do is to sort all directories across windows 10 the same as a directory I have already sorted the way I want all of them to look like. In other words i have manually sorted a directory the way i want all of them across my computer to look like. Seems like I've...