Windows 10: A file that reappears and increases in size every time I delete it

Discus and support A file that reappears and increases in size every time I delete it in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello there, I have an issue that is killing my C drive's space; a one file that takes up almost 100 Gbs. Not only this, but also it reappears and... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Himoo2Ti, Jan 8, 2019.

1. Himoo2Ti Win User

A file that reappears and increases in size every time I delete it

Hello there,

I have an issue that is killing my C drive's space; a one file that takes up almost 100 Gbs. Not only this, but also it reappears and doubles in size every time I delete it. I tried to scan it multiple times using windows security center, yet there is the no threats' report pops up, even the offline check-up has been done too but without any valuable result. The directory is: C:\Users\........\AppData\Local\Temp

SOS, this is madness!

Best,

:)

Himoo2Ti, Jan 8, 2019

2. Reappearing files I deleted

Hi Aleander,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

We understand how you feel about the situation. We're sorry for the trouble.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to delete the folder and check if it's reappear.

• Open the Command prompt with admin (Windows +x and select Command prompt).

• In the command prompt, type the command below and press enter.

NOTE: Substitute
        Full Path of Folder within quotes below with your folder's full path within quotes instead.

RD /S /Q "Full Path of Folder".

• The folder should now be deleted.

• Close the command prompt.
    Please reply to us with the status of the issue and check if it helps.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, Jan 8, 2019
  3. Reappearing deleted files

Under what circumstances do the files reappear?

• After a reboot?
    • At a fixed time?
    • When you do something specific?
    • At random?

Frederik Long, Jan 8, 2019
  4. A file that reappears and increases in size every time I delete it

increase text size

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Follow the steps to change the font size:

• Click on "Windows logo" and select "Settings".
    • Select "System".
    • You can change the font size here.

Follow the steps to go to Control Panel:

• Type "Control Panel" in the search bar.
    • Select "Control Panel" from suggestions.

I hope this helps you. If you have any further query in future, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Jan 8, 2019
Thema:

A file that reappears and increases in size every time I delete it

1. A file that reappears and increases in size every time I delete it - Similar Threads - file reappears increases

2. Reappearing of deleted files in Downloads folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reappearing of deleted files in Downloads folder: Reappearing of deleted files in Downloads folder:Since Last 5 days its happening on my Laptop i have checked the onedrive no account is signed in, synced or connected.Also i have checked my windows backup settings from start menu no folder is added or anything like that.I...
  3. Win11. Increased file size

Win11. Increased file size: Why, when I migrated my music files from Win10 to Win11 suddenly increased in volume? My folder was 5 G on Win10 and now 15 G on Win11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win11-increased-file-size/1da6de94-aee9-4ed1-9bd1-b167da48e7a1
  4. Win11. Increased file size

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win11. Increased file size: Why, when I migrated my music files from Win10 to Win11 suddenly increased in volume? My folder was 5 G on Win10 and now 15 G on Win11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win11-increased-file-size/1da6de94-aee9-4ed1-9bd1-b167da48e7a1
  5. File downloads increasing in size.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File downloads increasing in size.: I have Windows 10. I have a large project that I am attempting to complete which involves hundreds of old receipts. As I complete more and more downloads, the file sizes get larger and larger. All the receipts are basically the same but file sizes range from 300 KB to almost...
  6. File downloads increasing in size.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File downloads increasing in size.: I have Windows 10. I have a large project that I am attempting to complete which involves hundreds of old receipts. As I complete more and more downloads, the file sizes get larger and larger. All the receipts are basically the same but file sizes range from 300 KB to almost...
  7. File downloads increasing in size.

8. Files keep reappearing after deleting

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Files keep reappearing after deleting: When I delete a file, it appears to be fine, but not long after it reappears on desktop again, along with older deleted files. Permanent deletion won't work either. How do I fix this issue?...
  9. Local user account created by nobody and reappeared every time after deletion

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Local user account created by nobody and reappeared every time after deletion: I found a local user account called "John" in my notebook one day. I instantly deleted it. Later, it reappeared and I deleted again. Repeated several times, no malware was found by virus scan, but its reappearing was creepy. How to solve this? Virus scan I took: ESET...
  10. Thumbnail file size goes on increasing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Thumbnail file size goes on increasing: I am using Windows 10 Pro 64bit (v 1903). I noticed that my thumbnails file size keeps on increasing. Usually it used to be 15 to 30 MB. But since I installed version 1803, I noticed this abnormal issue. I keep on deleting the thumbnails file but again it goes on increasing...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. everytime i delete something on my ssd it reappears