Windows 10: A final solution for removing pinned apps from start menu?

Discus and support A final solution for removing pinned apps from start menu? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I've been trying to remove new pinned tiles every time I boot my system, but so far been no luck. Most tutorials are either unfinished or don't work.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/venomtail, Nov 16, 2020.

1. A final solution for removing pinned apps from start menu?

I've been trying to remove new pinned tiles every time I boot my system, but so far been no luck. Most tutorials are either unfinished or don't work.

So I was wondering if there is a proper solution to disabling the ability for apps to create pins on the start menu, because it's annoying to boot and the first thing you have to do every day is remove the pinned apps.

submitted by /u/venomtail
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/venomtail, Nov 16, 2020

2. How to pin shortcut to start menu.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per the description, I understand that you would like to know how to pin short cut to start menu.

I would suggest you to refer to the article given below if you are using Windows 7.

Pin a program to the Start menu

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Pin-a-program-to-the-Start-menu

And if you are using Windows 10 then I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below.

Pin apps to Start

Pin the apps you use most often to the Start menu. Here's how:

• Go to Start > All Apps.
    • Press and hold (or right-click) an app.
    • Select Pin to Start.

Hope this helps. Please let us know the results. We will be happy to assist you further.

Mayank Gupta10, Nov 16, 2020
  3. Unable to removed pinned item from start menu

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

How exactly you’re trying to remove pinned tiles from start menu?

I understand that you are unable to remove the pinned item from the Start menu.

Please follow the steps below to remove pinned item from the Start Menu:

• Click on the Start menu.
    • Click on Expand Start menu.
    • Right Click on the pinned item and select Unpin from Start menu
    If you are still facing issues while removing the site, please share a screenshot of the issue, so that we can further assist you.

Please follow the steps below to take a screenshot and to upload with your reply:

• Find Print screen Key on your keyboard.
    • To Capture Screen Image, press the Print Screen (PrtScn) key once, your screen will be captured and stored in clipboard.
    • Now open any image editing application in Windows like Microsoft Paint and then press Ctrl + V key to paste the taken Screenshot of the Image on Paint and then save it by pressing Ctrl + S button.
    • After you have saved the file, click on Reply button.
    • Click on insert Image option and select the image file that you have saved.
    • Now click Submit.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thanks.

Mohammed Yaseer, Nov 16, 2020
  4. MDD0799 Win User

A final solution for removing pinned apps from start menu?

How to pin shortcut to start menu.

Sergiy Shklyar - You are a genius. This is the solution for pinning a non-executable to the Start Menu. Many thanks.

MDD0799, Nov 16, 2020
Thema:

A final solution for removing pinned apps from start menu?

1. A final solution for removing pinned apps from start menu? - Similar Threads - final solution removing

2. Remove Chrome pinned items from Start Menu and Taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove Chrome pinned items from Start Menu and Taskbar: Hello,We are rolling out a new secured browser to our company. We don't want to remove Chrome right away, but business has requested that we remove Chrome pinned items from Start Menu and Taskbar. I was trying to find a way to remove just Chrome icons without completely...
  3. Remove Chrome pinned items from Start Menu and Taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remove Chrome pinned items from Start Menu and Taskbar: Hello,We are rolling out a new secured browser to our company. We don't want to remove Chrome right away, but business has requested that we remove Chrome pinned items from Start Menu and Taskbar. I was trying to find a way to remove just Chrome icons without completely...
  4. Remove Chrome pinned items from Start Menu and Taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Remove Windows App from Start Menu

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Remove Windows App from Start Menu: Hi, I would like to remove a Windows UWP app (an app installed from the Microsoft Store) from the Start Menu. How can I make It? submitted by /u/Imart_Cat [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jnk2v8/remove_windows_app_from_start_menu/
  6. Remove apps and items from Start menu

Remove apps and items from Start menu: I have some apps on the start menu that have no uninstall when you RH click? How do I remove the icon? I have 2 other items that have the uninstall option but they take me to the Programs - Programs & Feastures that you see in Control Panel. But there doesn't appear to be...
  7. Removing preinstalled apps from the start menu

Removing preinstalled apps from the start menu: My laptop with Windows 10 came with some apps already in the start menu (Candy Crush Saga, Cooking Fever). I tried right clicking on them, but there was no way to uninstall. The apps don't show up in the list of apps in settings. The apps also don't show up in powershell,...
  8. Removing apps from the Start Menu

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Removing apps from the Start Menu: There are a number of Apps on my Start Menu that I cannot use. I would like to remove them from the start menu to reduce clutter. I was able to remove OneDrive but none of the others, I'm not asking how to uninstall them because I know Microsoft would NEVER allow that....
  9. Can't Remove "Send To" & "Pin To Start" From Context Menu

Can't Remove "Send To" & "Pin To Start" From Context Menu: Anyone knows why when i remove "Send To" & "Pin To Start" context menu entries from registry, windows automatically creates new one's after restart. Never had such problem in 8, and it's driving me nuts!!!!! Thanks for help! 37177
  10. Can't Remove Apps from Start Menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't Remove Apps from Start Menu: Hi I have just updated to Win10 and wanted to get my laptop to a more Win7 look. I followed a tutorial on how to remove the 'app tiles from the start menu.....(right click -> unpin) but the apps don't remove. I have tried restarting the laptop and then the apps were removed...