A first look at the Windows 10 universal app platform

Discus and support A first look at the Windows 10 universal app platform in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Earlier today at Mobile World Congress in Barcelona, I provided developers a first look at the Windows 10 developer platform strategy and universal app... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Mar 1, 2015.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Source: A first look at the Windows 10 universal app platform

Brink, Mar 1, 2015
  2. BunnyJ New Member

Good read, thanks for posting. *Smile

:)

BunnyJ, Mar 1, 2015
  3. SFroy Win User
    SFroy, Mar 1, 2015
  4. Stranger_Hanyo Win User

Deploy Windows Mobile 5 application onto Windows 10 Mobile Enterprise

Nope. Windows 10 mobile supports only apps that work with Windows Phone 8/8.1 and written with the Windows 10 Universal App Platform.

Stranger_Hanyo, Mar 1, 2015
  5. Coke Robot Win User
    I sure hope this helps with the Windows Phone app problem, part of the reason why some apps lack good quality (mostly from official vendors) is that the API libraries are a bit restrictive.

Coke Robot, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. A first look at the Windows 10 universal app platform - Similar Threads - universal app platform

2. Windows cannot open start menu, taskbar items, cortana, or any windows 10 universal apps

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows cannot open start menu, taskbar items, cortana, or any windows 10 universal apps: Settings won't open, cortana won't open, and the taskbar is always visible even in fullscreen mode. I ran a SFC system scan, nothing... when i open a windows store app, it gives this error message: explorer.exe class not registered...
  3. Universal Apps won't open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Universal Apps won't open: Since an update yesterday my universal apps (including Photos) won't open. I get the message 'Photos can't be opened using the Built in Administrator Account. Sign in with a different account and try again.' Same message with other apps. I don't have the built in...
  4. Can a universal app be started via keyboard shortcut or command line

Can a universal app be started via keyboard shortcut or command line: The thread title pretty much says it all. Can a universal app (currently interested in Weather) be started via keyboard shortcut or command line command? 76936
  5. (Universal) Windows Apps - Startup entry.

(Universal) Windows Apps - Startup entry.: Hello Guys, I have recently installed the Spotify from the windows store. It creates two startup entries as shown below: Microsoft OneDrive - Access files anywhere. Create docs with free Office Online. I would like to remove them both from the startup, however I...
  6. Missing most of the Universal Apps

Missing most of the Universal Apps: Not sure why But I have lost most of my Universal apps. The only ones showing is Cortana, Microsoft Edge, Get Office, tips, How do I get them and is there a default setting to reinstall them? Thanks 77547
  7. The path from a desktop app to a Universal Windows Platform (UWP) app

in Windows 10 News
    The path from a desktop app to a Universal Windows Platform (UWP) app: Last month, we provided an overview of the Desktop Bridge in this blog post. We are excited to announce that since then we’ve released a new version of the desktop app converter, adding support for great new features and fixing several issues to provide a more stable...
  8. Guide to Universal Windows Platform (UWP) apps

in Windows 10 News
    Guide to Universal Windows Platform (UWP) apps: Guide to Universal Windows Platform (UWP) apps [ Updated for UWP apps on Windows 10. For Windows 8.x articles, see the archive ] In this guide, you'll learn about: •What a device family is, and how to decide which one to target. •New UI controls and panels that...
  9. Skype Universal Windows Platform app Preview for Windows 10 is coming

in Windows 10 News
    Skype Universal Windows Platform app Preview for Windows 10 is coming: We’ve been listening, and we’ve heard you. In the coming weeks, we’ll release the first version of the Skype Universal Windows Platform Preview app to our Windows Insiders for testing. You may be wondering why, and what this means for the Skype experiences you are using on...
  10. A first look at the Windows 10 universal app platform

in Windows 10 News
    A first look at the Windows 10 universal app platform: A first look at the Windows 10 universal app platform source ; http://blogs.windows.com/buildingapp...-app-platform/