Windows 10: A First Look at the Windows Technical Preview

Discus and support A First Look at the Windows Technical Preview in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; New build 9841 In less than two weeks, Microsoft will begin revealing information about the Windows Technical Preview, the first pre-release... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Flashorn, Sep 18, 2014.

1. Flashorn Win User

A First Look at the Windows Technical Preview

New build 9841

http://winsupersite.com/windows/firs...hnical-preview

Flashorn, Sep 18, 2014
  2. Rickkins Win User

So, they're still gonna try to foist metro turd crap upon the desktop users space.

Looks like Classic Shell will still be required to fix this turkey.

So be it.

:)

Rickkins, Sep 18, 2014
  3. windows 10 on lumia 520

Hi Julien,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

I would like to let you know that Lumia 520 does not support Windows 10 Technical Preview as of now. We are starting with a limited set of devices supported for this first preview. Microsoft is always evaluating which devices to bring into the
    program, including the Lumia 520.

Announcing the first build of Windows 10 Technical Preview for Phones:

http://blogs.windows.com/bloggingwindows/2015/02/12/announcing-the-first-build-of-windows-10-technical-preview-for-phones-2/

For this first preview build these are the devices supported.

Supported phones for Windows 10 Technical Preview:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/preview-supported-phones

Expect the list to grow slowly at first but expand comprehensively over time. We will surely have more devices added to that list, but currently I am not sure if the mentioned model will be supported or not. I would recommend you to keep looking
    here for more information Windows Blog

Keep us informed to help you further.

Karthik Vengaloor, Sep 18, 2014
  4. A First Look at the Windows Technical Preview

Google account sync on Nokia Icon(929) - OS 8.10.14219.341

Hi Lijun,

It's unfortunate that Nokia Icon 929 does not support Windows 10 Technical preview as of now. We are starting with a limited set of devices supported for this first preview.

For this first preview build these are the devices supported:

Supported phones for Windows 10 Technical Preview

Expect the list to grow slowly at first but expand comprehensively over time.

Anish A Kumar, Sep 18, 2014
  5. Superfly Win User
    Metro/ModernUI is the new Windows - no getting away from that... that's what makes the 'Enterprise' tech preview interesting .. just to see how it may fit into a corporate environment..

PS.. Not that I personally use it.

Superfly, Sep 18, 2014
  6. Rickkins Win User
    Well, that's not entirely accurate. They wanted it to be the new windows, but their users by and large rejected it, so....

Rickkins, Sep 18, 2014
  7. Superfly Win User
    So..? It's about the greater eco-system... it's not what the users want.

Superfly, Sep 18, 2014
  8. A First Look at the Windows Technical Preview

Correct they are. They have polished the turd. Now you have a polished turd for an OS.

Indianatone, Sep 19, 2014
  9. Rickkins Win User
    Yea, they tried that theory with 8 & metro turd.
    How'd that work out...???

Rickkins, Sep 19, 2014
  10. LittleJay Win User
    Since it appears that you can pin items to the right side of the new Start Menu, I assume you will be able to unpin them as well, which would make the new Start Menu more like the W7 Start Menu.

LittleJay, Sep 19, 2014
  11. Rickkins Win User
    Yea, if we can unpin the metro stuff, it'll be better.

Rickkins, Sep 19, 2014
  12. Flashorn Win User
    OK you guys, if W9 is such a turd then, why aren't you on Linux or OSX?

If you have read the article, you will see that you can Pin or Unpin any
    programs that you like to see there. You can even make it like W7 and have
    No tiles showing.

This is not what concerns me most, it's the way you access files and other
    libraries. Also, all of our little tools that we depend so much on, will they
    work just as well on W9.

I guess I will find out soon enough as I will be downloading a copy as soon
    as it become available to the public.

I skipped W8 because I didn't like it. (installed and Uninstalled a few days later)
    I usually don't skip an OS because I too am curious enough to see whats new
    and how it works but , in W8's case, it was just not my cup of tea.

Hope to get better results with Window 9 or whatever they decide to call it.

Flashorn, Sep 19, 2014
  13. A First Look at the Windows Technical Preview

Actually I could not have said it better myself. I use Windows 7 and expect Nine to be at least as good and "as pretty" as 7 or 7 is where I'll be staying till 2020. If they give it away to 8 users I'll use my 3 8 keys to upgrade 8 but will keep 7.

Indianatone, Sep 19, 2014
  14. mousegolf Win User
    Only true of PDA devices. Desktop and Laptop computer users with a mouse and keyboard will always need and want the traditional Start Button/Start Menu/All Programs list. Navigating the system from the search field to all directories and files is a must. It's fast and efficient.

mousegolf, Sep 19, 2014
  15. Rickkins Win User
    I could be wrong, but I don't think anybody has referred to 9 as a turd... we haven't even seen it yet.

I may have referred to metro as a turd, a position I stand by, but certainly not 9. Hell, not even 8/8.1, both of which I managed to set up just the way I like, in full desktop mode.

Indeed, I think most expect 9 to address 8's shortcomings where the desktop is concerned.

Rickkins, Sep 19, 2014
Thema:

A First Look at the Windows Technical Preview

1. A First Look at the Windows Technical Preview - Similar Threads - Technical Preview

2. Where i find the RaspberryPi 3B+ Technical Preview Build 17661?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Where i find the RaspberryPi 3B+ Technical Preview Build 17661?: I did not find anywhere the file RaspberryPi 3B+ Technical Preview Build 17661 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-i-find-the-raspberrypi-3b-technical-preview/4ca0dc6b-f758-4d0b-8a0a-0d2fe8f16e98
  3. Where i find the RaspberryPi 3B+ Technical Preview Build 17661?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where i find the RaspberryPi 3B+ Technical Preview Build 17661?: I did not find anywhere the file RaspberryPi 3B+ Technical Preview Build 17661 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-i-find-the-raspberrypi-3b-technical-preview/4ca0dc6b-f758-4d0b-8a0a-0d2fe8f16e98
  4. Where i find the RaspberryPi 3B+ Technical Preview Build 17661?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I hate Windows 10 Technical Preview. It feels catastrophic.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I hate Windows 10 Technical Preview. It feels catastrophic.: When I go to VMWare to change back to 2014, I installed it and what is this when Metro is like a GARBAGE!!! Icons are like non futuristic icons!!! And when I installed now on my real PC with a debombed build, what is this "Compatible with Windows 10"?And Microsoft, make...
  6. Error Downloading RaspberryPi 3B+ Technical Preview Build 17661

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error Downloading RaspberryPi 3B+ Technical Preview Build 17661: Hi, I am trying to download the ISO for the above mentioned build from https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windowsiot#!, and get the following error:We encountered a problem with your request. Please visit Microsoft Support Contact Us page for assistance. Refer...
  7. Error Downloading RaspberryPi 3B+ Technical Preview Build 17661

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Error Downloading RaspberryPi 3B+ Technical Preview Build 17661: Hi, I am trying to download the ISO for the above mentioned build from https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windowsiot#!, and get the following error:We encountered a problem with your request. Please visit Microsoft Support Contact Us page for assistance. Refer...
  8. Error Downloading RaspberryPi 3B+ Technical Preview Build 17661

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. RaspberryPi 3B+ Technical Preview Build 17661

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    RaspberryPi 3B+ Technical Preview Build 17661: I'm trying to download RaspberryPi 3B+ Technical Preview Build 17661. Have an error . Error We encountered a problem with your request. Please visit Microsoft Support Contact Us page for assistance. Refer to Message Code 715-123130 and Transaction ID...
  10. I lost my lifetime license from technical preview

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I lost my lifetime license from technical preview: I have windows 10 since 2014 when it was technical preview. Microsoft made an announcement that people like me will have a lifetime license as insider preview. Can this be lost? until now the windows turn on alone when I log in but now it does not happen again....