Windows 10: a fix for specifically THIS PC keeps 'not responding'

Discus and support a fix for specifically THIS PC keeps 'not responding' in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; When THIS PC is not responding, I can still access most THIS PC locations excluding C:\ through an alternative path e.g. through a shortcut to a USB... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JosephPHILIPPA, Jan 27, 2021.

1. a fix for specifically THIS PC keeps 'not responding'

When THIS PC is not responding, I can still access most THIS PC locations excluding C:\ through an alternative path e.g. through a shortcut to a USB drive. So it is not a generalised Windows Explorer failure, but only specific to THIS PC. And only the system drive C:\ locations are inaccessible.

:)

JosephPHILIPPA, Jan 27, 2021

2. WIFI connection keeps disconnecting while using

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing issues while using internet on your PC as it keeps dropping. For further clarity on the issue, please respond to the questions below.

1. Are you aware of any changes made to the PC prior to which you weren’t facing this issue?
    2. What is the exact model of the PC?

Meanwhile, I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned in the article

Fix network connection issues in Windows
    and see if that helps.

If the issue persists, please get back to us with the details of the troubleshooting steps to assist you further.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Jan 27, 2021
  3. All tabs not responding after I turn on my PC

Hi,

There are few reasons why the tabs are not responding when you turn on your PC. To isolate your concern, we'd like to ask the following questions:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Are you getting any specific error messages? If yes, please send us a screenshot.
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried to resolve the issue?
    We look forward to your response.

Eileen Gal, Jan 27, 2021
  4. Faith Win User

a fix for specifically THIS PC keeps 'not responding'

Is there a software that can keep your pc clean, fix it etc

Realistically, you're just adding more junk by installing cleaners. If you want to keep things clean and tidy you need to do it manually and avoid bloat or unecessary software. Windows 10 have most of this covered already without you needing to do much of anything.

• Keeping a PC up-to-date is done through the built-in Windows Update, automatically. BIOS updates and specific drivers excluded. Avoid updating these through 3rd party programs.
    • Fixing issues is done in Windows aswell, automatically, manually or with a guide. Depends on the issue at hand.
    • Cleaning a PC (cookies, virus scans, system health checks, storage sense etc) is done in Windows, manually and/or automatically. Registry cleaners should be avoided.

Faith, Jan 27, 2021
Thema:

a fix for specifically THIS PC keeps 'not responding'

1. a fix for specifically THIS PC keeps 'not responding' - Similar Threads - fix specifically keeps

2. Starfield not responding or launching on PC [Fix]

in Windows 10 News
    Starfield not responding or launching on PC [Fix]: [ATTACH]Starfield is a game where gamers explore the vast reaches of space, embark on interstellar experiences, and eagerly unravel the mysteries of the cosmos. However, this excitement has quickly become disappointing for some as Starfield does not start at all! In this...
  3. PC keeps crashing while playing specific game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC keeps crashing while playing specific game: My PC keeps crashing while I play certain game, other games are fine so I was wondering what's the problem.I've already made a post here about how I got hypervisor error and it got resolved by updating Chipset.Here is Event Viewer Log if that is any help: EventLog.evtxHere is...
  4. PC keeps crashing while playing specific game

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC keeps crashing while playing specific game: My PC keeps crashing while I play certain game, other games are fine so I was wondering what's the problem.I've already made a post here about how I got hypervisor error and it got resolved by updating Chipset.Here is Event Viewer Log if that is any help: EventLog.evtxHere is...
  5. How to fix the not responding

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How to fix the not responding: Yesterday I played Minecraft. It was appeared Not responding https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-fix-the-not-responding/92069243-21a2-4a48-85ec-17495e57284b
  6. How to fix the not responding

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix the not responding: Yesterday I played Minecraft. It was appeared Not responding https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-fix-the-not-responding/92069243-21a2-4a48-85ec-17495e57284b
  7. How to fix the not responding

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Not responding pc

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Not responding pc: Hello community!I am recently facing an issue that my pc's performance has suddenly gone from not so good to very bad. First , it used to get stuck while running only the very heavy software such as NetBeans IDE or sometimes chrome. But now it get gets stuck on every thing I...
  9. Word Keeps Not Responding

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Word Keeps Not Responding: Hello, I have a co-worker who's MS Word keeps not responding when using spell check. It happens on any word file. The task manager seems to show the hard drive at 2% when word does not respond but CPU and RAM looks fine. They are server files. Specs: 64 bit Win 10, 8 gig...
  10. This PC not responding

in Windows 10 Support
    This PC not responding: MY Win 10 pc has stopped displaying files when i hit This PC or the documents folder . I attach a screen shot . I have tried scanning and doing all the usual checks but it still happens. [img] I have left it for hours and it just stays the same everything else works fine...