Windows 10: A fix that does not make sense

Discus and support A fix that does not make sense in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My OS is Windows 10 and I have office 2007 installed which I’ve had for quite some time. Every now and then when I open MS Word it goes through the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Frank1, Aug 25, 2017.

1. Frank1 Win User

A fix that does not make sense

My OS is Windows 10 and I have office 2007 installed which I’ve had for quite some time. Every now and then when I open MS Word it goes through the configuration process before it opens. It seems as there are a few different ways to fix it. One way was to go to Control Panel as thought you were going to uninstall it. You right click on the icon and you will get a choice to Uninstall or Change. I click on Change and then you get an option to “fix”. That has worked before but this time it did not. So I did a Google search and saw another way to fix it. Which was to go to Program Files x86\Common Files\Microsoft shared\office 12\Office setup controller and look for the file setup.exe and change the name. So I change it to setup. Old. It worked and fixed the problem. But this is what does not make sense. I assumed that when I restarted and open Word the file would be changed bake to setup.exe but it did not. The file is still setup.old and it still works. Does this make sense to anyone?

:)

Frank1, Aug 25, 2017
  2. ruiters Win User

gps does not make a fix

and to be more precise I have just noted that the phone (gps chip) does see 7 or 8 satellites, but there is no signal strength (and yes I was outside with open sky above me)! No idea how to fix that. Anybody with a solution?

ruiters, Aug 25, 2017
  3. ruiters Win User
    gps does not make a fix

Hy, I have a problem with getting a GPS fix. I have as far as I can see all the settings OK. In AGPS I do get a position on the map but not an GPS fix. Also I do see that the phone is looking for the satellites but it does not calculate a coordinate. Any
    Ideas how to fix this?

ruiters, Aug 25, 2017
Thema:

A fix that does not make sense

1. A fix that does not make sense - Similar Threads - fix does sense

2. Making sense of .Net in PowerShell

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Making sense of .Net in PowerShell: I am a sysadmin and have used PowerShell on a daily basis for years. I have consistently noticed the injection of a .Net property is always worth a few lines of native cmdlets or unnecessary lines of logic. How do you go about looking up useful .Net resources for the use of...
  3. wlanext exe creation date does not make sense

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    wlanext exe creation date does not make sense: I was checking my task manager and was looking at Windows Wireless LAN 802.11 Extensibility Framework out of curiosity and noticed that the creation date makes no sense as it would imply that the file created 2 years before I built my current PC....
  4. wlanext exe creation date does not make sense

in Windows 10 Gaming
    wlanext exe creation date does not make sense: I was checking my task manager and was looking at Windows Wireless LAN 802.11 Extensibility Framework out of curiosity and noticed that the creation date makes no sense as it would imply that the file created 2 years before I built my current PC....
  5. wlanext exe creation date does not make sense

6. Does it make sense to add the 'JavaScript disabled' OneDrive sync issue fix to the 'Fix...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Does it make sense to add the 'JavaScript disabled' OneDrive sync issue fix to the 'Fix...: I just finished a lengthy investigation to determine why my OneDrive wouldn't sync. Each time I tried to sign in, I received a notification stating: "Microsoft account requires JavaScript to sign in. This web browser either does not support JavaScript, or scripts are being...
  7. Does it make sense to add the 'JavaScript disabled' OneDrive sync issue fix to the 'Fix...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does it make sense to add the 'JavaScript disabled' OneDrive sync issue fix to the 'Fix...: I just finished a lengthy investigation to determine why my OneDrive wouldn't sync. Each time I tried to sign in, I received a notification stating: "Microsoft account requires JavaScript to sign in. This web browser either does not support JavaScript, or scripts are being...
  8. Does it make sense to add the 'JavaScript disabled' OneDrive sync issue fix to the 'Fix...

9. Does it make any sense to upgrade to Win10?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Does it make any sense to upgrade to Win10?: I built my current PC about 10 years ago. It's always worked well but is now showing it's age and slowing down. I have Win7 and love it but I know it's not a great idea to keep using it with discontinued MS support. I'm building a new one in the next 6ish months but I'm...
  10. This microsoft page information does not make sense, violate privacy.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    This microsoft page information does not make sense, violate privacy.: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4468245/the-photos-app-and-your-privacy You can find no option in photo app, its a serious privacy violation !...