Windows 10: A fix that does not make sense

Discus and support A fix that does not make sense in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My OS is Windows 10 and I have office 2007 installed which I’ve had for quite some time. Every now and then when I open MS Word it goes through the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Frank1, Aug 25, 2017.

1. Frank1 Win User

A fix that does not make sense

My OS is Windows 10 and I have office 2007 installed which I’ve had for quite some time. Every now and then when I open MS Word it goes through the configuration process before it opens. It seems as there are a few different ways to fix it. One way was to go to Control Panel as thought you were going to uninstall it. You right click on the icon and you will get a choice to Uninstall or Change. I click on Change and then you get an option to “fix”. That has worked before but this time it did not. So I did a Google search and saw another way to fix it. Which was to go to Program Files x86\Common Files\Microsoft shared\office 12\Office setup controller and look for the file setup.exe and change the name. So I change it to setup. Old. It worked and fixed the problem. But this is what does not make sense. I assumed that when I restarted and open Word the file would be changed bake to setup.exe but it did not. The file is still setup.old and it still works. Does this make sense to anyone?

:)

Frank1, Aug 25, 2017
  2. ruiters Win User

gps does not make a fix

and to be more precise I have just noted that the phone (gps chip) does see 7 or 8 satellites, but there is no signal strength (and yes I was outside with open sky above me)! No idea how to fix that. Anybody with a solution?

ruiters, Aug 25, 2017
  3. ruiters Win User
    gps does not make a fix

Hy, I have a problem with getting a GPS fix. I have as far as I can see all the settings OK. In AGPS I do get a position on the map but not an GPS fix. Also I do see that the phone is looking for the satellites but it does not calculate a coordinate. Any
    Ideas how to fix this?

ruiters, Aug 25, 2017
Thema:

A fix that does not make sense

1. A fix that does not make sense - Similar Threads - fix does sense

2. storage Sense

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    storage Sense: If I set storage sense to clean every day? It doesn't seem to do anything Am I missing anything in my settings? or does it work only when you reach full capacity on the drive? thank you and stay safe 155349
  3. Storage sense

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Storage sense: Not able to turn on due to Administrator blocking it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/storage-sense/de41c85d-6ad8-4362-8c75-8176c32925de
  4. This microsoft page information does not make sense, violate privacy.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    This microsoft page information does not make sense, violate privacy.: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4468245/the-photos-app-and-your-privacy You can find no option in photo app, its a serious privacy violation !...
  5. Deleting files progress display makes no sense

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Deleting files progress display makes no sense: The delete progress display shows 5 seconds remaining, 0 items remaining, and 17.1 GB of items to delete. The 5 seconds doesn't change and the process has continued for 40 minutes and no end in sight. It's times like this that I really don't trust the operating system. I...
  6. Making sense of the Intel driver numbers:

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Making sense of the Intel driver numbers:: I have 4th Gen i5-4590 with HD Graphics 4600 When I ran the Intel Utility earlier, it 'disagreed' with what was actually showing in the display adapter in the Device Manager: The driver was listed as 10.18.15.4256 However the Intel Utility showed that the currently...
  7. Does it make sense to Dual-Boot W10 - Performance, tweaked / Comfort?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Does it make sense to Dual-Boot W10 - Performance, tweaked / Comfort?: Hi, I have a Lenovo Yoga 500 laptop. Core i7 6500, 8GB RAM. I'm a computer science student, so every bit of performance I can get is welcome. I'm thinking of creating a dual boot system of two Windows 10 installations, where one is tweaked towards the performance...
  8. Storage Sense

in Windows 10 Support
    Storage Sense: I was getting ready to send MS a message about creating a storage usage App, and lo and behold there's storage sense. I don't know about anyone else but this is really great for me. Now I can easily see exactly what's taking up space without resorting to a 3rd part app. 2906
  9. Why It Makes Sense to Learn About Windows 9 in April

in Windows 10 News
    Why It Makes Sense to Learn About Windows 9 in April: Windows 9 is on its way right now, according to a handful of reports coming from people close to the matter, but Microsoft is only expected to provide more details on its next full version of Windows at the upcoming BUILD developer conference in April. Even though Redmond...
  10. Been away and can't make sense of W10 conditions

in Windows 10 Support
    Been away and can't make sense of W10 conditions: I have been away from the forum for a long time. And as such I have missed out on a lot of key info. So I have some questions (that have prolly been asked a thousand times so please bear with me...) In order to upgrade must I do the upgrade via Windows Update? Or can I...