Windows 10: A folder is undeletable and it says that its not found

Discus and support A folder is undeletable and it says that its not found in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; for clearance, I am running windows 10s and I cant run command prompt. I also don't want to disable 10s as it keeps my battery alive and I don't get... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Oski180, Mar 19, 2019.

1. Oski180 Win User

A folder is undeletable and it says that its not found

for clearance, I am running windows 10s and I cant run command prompt. I also don't want to disable 10s as it keeps my battery alive and I don't get viruses.

im looking for a way to delete this undeletable folder without using commandprompt or any other software windows 10s cant run, do you guys have any idea how I could do that?

:)

Oski180, Mar 19, 2019

2. The Undeletable Folder

Hi there.

Yesterday there popped up a folder on my C: drive that is being absolutely stubborn and I can't get it deleted.

Things I've tried so far:

• Select folder, press delete key
    • Right click folder, select delete option
    • Rebooted into safe mode to try and delete it
    • Tried to take ownership manually
    • Tried to take ownership with script

I still can't get this folder deleted and it's kinda driving me nuts. Anytime I've tried to delete it or look at it (outside of safemode) it says I need permission from SYSTEM.

Image of folder is attached to post.

LovingWindows, Mar 19, 2019
  3. dalchina Win User
    Undeletable Folder Icon in File Explorer

You could try the fully functional Revo Pro trial uninstaller, monitor the installation of Boxcrypt, then uninstall it using the monitored data. That should be more complete.

Otherwise as you suggested (but back up the registry first) search and delete any occurrence of Boxcrypt remaining.

Searching the registry is most conveniently done with a 3rd party tool that searches the whole registry and lists finds, unlike regedit which stops after each find.
    E.g. OO regedit (free) - which includes an address bar (path)

A folder is undeletable and it says that its not found [​IMG]

You can also use a freeware program such as
    Locate32
    Everything (void tools)
    Ultrasearch

- these quickly index every file and folder so you can do an instant search of your file system for Boxcrypt.
    I'd not know how to cope without these. (I prefer Locate32). Note- they don't index content.

dalchina, Mar 19, 2019
  4. Edwin Win User

The Undeletable Folder

It's probably in use.
    What is it? Can you attach some more screenshots, perhaps of the photo files?

Edwin, Mar 19, 2019
Thema:

1. A folder is undeletable and it says that its not found - Similar Threads - folder undeletable says

2. my hard drive was found yesterday but now its saying its not found what happened

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my hard drive was found yesterday but now its saying its not found what happened: So I have a Alien Ware area 51 PC my friend gave me only problem was he took his hard drive out and old me I needed to buy a new one. ok no problem I bought a 4T HDD from amazon it was a Seagate barracuda. when i put that in the first day I got that no problems were detected...
  3. my hard drive was found yesterday but now its saying its not found what happened

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    my hard drive was found yesterday but now its saying its not found what happened: So I have a Alien Ware area 51 PC my friend gave me only problem was he took his hard drive out and old me I needed to buy a new one. ok no problem I bought a 4T HDD from amazon it was a Seagate barracuda. when i put that in the first day I got that no problems were detected...
  4. my hard drive was found yesterday but now its saying its not found what happened

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Undeletable folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Undeletable folders: Hi guys,I have installed Windows 11 and right after that, I set everything to go on another partition so my C: Disk be only for Windows and future updates, nothing else. On my other partition, these 3 folders appeared from nowhere from my new settings in...
  6. Undeletable folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Undeletable folders: Hi guys,I have installed Windows 11 and right after that, I set everything to go on another partition so my C: Disk be only for Windows and future updates, nothing else. On my other partition, these 3 folders appeared from nowhere from my new settings in...
  7. Undeletable Folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Undeletable Folder: There are a bunch of folders that have randomly appeared in my file explorer with no name or properties whatsoever. Nothing. Can't delete or rename them and the only options I have are to mark the folders as Read-only, Hidden, or Archive, but even then it just says the path...
  8. Undeletable folder

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Undeletable folder: Hello. I have been trying to delete a folder that is specifically filled with the file called image share. But no matter what I tried it won't delete and my computer would end up freezing.When I try to delete it, it would simply display...
  9. Undeleted folder!

in Windows 10 Support
    Undeleted folder!: Probably after a chkdsk, a folder has been created in C. It has subfolders (50) and files (85). It's not matter of size, it's only 620KB. I just don't want it to exist! It can be renamed (- resist to delete -), cut, moved (not to a USB) but it can't be deleted. I can't...
  10. The Undeletable Folder

in Windows 10 Support
    The Undeletable Folder: Hi there. Yesterday there popped up a folder on my C: drive that is being absolutely stubborn and I can't get it deleted. Things I've tried so far: Select folder, press delete key Right click folder, select delete option Rebooted into safe mode to try and delete it...