Windows 10: A folder with the name "hisdata" which only contains dat files keeps showing up? is this a...

Discus and support A folder with the name "hisdata" which only contains dat files keeps showing up? is this a... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Apparently every time I delete them, they show up sometimes. What should I do?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by theclapleader, Nov 8, 2019.

1. A folder with the name "hisdata" which only contains dat files keeps showing up? is this a...

Apparently every time I delete them, they show up sometimes. What should I do?

:)

theclapleader, Nov 8, 2019
  2. Bowlsys Win User

Compare a text file containing file names with files in a folder

Hi,
    I have a text files containing a list of file names and I wish to compare that to a folder with files in it.
    The folder contains a rather large number of files and I want to see if files in that folder exist in the file with the list of file names.

Hope I have explained my problem clearly.

Would appreciate any help
    Thanks

Bowlsys, Nov 8, 2019
  3. Moved a folder from another drive and rename and it still shows as the old folder name in certain places

Hi Nick,

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check the behavior.

• Create a new folder name it as 'My Videos'.
    • Now copy/cut and paste the contents which are in the folder "Videos", and delete the folder "Videos".
    • Now check the behavior.
    Please keep us updated with the status of the folder, to assist you further.

Regards,

Syed Abdul Jabbar, Nov 8, 2019
  4. dark2099 Win User

A folder with the name "hisdata" which only contains dat files keeps showing up? is this a...

Generating a .txt based file list in Windows 7

I want to be able to generate a .txt file that lists all the files and folders in a specific folder on my PC, but don't know the name of any programs that do that. Searched on google a bit and came up with this guide, but it's for XP and I can't seem to find some of the folder options to modify the .bat file. Any suggestions? Thanks

http://www.theeldergeek.com/file_list_generator.htm

EDIT: The .bat file will do what I want if it is in the folder I want to do it in, but the option I want to add is having the right click option that it shows.

dark2099, Nov 8, 2019
Thema:

A folder with the name "hisdata" which only contains dat files keeps showing up? is this a...

1. A folder with the name "hisdata" which only contains dat files keeps showing up? is this a... - Similar Threads - folder name hisdata

2. To extract contents subfolder which contains image named as IM from a main folder.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    To extract contents subfolder which contains image named as IM from a main folder.: Hi guys. I have master folder data which has subfolder of different part numbers. but every sub folderpart number has different subfolders named as images, drawings, specifications, package and price. In that images folder there is on image named IM.jpeg.So now what i need is...
  3. Folders not showing names of any files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Folders not showing names of any files: When I open a folder it will not show the names of any of the information in them, such as a sub folder, PDF, Excel, pictures etc. there is just all the icons. Not sure what has changed?...
  4. Searching Windows 10 folders that contain a "." in the folder name

in Cortana
    Searching Windows 10 folders that contain a "." in the folder name: //Edited title I have a set of development folders - each root folder has names with dots in them. i.e. "Myfolder.webapi" and sometimes "myfolder.webapi.myproduct". all these are legal file names. These folders themselves contain regular files and subdirectories....
  5. Searching folders that contain dots in the name

in Cortana
    Searching folders that contain dots in the name: I have a set of development folders - each root folder has names with dots in them. i.e. "Myfolder.webapi" and sometimes "myfolder.webapi.myproduct". all these are legal file names. Each of these folders is being automatically added to the excluded list in search classic...
  6. .dat files now open only with notepad

.dat files now open only with notepad: Hey! Actually, .dat now opens up with only and only notepad. I don't know, how to change that to the no software as default. Please, help me with that....
  7. Save As file name now opens a folder containing part of the file name instead of saving.

Save As file name now opens a folder containing part of the file name instead of saving.: Hello all, as of today I am now having a frustrating problem with Windows 10 when attempting to save a file with Save As. If the name I type for the file to be saved is the same as, or the same as part of a folders name, clicking save now opens that folder instead of saving...
  8. Icons Not Showing only file name

Icons Not Showing only file name: I know Microsoft word converts a pdf to editable word file..Now the issue I m facing 1. I opend the Word 2016 version 2. was browsing for a pdf file from my pc 3 .I noticed in the browsing search box while loading all the pdfs from user folder the icons were changing...
  9. Temp.desktop folder only contain onedrive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Temp.desktop folder only contain onedrive: Hello, Yesterday I discovered that a huge TEMP.DESKTOP has been created at C:\user and that folder does only contain Onedrive things. But It does contain ALL my onedrive things, also those that shall not be stored locally. BTW, my normal onedrive storage is at D:\ and that...
  10. Compare a text file containing file names with files in a folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Compare a text file containing file names with files in a folder: Hi, I have a text files containing a list of file names and I wish to compare that to a folder with files in it. The folder contains a rather large number of files and I want to see if files in that folder exist in the file with the list of file names. Hope I have explained...