Windows 10: A folder with the name "hisdata" which only contains dat files keeps showing up? is this a...

Discus and support A folder with the name "hisdata" which only contains dat files keeps showing up? is this a... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Apparently every time I delete them, they show up sometimes. What should I do?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by theclapleader, Nov 8, 2019.

1. A folder with the name "hisdata" which only contains dat files keeps showing up? is this a...

Apparently every time I delete them, they show up sometimes. What should I do?

:)

theclapleader, Nov 8, 2019
  2. Bowlsys Win User

Compare a text file containing file names with files in a folder

Hi,
    I have a text files containing a list of file names and I wish to compare that to a folder with files in it.
    The folder contains a rather large number of files and I want to see if files in that folder exist in the file with the list of file names.

Hope I have explained my problem clearly.

Would appreciate any help
    Thanks

Bowlsys, Nov 8, 2019
  3. Moved a folder from another drive and rename and it still shows as the old folder name in certain places

Hi Nick,

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check the behavior.

• Create a new folder name it as 'My Videos'.
    • Now copy/cut and paste the contents which are in the folder "Videos", and delete the folder "Videos".
    • Now check the behavior.
    Please keep us updated with the status of the folder, to assist you further.

Regards,

Syed Abdul Jabbar, Nov 8, 2019
  4. dark2099 Win User

A folder with the name "hisdata" which only contains dat files keeps showing up? is this a...

Generating a .txt based file list in Windows 7

I want to be able to generate a .txt file that lists all the files and folders in a specific folder on my PC, but don't know the name of any programs that do that. Searched on google a bit and came up with this guide, but it's for XP and I can't seem to find some of the folder options to modify the .bat file. Any suggestions? Thanks

http://www.theeldergeek.com/file_list_generator.htm

EDIT: The .bat file will do what I want if it is in the folder I want to do it in, but the option I want to add is having the right click option that it shows.

dark2099, Nov 8, 2019
Thema:

A folder with the name "hisdata" which only contains dat files keeps showing up? is this a...

1. A folder with the name "hisdata" which only contains dat files keeps showing up? is this a... - Similar Threads - folder name hisdata

2. Temp.desktop folder only contain onedrive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Temp.desktop folder only contain onedrive: Hello, Yesterday I discovered that a huge TEMP.DESKTOP has been created at C:\user and that folder does only contain Onedrive things. But It does contain ALL my onedrive things, also those that shall not be stored locally. BTW, my normal onedrive storage is at D:\ and that...
  3. File names in explorer disappear and show up again

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File names in explorer disappear and show up again: Bug 10 is bug 10 vol.2 File names in explorer disappear and show up again when I first time open it. Happens from the end of last year on my 3 PCs. [IMG][ATTACH]...
  4. Searching for files names containing symbols

in Cortana
    Searching for files names containing symbols: I have a folder containing files which I named with = in the name e.g. "Richmond Division====". They have anything from 1-6 ='s in the name. I want to be able to search for these files, say all the files with four ='s. When I try it comes up with no results. Is there a way...
  5. Files not showing up in a folder.

Files not showing up in a folder.: I wanted to get some files off my old broken laptop so i bought a hard drive to usb adapter. But when I go to G:\Users\my user\Pictures the folder is empty. is there a reason why if anyone could tell me it would be a big help....
  6. Compare a text file containing file names with files in a folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Compare a text file containing file names with files in a folder: Hi, I have a text files containing a list of file names and I wish to compare that to a folder with files in it. The folder contains a rather large number of files and I want to see if files in that folder exist in the file with the list of file names. Hope I have explained...
  7. sent folder contains only a single email

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    sent folder contains only a single email: this applies to an outlook.com email using a windows 10 phone. And why is there a gigantic delay between typing the letters here and displaying them?...
  8. This keeps showing up!

This keeps showing up!: This keeps showing up! Especially when I'm playing GTA V, it closes is and then it comes up with a cmd window behind it. HELP PLEASE!!![ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/this-keeps-showing-up/cca5601d-8f2d-4472-be2a-d1559717d423"
  9. Can't delete a folder which keeps reappearing with a different name?

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't delete a folder which keeps reappearing with a different name?: Hi, I have win 10, 64 bit installed on my laptop. (along with Cybereason Ransomfree) However I seem to have picked up somewhere folders that appear in My Docs, C drive, and on my D drive with random names (that keep changing) and a series of files in them (always 10 which I...
  10. can't delete a folder which keeps reappearing with a different name?

can't delete a folder which keeps reappearing with a different name?: I have win 10, 64 bit installed on my laptop. However I seem to have picked up somewhere folders that appear in My Docs, and on my C drive with random names and a series of files in them (which I have not opened!). I have tried to delete the folders and files in them to no...