Windows 10: A font I installed no longer can be deleted, appears on my browser at times.

Discus and support A font I installed no longer can be deleted, appears on my browser at times. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello! I need assistance with this issue I've encountered fairly recently. I've attempted to search fixes but could not find anything that fits my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by wolfsided, Jun 22, 2021.

1. wolfsided Win User

A font I installed no longer can be deleted, appears on my browser at times.

Hello! I need assistance with this issue I've encountered fairly recently. I've attempted to search fixes but could not find anything that fits my designated issue.I installed a font called "Helvetica Neue" yesterday because it was a font I wanted to use. The font didn't really work too well with what I was needing it for, so I attempted to delete it, and it no longer has a delete button from the only way I can access it, Font settings. Control Panel does not show the font at all so I couldn't do it that way either. The font has now started to pop up in my Chrome browser in websites like "Wayb

:)

wolfsided, Jun 22, 2021
  2. CSapGo Win User

Deleting Fonts from Windows 10 that don't appear in regedit

I have a "Bliss" font that I use on other systems and is licensed for use on my Surface Pro with Windows 10 - Version 1809

It is currently in my fonts list, but unfortunately the Bliss-Regular.otf file I installed appears to be conflicting with a BLISS-Regular_01.otf version of the same name font, and it's not presenting properly.

I've tried the simple steps to uninstalling/deleting the problem file, but I can only delete the new file, and the old file remains due to the 'in use' issue.

I've attempted the steps to deleting the file from the registry; however, the Bliss font doesn't even exist in the registry.

It doesn't appear in either of these areas:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Fonts

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Fonts

This sure has been a time-killer. I hope I can receive some help here. Thank you.

CSapGo, Jun 22, 2021
  3. Bolded Font on Internet Browsers

Hi,

This issue may have been caused by a Windows 10 update that changed your font settings automatically. If you recently updated your operating system, we suggest that you follow these steps to see if the font will go back to normal:

• Type font in the search bar.
    • Select Change Font settings.
    • Click Restore default font settings.

Let us know the status of the issue to assist you further.

Dennis Mop, Jun 22, 2021
  4. NeoSOS Win User

Fonts

Hello,

I found these steps in this forum from back in 2010:

Step 1:

I would suggest you to try these steps and check whether it helps in fixing your issue.

Open font settings by clicking on start, click on control panel, and then click on appearance and personalization, under fonts click on change font settings. And select the font size.

Step 2:

If you’re trying to change windows font size then please follow the steps below:

To change Windows fonts

1. Open Appearance Settings by clicking the Start button and then clicking Control Panel. In the search box, type window color, and then click Change window colors and
    metrics

2. In the Item list, click the part of Windows that you want to change the font for. For example, if you want to change the menu font, click Menu in the list. Then, make any of the following changes:

· In the Font list, click the font that you want to use.

· In the Size list, click the font size that you want.

· In the Color list, click the font color that you want.

3. Repeat these steps for each item that you want to make changes to, and then click OK.

Does that help?

NeoSOS, Jun 22, 2021
Thema:

1. A font I installed no longer can be deleted, appears on my browser at times. - Similar Threads - font installed longer

2. Ghost font appearing when font not installed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ghost font appearing when font not installed: Ghost font appearing when font not installed. I downloaded Roboto font from Google's website and installed after disabling Roboto from Adobe CC fonts - I do not have auto activate enabled. All worked fine for a few months and then Cond Bold disappeared after a microsoft...
  3. Ghost font appearing when font not installed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ghost font appearing when font not installed: Ghost font appearing when font not installed. I downloaded Roboto font from Google's website and installed after disabling Roboto from Adobe CC fonts - I do not have auto activate enabled. All worked fine for a few months and then Cond Bold disappeared after a microsoft...
  4. Some of the fonts in any browser appears pixelated

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Some of the fonts in any browser appears pixelated: Some of the fonts in any browser appears pixelated https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/some-of-the-fonts-in-any-browser-appears-pixelated/f0ae24b4-348d-45e3-8cce-36c0b5d92199
  5. Some of the fonts in any browser appears pixelated

in Windows 10 Customization
    Some of the fonts in any browser appears pixelated: Some of the fonts in any browser appears pixelated https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/some-of-the-fonts-in-any-browser-appears-pixelated/f0ae24b4-348d-45e3-8cce-36c0b5d92199
  6. Some of the fonts in any browser appears pixelated

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Font installed but not appearing

Font installed but not appearing: I recently downloaded a font which consist of regular, condensed and expanded variants. However, when I installed them, only the regular variant appeared. I've tried on several apps, such as Word, WordPad, Paint and Paint.net, but neither the condensed nor the expanded...
  8. Installed font doesn't appear

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Installed font doesn't appear: Hello, I recently had to reset my laptop (Asus Model UX461UN, Windows10) and unfortunately didn't think to save my fonts. Now I need to re-edit a publisher document with several HelveticaNeue fonts. There are many different versions of HelveticaNeue (Light, Condensed, etc),...
  9. Can No Longer Change Menu fonts or Desktop icon fonts ?

Can No Longer Change Menu fonts or Desktop icon fonts ?: Although it wasn't nearly as good as the days of changing the system font, there was an area where one could change the size and style (bold, italicized etc) for menus, context menus etc. I can no longer find any way to do this. Is there a way? I'm assuming one still can't...
  10. installed font affected browser

in Browsers and Email
    installed font affected browser: I installed couple of fonts and then noticed that one of them affected web browsers and changed fonts on certain websites. please just tell me how to get rid of it, reinstalling browsers and restoring all settings don't work. 22506