Windows 10: A form's acrylic area is incorrectly drawn when Region's size doesn't match Bounds' size

Discus and support A form's acrylic area is incorrectly drawn when Region's size doesn't match Bounds' size in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My name is Maxim Lebedev. I'm a software engineer representing the WinForms team at DevExpress. We were reported that our FluentDesingForm component... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by WinForms TeamDevExpress, Nov 25, 2019.

1. A form's acrylic area is incorrectly drawn when Region's size doesn't match Bounds' size

My name is Maxim Lebedev. I'm a software engineer representing the WinForms team at DevExpress.

We were reported that our FluentDesingForm component incorrectly draws its acrylic area when the display uses the scale different from 100%. We found that it occurs because the form incorrectly calculates its acrylic area when its Region's size doesn't match Bounds' size. This area doesn't match the actual Region bounds. The issue is reproduced when the DPI-aware mode is disabled.

We have attached a sample project demonstrating this issue (sample).

To reproduce this behavior, do the following:

1. Set a non-default scale for a display, for example, to 125%.
    2. Run the sample to see the issue.
    We have attached screenshots demonstrating the current and expected behavior. The expected result is that the acrylic area fills the Region area (the blue rectangle).

Screenshots: currentBehavior, expectedBehavior

It's important to resolve this issue because it affects a lot of our users who use our FluentDesingForm component.
    If you need any additional details, let us know.

Thank you.

:)

WinForms TeamDevExpress, Nov 25, 2019
  2. Amit_Sun Win User

Change in folder size after enabling Bitlocker

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand you concern related to the size of the folder displayed. Try these steps to narrow down the issue:

1. Disable bitlocker
      and then check the folder size.
    2. We would also suggest you to open the folder and select all files and see the size of the contents.

Let us know if the size of the contents matches the folder size. If you see a difference, then the folder might be showing incorrect size.

Kindly reply us with the requested information to assist you better.

Awaiting for your response.

Amit Sunar

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Amit_Sun, Nov 25, 2019
  3. increase text size

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Follow the steps to change the font size:

• Click on "Windows logo" and select "Settings".
    • Select "System".
    • You can change the font size here.

Follow the steps to go to Control Panel:

• Type "Control Panel" in the search bar.
    • Select "Control Panel" from suggestions.

I hope this helps you. If you have any further query in future, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Nov 25, 2019
  4. Compumind Win User

A form's acrylic area is incorrectly drawn when Region's size doesn't match Bounds' size

Why do the icon sizes not match on the Taskbar?

Hi -

I'm trying to add some icons to the taskbar, but as you can see with the purple arrow, the sizes are different.
    I tried making the icon size larger, but to no effect.

A form's acrylic area is incorrectly drawn when Region's size doesn't match Bounds' size [​IMG]

I want them all to be the same size.

Suggestions welcome!

TIA *cry

Compumind, Nov 25, 2019
Thema:

A form's acrylic area is incorrectly drawn when Region's size doesn't match Bounds' size

1. A form's acrylic area is incorrectly drawn when Region's size doesn't match Bounds' size - Similar Threads - form's acrylic area

2. Printing special sized forms

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printing special sized forms: Please help me print 1/2 of a letter sized piece of paper. I am trying to print on 5.5 x 8.5 paper. There is a form that size called "statement" but it is not available through the Universal PCL 5 driver.This has been a challenge of mine through several versions of Windows. I...
  3. Printing special sized forms

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Printing special sized forms: Please help me print 1/2 of a letter sized piece of paper. I am trying to print on 5.5 x 8.5 paper. There is a form that size called "statement" but it is not available through the Universal PCL 5 driver.This has been a challenge of mine through several versions of Windows. I...
  4. size of files on C drive doesn't match disk usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    size of files on C drive doesn't match disk usage: Windows reports the disk usage of my C drive as 255 GB. However, the total size of files on my C drive is 132 GB. Also, The total of items in the "Storage" tab of settings is around 130 GB. How do I determine what is occupying the remaining 125 GB? See attached screenshot....
  5. size of files on C drive doesn't match disk usage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    size of files on C drive doesn't match disk usage: Windows reports the disk usage of my C drive as 255 GB. However, the total size of files on my C drive is 132 GB. Also, The total of items in the "Storage" tab of settings is around 130 GB. How do I determine what is occupying the remaining 125 GB? See attached screenshot....
  6. size of files on C drive doesn't match disk usage

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Paper size configuration in region

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Paper size configuration in region: Hi everyone ! I have small problem in a company. All computers have a US region and default paper size in this region is Letter. Manually changing paper, when I'm installing new printer is not solution to the problem. How can I change default paper size in the given...
  8. My display size does not match my screen size.

in Windows 10 Customization
    My display size does not match my screen size.: Hello, I am using to different size monitors for my computer. Display 1 is an older 22 inch Sceptre monitor with a 1920 x 1080 resolution that I use as a side monitor for Discord and Facebook. Display 2 is a much newer 28 inch Asus monitor with a 3840 x 2160 resolution....
  9. Window sizing area

in Windows 10 Support
    Window sizing area: When resizing a window on a 15" 1920x1080 display, it takes a lot of doing because the area allowed for the cursor to change to the double ended arrow is so small, is there a way to increase the number of pixels? 149647
  10. File size not matching

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File size not matching: Hello, I was looking to free up some space on my new laptop and I've found that the weight that is displayed on one of the folders is really wrong. It says that the folder has 960+GB of info but when I go inside that folder and check folder by folder i have around 5gb...